To make a long story short, I am not eligible for upgrade until late this year but they let me upgrade early @ the 2 year contract pricing, so I ordered on Friday the 19th (day of launch since they wouldn't let me pre-order) and when I ordered my AT&T 128gb 6 Plus in space gray they gave me an estimated ship date of November 9-21, 2 months!
    I've NEVER waited more than 2 weeks for any other iPhone I ordered on launch day, seems like they really underestimated the plus selling so well.

I was told if I go with the regular 6 it will ship within 14 days...that alone has me thinking about switching my order to the 6 because I need a working phone sooner than 2 months...

Anyone else experiencing this SUPER LONG back order? Are they usually accurate with their estimated ship dates?
    09-22-2014 02:44 PM
    Well just to give you an idea, i'm from the Netherlands have to wait few more days for the iphone to release. Did my order at Icentre and just few min ago got a mail i'm 85th in line for my pre order. So i don't even know if i'm getting it friday, my point is no one knew that the iphone 6/ 6+ would be such a big hit. Nothing much we can do but fingers crossed and hope you get it soon
    09-22-2014 02:56 PM
    You would think that Apple could just order a bunch of iPhones and if they have a bunch of devices left, slow down production and let them slowly sell.
    09-22-2014 04:28 PM
    If you have time you can check apple/carrier stores for the next couple days if you're sold on the plus. If you find one you can cancel your order and buy it right there on the spot. The 6 was meh to me when I went through the nightmare of trying to get the + on launch day. An employee brought them both out and the 6 just looked so puny and so I counted it out and focused on the +. After 13 hours of waiting for nothing and everywhere being sold out, I went to my carrier store the following day (they were offering a huge amount on buyback, it was too good to pass up) and came home with a 6. I honestly am VERY happy with my phone.... once you stop comparing it to the + it is actually a good size jump from the 5s/5 and anything older than that would be gigantic. If a rotating home screen is super important to you then you might want to hold out but thats basically the only difference. I have taken pictures with both and didn't really notice any difference, imore just made a post with side by sides of pictures as well and again really no difference. Good luck with whatever you choose!
    09-22-2014 04:51 PM
    If you have time you can check apple/carrier stores for the next couple days if you're sold on the plus. If you find one you can cancel your order and buy it right there on the spot. The 6 was meh to me when I went through the nightmare of trying to get the + on launch day. An employee brought them both out and the 6 just looked so puny and so I counted it out and focused on the +. After 13 hours of waiting for nothing and everywhere being sold out, I went to my carrier store the following day (they were offering a huge amount on buyback, it was too good to pass up) and came home with a 6. I honestly am VERY happy with my phone.... once you stop comparing it to the + it is actually a good size jump from the 5s/5 and anything older than that would be gigantic. If a rotating home screen is super important to you then you might want to hold out but thats basically the only difference. I have taken pictures with both and didn't really notice any difference, imore just made a post with side by sides of pictures as well and again really no difference. Good luck with whatever you choose!
    Unfortunately I cannot just go into a store and buy one until the end of the year when my contract is actually up, AT&T let me upgrade early but I HAD to order it from them, if I went into a store they woudn't let me buy the phone for the 2 year contract price.

I hope I can go see my buddy tonight who bought both the regular 6 and the plus so I can get a real life feel for it outside of the store tethered to wires.
    09-22-2014 05:01 PM