i want to ditch my macbook air and live with my iDevice alone, live PC free. I use the air ONLY for syncing videos. Right now, i just got a 1TB seagate wireless plus so i can play my media on my device even without syncing. I can also copy video using the VLC app. I have iTunes match enabled so all my music are in the cloud, pics are in photo stream and other pics are saved on the seagate wireless plus. I use keynote and pages for my documents (I'm used to making my presentations and documents on my 5S as I've been doing it for nearly a year), and the i-flashdrive just in case i need to transfer some documents on the go. I'm a surgeon so i really don't make any high end media stuff and hence I don't use photoshop, and other media making apps. I'm planning to sell the Mac and use the money to buy a 128gb iPhone. For downloading media, onto the wireless HDD, i can use my wife's Mac mini. So with my setup, is it possible to ditch the mac/PC and live with the iPhone alone?
    09-22-2014 07:25 AM
    Looks to me like you have thoroughly thought this through and have your needs covered. I think that within reasonable limitations that yes, you could live without a mac/PC. However, my only suggestion would be to do a trial run for say, a week or two depending on your patience. Use your current phone and try to live mac/PC free during that time and see how it goes. It might give you a solid idea on whether there are any needs that haven't come to mind yet. Good luck.
    Edmilan likes this.
    09-22-2014 07:40 AM
    Since you do have access to your wife's Mac mini it should work just fine.
    Edmilan likes this.
    09-22-2014 07:47 AM
    Cool, thanks guys! Ill try it for a week absolutely without touching the Air. Another reason why I'm planning to sell it is because it's just collecting dust lol
    09-22-2014 07:53 AM