Going back to the iphone 5S

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is everything I wanted in my next phone. But after what appears to be my third defective unit in a row I've had enough for now.

The first phone would store pictures I took upside down, portrait when I took landscape, etc. There was extreme lag when scrolling my photo albums. If I edited a pic, it took literally minutes to save as opposed to seconds. Returned it to Apple yesterday.
The second phone had a defective front microphone. Returned it to Apple today.
Now, my third unit is doing the exact same things as my first unit and I've honestly had enough.

But I want to ask the community, have any of you experienced issues with the stock photos app? Lag, editing issues, freezing, etc? I'm sick over this but I can't spend every day driving, swapping, and restoring :(

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow sorry to hear that I personally have none of the issues that you mentioned the best phone yet. Don't give up we all go through a roll like that one time or another.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The second phone was a strange issue. You could hear me on the other end of a phone call but Siri, Voice to Text, the new audible message feature in texts, etc wouldn't register sound. Finally tried a FaceTime call and there was no sound. Here, it's that mic that runs all of that.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any issues with pictures. Haven't done much editing but the little I did do was pretty smooth.
Sucks that you had such bad luck. I say give it one more shoot before calling a quits :).

Sacha7905

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry about your bad experience. I always wait at least a month before buying a new product, so they can work out all of the bugs and get the manufacturing process down pact.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This stinks, Finn. I haven't had any issues and am loving my new device. Maybe the 4th device is the charm?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is everything I wanted in my next phone. But after what appears to be my third defective unit in a row I've had enough for now.

The first phone would store pictures I took upside down, portrait when I took landscape, etc. There was extreme lag when scrolling my photo albums. If I edited a pic, it took literally minutes to save as opposed to seconds. Returned it to Apple yesterday.
Now, my third unit is doing the exact same things as my first unit and I've honestly had enough.

But I want to ask the community, have any of you experienced issues with the stock photos app? Lag, editing issues, freezing, etc? I'm sick over this but I can't spend every day driving, swapping, and restoring :(

I'd wait for an update. Don't return your phone just be patient and wait for a fix. I have had a few crashes etc but nothing I can't stand to the point of return. I love this phone. There have been reported many bugs and problems but you know how fast apple is at fixing them.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It's my own fault lol. I was just going off 2 weeks ago about how I've never encountered an issue buying my phones at launch. But seriously, 3 bad experiences in a row?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait for an update. Don't return your phone just be patient and wait for a fix. I have had a few crashes etc but nothing I can't stand to the point of return. I love this phone. There have been reported many bugs and problems but you know how fast apple is at fixing them.

That's a risk though Sekelani because I'm not certain if the issue is purely software, and one that will be cured. I'm in the safety blanket of my 14 day return window. Once that's over, it's a different set of rules.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to take mine back to T-Mobile but I'm afraid the other 6 that I have will be even worse than the one I'm using now. Yikes.... I keep hearing horror stories!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Dude don't give up. It's just an unlucky streak. My 6 has been great so far.

I have noticed odd things going on with photos in very rare occasions (sometime won't rotate when taking a picture). But I'm sure it's just software bugs that will get fixed in the first update.

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I took the plunge and moved to the iPhone since all the rest of the family has one. So far, I haven't had any major issues, except for one quirk and it is related to the camera also.

If I try to open the camera from the lockscreen, the camera will not "show" anything except a blank or "smudged" screen. I have to quit the camera application and reopen it. Very odd and not helpful if wanting to get a quick shot.

Secondly, and I think more related to Verizon, my signal is -100+ mostly where I am. I am sure this will negatively affect battery life, but hard to determine by how much at this point.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear this buddy

I did notice that the speech to text in messaging works a little odd. I tried it a few times on my 5s and nothing then I happened to tap and hold the microphone and it works fine

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I occasionally get some shutter when scrolling through my photos but it's not bad. My iPhone 6 did crash and reboot last night after I turned the parallax motion back on; which I promptly then turned back off after the reboot.

IMHO I think iOS 8 has some bugs that need squashing. I get some hang ups on my iPhone 5 now too. I wouldn't panic yet, see if there is a software release soon with some bug fixes.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. There's no harm in waiting though while you have the experience you want on the 5S. If the Plus hadn't worked out for me, I would have gone back to the 5S as well. iOS 8 has some bugs (and some that are probably iphone 6 specific) but that's been true of all new iOS versions. Send them an email and they'll probably try to make things right.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711