Yes, of the millions od iphone 6's that were delivered last friday, i was the one who got the lemon... It was working fine... Or so i thought, until i opened up my Bejeweled Blitz app. It had this thick black line across the screen that wouldn't go away. First, I thought it was the app, but my sister's Blitz had no such line. So I went to the Genius bar and the guy said it was probably the app because if it was a bad pixel, it would show up in all apps. But since it wasn't happening on my sister's phone, he will try to restore my phone's software. Long story short, the phone won't restore, so he had to give me a new phone. And since I just bought and installed a tempered glass screen protector, the manager asked me to look for something in the store I wanted and he'll take $25 off for me. I wanted a $40 flash drive, so I asked if he could give it to me for $25.. He said it was mine . Great customer Service!
    09-21-2014 11:05 PM
    Glad to hear you got it all worked out in the end.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    09-21-2014 11:12 PM
    Sucks that you got a dud, but I'm happy that it was resolved so quickly for you. Every time I go into the Apple Store they're always the gold standard of customer service, I'm glad you experienced the same service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-21-2014 11:25 PM
    Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your new device!
    09-21-2014 11:31 PM
    Love, LOVE LOVE this about Apple. HTC would have taken a couple weeks if my issues didn't come within the 14 day replacement period.
    calebt and the_tech_eater like this.
    09-21-2014 11:36 PM
    I have a line in mine also.
    09-21-2014 11:46 PM
    Just tested it and it does not do it in zoomed mode. For me the app just needs to be updated for the iPhone 6 I guess.
    09-21-2014 11:51 PM
    Love, LOVE LOVE this about Apple. HTC would have taken a couple weeks if my issues didn't come within the 14 day replacement period.
    Also with most other phone manufacturers you will have to mail the phone back to the manufacturer after the fourteen day return policy is up.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-22-2014 07:55 AM
    They just released the iPhone 6 bejeweled blitz update btw.
    09-22-2014 10:27 PM
    LOL. If you got a lemon, I got a grapefruit.

Worked great for 2 weeks. Now it drains flat on standby without use and everything turned off (wifi, cellular, app refresh) in 8 hours. Take a few photos and I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 hours.

That's only the half of it. All "flipable" apps flip to landscape as soon as opened when the phone is held vertical, and stick there. Undo typing boxes repeatedly appear when typing making typing impossible. The camera apps presents photos upside down when viewing.

I wish I could just take it back like you did. I live in Thailand and the phone was brought over from the US by a friend, so to get it fixed I have to ship it back to my friend so he can return it to the store... which will cost quite a bit of time and money.

Moral of the story: Don't buy an iPhone from a different country. iPhones can be lemons.
    11-10-2014 06:34 AM
    I received my iPhone 6 at the end of September after almost three faithful and trouble free years from my 4s. Problems began immediately. The phone would turn itself on (Hey Siri was not enabled).
    It would rename itself and stop my Hotspot even though connected and showing 10+ Mbps with Speedtest.
    I would have to reset Network Settings several times a day to get my Hotspot working again.
    It would remove then later restore my keyboard shortcuts and I was not using iCloud then....I am now.
    Many screen freezes or freezing in landscape or regular mode.
    It set a Restriction Code I could never figure it out (I only ever use one of two for all four number pins).
    Safari would frequently require clearing history and website data (opening it would immediately return me to Home screen).
    It shut off my iMessaging twice.
    Camera opened to a black screen several times.
    And it would drop calls.

After trying several things suggested by this (for the Restriction Code) and another forums members...(thank you all for your efforts) and many hours with my carrier's tech support I was sent another phone. Received it a week ago and did a restore from my Mac. Everything worked great except the hotspot and the Restriction Code. Three days ago went to the Genius bar with the phone and my MacBook and It's all flawless now.

And the Demon has been returned to my carrier.

I knew it couldn't be Apple. Once again I'm a happy boy.
    11-20-2014 07:40 PM