Thinking about returning my new iPhone 6

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have always wanted the 6 plus. I was tempted for a moment to get the 6 because my preorder for the plus was two months out and the AT&T store I went to on launch day had a space grey 128 GB model for purchase. I could have easily picked it up and cancelled my preorder, but I decided that it was better to wait. Besides, I had already purchased two cases from Amazon for the plus. So I will wait. And I know it is going to be well worth it.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have always wanted the 6 plus. I was tempted for a moment to get the 6 because my preorder for the plus was two months out and the AT&T store I went to on launch day had a space grey 128 GB model for purchase. I could have easily picked it up and cancelled my preorder, but I decided that it was better to wait. Besides, I had already purchased two cases from Amazon for the plus. So I will wait. And I know it is going to be well worth it.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

I was a plus guy too until I held the demo at the Apple Store. Holy crap that's a big phone.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I love my new iPhone 6, I really do. I waited all night for it. I originally wanted the 6 plus but my local Verizon store didn't get any so I got the 6. I played with a 6 plus at the Apple Store and I told myself that it was too big for me and I love my 6. The problem is, I can't stop thinking about the plus. I'm thinking I may return the 6 and order the 6 plus. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Nope. Not one bit. I know exactly what i want for my personal needs and I either get that or I wait. I'm pretty patient. I got a 6 today (wanted a smaller phone) and I only got it because, i read that my carrier is offering $200 for a 4s and it may end. they aren't going for that much on Ebay. So i pulled the trigger. But i'd planned on waiting a while. But my suggestion is get what keeps you from having buyers remorse. I was an ipod guy. I used it all day everyday. I wanted an ipod and a phone, thus wanted the iphone but lacked the funds. I ended up getting a Palm Pre hoping it would be equal as a ipod and as a phone (read apps and stuff since i don't call much). It failed in both and though i was happy for 2 months by the third month when the "coming explosion" in new apps in the apps store wasn't happening and i realized i wasn't getting the basic apps i needed I started having buyers remorse. I spent almost 3 years hating that phone and that experience. I had a 4s since a little after launch and never regretted it. The only wish i had was lte. Nothing more. I say just go what makes you happy whatever that is and you'll be fine. Side note: same with my car which is now 10 years old and i still like it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That reminds me how much I wish I still had my little 74 Volkswagen Suoer Beetle. Still love that thing. If it hadn't caught fire i'd still have it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the 6, because I'll be keeping my Lumia 1520.3 for serious video watching.
If I didn't have the lumia I'd still go for the 6 and not the plus. Truth be told after having a 1520 every other phone seems puny.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I've honestly been thinking the same.
I saw and handled the 6 Plus in Target over the weekend, and it made me really wonder if I should have gone in that direction.
Honestly, the only thing that's really stopping me from exchanging my 6 for a Plus is the fact that my carrier is so backed up with Plus orders, some people who pre-ordered on the 12th still haven't gotten theirs.
I'm almost certain that when the 6 Plus S (or whatever next years iPhone will be called) comes out i'm going for the 5.5 inch option.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I knew people ( especially non tech geeks that always get new iPhones simply because "it's an iPhone so it's the best" even though they don't know why and have never had any other device) would want the 6 plus just because it's the "better one" not realizing that a 5.5 inch phone is a surfboard even without apples ginormous chin and forehead bezels.

Like I know it's good that Apple is giving people a choice and that they are offering people bigger phones but I'd guess that 85% or even more of iPhone users don't really know ish about phones. I know that some people hated how Apple only gave one screen size and that and that 4 inches was small but I think the the size worked better for most average iPhone users and/or was what they wanted. However I feel like most people (the people that don't frequent sites like iMore lol) who just blindly buy iPhones because "it's Apple so it's the best" don't know what they want because they don't care enough to actually see what else is out there. So now they just see the 6 plus as the "more expensive/better iPhone" so they'll get that when there's only a very niche amount of consumers who actually prefer phablets.

/end rant

PS I have smaller than average hands but I can't be the only person thinks the iPhone 6 design with a 4 inch screen would be the best thing ever.

Tl;dr - I knew people would buy the 6 plus without realizing that it's effing HUUUGE!

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I cannot imagine using a phone much larger than my iPhone 6. Anything much larger would be very hard to hold while making phone calls and completely impossible for me to use at all one handed.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
You guys talk about the size a lot, with good reason....I've actually been thinking about returning my 6 and going back to the 5S JUST because of the size and what I use my phone for. Calls, texts, some social media and the occasional picture. That's about it. No gaming, no video watching really. I'm torn.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
You guys talk about the size a lot, with good reason....I've actually been thinking about returning my 6 and going back to the 5S JUST because of the size and what I use my phone for. Calls, texts, some social media and the occasional picture. That's about it. No gaming, no video watching really. I'm torn.

I'm thinking the same exact thing. Not sure what I'm going to do.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I knew people ( especially non tech geeks that always get new iPhones simply because "it's an iPhone so it's the best" even though they don't know why and have never had any other device) would want the 6 plus just because it's the "better one" not realizing that a 5.5 inch phone is a surfboard even without apples ginormous chin and forehead bezels.

Like I know it's good that Apple is giving people a choice and that they are offering people bigger phones but I'd guess that 85% or even more of iPhone users don't really know ish about phones. I know that some people hated how Apple only gave one screen size and that and that 4 inches was small but I think the the size worked better for most average iPhone users and/or was what they wanted. However I feel like most people (the people that don't frequent sites like iMore lol) who just blindly buy iPhones because "it's Apple so it's the best" don't know what they want because they don't care enough to actually see what else is out there. So now they just see the 6 plus as the "more expensive/better iPhone" so they'll get that when there's only a very niche amount of consumers who actually prefer phablets.

/end rant

PS I have smaller than average hands but I can't be the only person thinks the iPhone 6 design with a 4 inch screen would be the best thing ever.

Tl;dr - I knew people would buy the 6 plus without realizing that it's effing HUUUGE!

-While now using an iPhone 6, I agree with you 100% on the iPhone 6 in a 4 inch screen variant. Would have been great I think.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73