Decision, 6 or 6 plus?

jonathan sink

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
So I made the mistake of preordering through att (6+). Now that I am waiting till mid October my wife posed a very good question to me last night. Currently I cary a Lumia 1520, no case in my pocket. I will not carry my 6 plus to work without a case. Because I work construction I need an otterbox type case. So her question was how are you gonna put a big case on that phone and carry it in your pocket? So now I don't know whether to just live with that get a better battery and better camera hardware. The other option is to give those two things up and have the ease of carrying a smaller phone. What would you all do given the same choice?

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The 6 isn't a bad choice at all. I'm getting great battery life from it. I personally passed on the 6 plus once i got my hands on it. Just too big for me and i don't see it with an Otterbox fitting in a pocket. You'd probably have to use the belt clip that it comes with. If you have your heart set on the 6 plus for any number of other reasons, i'd say get it and figure out a way to make it work at your job. Don't settle.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
We can't make our own minds up. Many of us got the wrong phone. I got a 6 instead of the 6+, now I'm kicking myself. The battery on the 6 is just as bad as the battery on the 5s. Some people are claiming to have great battery life, but what does that mean? They might be light users. I have everything turned off and I still don't see improvements. I don't care for otter box, they're too bulky but in my case I will get a Lifeproof which is thinner and it should do me some good. The reason I went with the 6 is because of how it'll fit with a mophie or Lifeproof but after using it a few days I've decided against it, I'll get use to the size of the 6+ but your wife has a point. However, I would have to make it work.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
So I made the mistake of preordering through att (6+). Now that I am waiting till mid October my wife posed a very good question to me last night. Currently I cary a Lumia 1520, no case in my pocket. I will not carry my 6 plus to work without a case. Because I work construction I need an otterbox type case. So her question was how are you gonna put a big case on that phone and carry it in your pocket? So now I don't know whether to just live with that get a better battery and better camera hardware. The other option is to give those two things up and have the ease of carrying a smaller phone. What would you all do given the same choice?

I had also made the same mistake. I pre ordered a 6 plus through AT&T & had an expected shipping date of 11/9-11/27 and that was just ridiculous. My iPhone 5 was literally on its last legs and there's no way I could continuing waiting. Also,a week after I had pre ordered the 6 plus I went to see the phones in person and discovered that the 6 plus was way too big and not what I wanted. so I had cancelled my pre order and was able to pick up a 6 at best buy. in my area the 6 seems to be easy to pick up from store than the plus. The 6 has great battery life for me since I also had an iPhone 5 that had the battery issue. I would start off from my house at 100% and my college is an hour away from where I live and I would already be at 68% without even barely using it. With the 6 I'll leave my house at 100% and by the time I get to school it would only be at 96%. So I'm very happy with my decision

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I had also made the same mistake. I pre ordered a 6 plus through AT&T & had an expected shipping date of 11/9-11/27 and that was just ridiculous. My iPhone 5 was literally on its last legs and there's no way I could continuing waiting. Also,a week after I had pre ordered the 6 plus I went to see the phones in person and discovered that the 6 plus was way too big and not what I wanted. so I had cancelled my pre order and was able to pick up a 6 at best buy. in my area the 6 seems to be easy to pick up from store than the plus. The 6 has great battery life for me since I also had an iPhone 5 that had the battery issue. I would start off from my house at 100% and my college is an hour away from where I live and I would already be at 68% without even barely using it. With the 6 I'll leave my house at 100% and by the time I get to school it would only be at 96%. So I'm very happy with my decision

I am in the same boat, I ordered the 6+ on 9/19 and they told me a shipping date of 11/9-11/21 and I just can't believe its THAT LONG, but my current iP5 is running fine, it just has a horrible battery (have to charge it 2-3 times a day), so I CAN wait that long, I just don't want to.

I also do not like bulky cases on my phone (OtterBox Defender), I am more of a screen protector and slim case to protect it from scratches and whatnot, I work an office job so I don't worry about doing manual labor with my phone.

I went to Best Buy again last night and played with both phones, but its really hard to get a real sense of the phones because they have sensors and wires attached to them, and I also couldn't put it in my pockets to see how it felt.
I think I am going to stick with my original order for the 6+ and just wait it out because to me the screen, battery and camera hardware are worth the wait and size...

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
We can't make our own minds up. Many of us got the wrong phone. I got a 6 instead of the 6+, now I'm kicking myself. The battery on the 6 is just as bad as the battery on the 5s. Some people are claiming to have great battery life, but what does that mean? They might be light users. I have everything turned off and I still don't see improvements. I don't care for otter box, they're too bulky but in my case I will get a Lifeproof which is thinner and it should do me some good. The reason I went with the 6 is because of how it'll fit with a mophie or Lifeproof but after using it a few days I've decided against it, I'll get use to the size of the 6+ but your wife has a point. However, I would have to make it work.

Battery life is the only thing I desire about the 6 Plus, but as far as everything else I prefer the 6. I value one handed use, pocket ability and feel in hand. My battery life on my 6 is slightly better than my 5 it seems (which was acceptable) and I assume it will increasingly get better the more I break it in.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
If it helps, I'm a garbage man so I'm around the same boat as you. I got the 6 plus and I just put it in a slim case like the silicone ones you see with a belt clip, but I leave my phone in the truck...so I don't have to worry about smashing it in my pocket or anything

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2