Bluetooth issue with MacBook Pro and iPhone6

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone6 is supposedly not compatible with my MacBook Pro.

My Apple Bluetooth software version is: 4.3.0f2 14775
Not sure if you need more info. Is my computer too old to work with my new phone?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What are you trying to do via Bluetooth? My Bluetooth software version is 4.2.7f3 14616( MacBook early 2009 model), but I don't have the new iPhone yet to experiment with in this regard.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
What are you trying to do via Bluetooth? My Bluetooth software version is 4.2.7f3 14616( MacBook early 2009 model), but I don't have the new iPhone yet to experiment with in this regard.

I was trying to do handoff. I thought it needed bluetooth to work (like starting an email or a text and finishing it on my iPhone). I'm trying to figure out everything I can do with handoff, but my attempts haven't been working.

And just in general, my phone and computer won't connect to bluetooth with each other. They pair, and then immediately disconnect.

Thanks for the reply!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to do handoff. I thought it needed bluetooth to work (like starting an email or a text and finishing it on my iPhone). I'm trying to figure out everything I can do with handoff, but my attempts haven't been working.

And just in general, my phone and computer won't connect to bluetooth with each other. They pair, and then immediately disconnect.

Thanks for the reply!

From what I've read you don't need to have Bluetooth. Just be signed into iCloud on both. Also I don't think the Mac allows it until Yosemite. Do you have a beta version?

https://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/continuity/#mn_p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh