Hi all. New to the forum and this is my first IPhone here. Been an Android user for years. Anyway, I've been holding out for the IPhone 6 for months. Glad I didn't preorder or waste time waiting in a line for hours. I drove by my Verizon store at 7 am and there were folks lined up out the door. I came back to the store at 1pm and there was no one there! I asked if they had any IPhone 6's left and they had a bunch in gold and silver. I walked out of the store with a 64GB silver no hassle. Also, folks who preordered have to wait weeks or their orders are getting mixed up when there was (and possibly still is) a good stock in stores.

Do you feel like the whole waiting in line/preordering is even necessary anymore? It actually seems to be more hassle than necessary. I hear the same thing happened with the last IPhone release where there was a bunch of hype and many preordered and waited in line but many stores had plenty of stock left even after the rush. It seems now you can just walk right in to any store in the middle of the day and walk out with a new iPhone in less than 30 minutes.
    09-21-2014 09:59 PM
    I walked in to T-Mobile on launch day at 10am and got mine. Glad I didn't pre-order.
    09-21-2014 10:14 PM
    I guess it depends. I pre-ordered on the night of the 17th and received mine the afternoon of the 19th without any issues. I'll never stand in line. Experience or no experience, a lot better things to do with that free time lol.
    09-21-2014 10:18 PM
    Yea it seems the hype for the regular 6 was false. The hype and demand is for the 6+
    09-21-2014 10:27 PM
    i have been able to get a phone day 1 every year without waiting in line using different ways. This year just picked a smaller store and walked in at 8. Walked out with phone. Easy. other years preordering worked great and arrived launch day.
    09-21-2014 10:45 PM
    They were out by 10:30 or so.
    09-21-2014 10:46 PM
    Going and waiting in line at the apple store w/out a pre-order is def overhyped. I have heard soo many horror stories this year and say it for my self when I went to pick up my pre-order at the 5th ave apple store in NYC. IT WAS MADNESS. I would def pre-order for instore pickup again though. If you want one day one best bet is to pre-order either thru apple or the apple store app on the phone or iPad.
    09-21-2014 10:53 PM
    I've definitely had better luck going into stores and picking up the phone. I got screwed over trying to pre order and won't do it ever again. Also I would never wait in line for days & hours I have responsibilities
    09-22-2014 02:11 AM
    Eh. You have to wait in line at least once if your a big apple fan. I did for the first time this year. It was worth it just to watch the chaos.
    09-22-2014 12:39 PM
    Hi all. New to the forum and this is my first IPhone here. Been an Android user for years. Anyway, I've been holding out for the IPhone 6 for months. Glad I didn't preorder or waste time waiting in a line for hours. I drove by my Verizon store at 7 am and there were folks lined up out the door. I came back to the store at 1pm and there was no one there! I asked if they had any IPhone 6's left and they had a bunch in gold and silver. I walked out of the store with a 64GB silver no hassle. Also, folks who preordered have to wait weeks or their orders are getting mixed up when there was (and possibly still is) a good stock in stores.

Do you feel like the whole waiting in line/preordering is even necessary anymore? It actually seems to be more hassle than necessary. I hear the same thing happened with the last IPhone release where there was a bunch of hype and many preordered and waited in line but many stores had plenty of stock left even after the rush. It seems now you can just walk right in to any store in the middle of the day and walk out with a new iPhone in less than 30 minutes.
    It’s a personal choice. Waiting in line and pre-ordering is part of the excitement. Call it hype if you wish, but you don’t see anything like the excitement and buzz that the iPhone generates annually in the BB, Windows Phone or Android world.
    LadiJae and fridayxiii like this.
    09-22-2014 01:30 PM
    Clearly there was a buzz around the iPhone 6/Plus. Apple sold over 10 million phones in 3 days - a full million more iPhone 6/Plus than Apple sold of the iPhone 5S sold last year. These sales numbers are in spite of the fact that the iPhone 6 did not launch in China (the iPhone 5S did), due to regulatory/certification issues.
    09-22-2014 02:12 PM
    I hardly doubt most people want and choose to wait outside for days or hours in the cold and heat for the experience. I think they feel as if they have to wait outside for hours to be sure they get their hands on an IPhone launch day before it sells out. This is what I mean by overhyped because even with the 5s and now the 6 (not the 6+), there was plenty stock around stores that did not require camping out or waiting in line. Yes this was a big launch and there was a lot of buzz so as usual, many feel that the supply is lower than the demand and in order to get there hands on one, they had to wait out in the lines. I was just going on my experience and what i heard from others about how you could just walk in a store in the middle of the day after the rush died down and grab one in 20 minutes or so.
    09-22-2014 02:48 PM
    Personal choice. I was to late for the delivery on 9/19 and I needed to go out of town that day, so I preordered for in store pick up, got my phone and left. The camp out was a fun mad house, I'm glad I got to experience it.
    09-22-2014 03:29 PM
    I hardly doubt most people want and choose to wait outside for days or hours in the cold and heat for the experience. I think they feel as if they have to wait outside for hours to be sure they get their hands on an IPhone launch day before it sells out. This is what I mean by overhyped because even with the 5s and now the 6 (not the 6+), there was plenty stock around stores that did not require camping out or waiting in line. Yes this was a big launch and there was a lot of buzz so as usual, many feel that the supply is lower than the demand and in order to get there hands on one, they had to wait out in the lines. I was just going on my experience and what i heard from others about how you could just walk in a store in the middle of the day after the rush died down and grab one in 20 minutes or so.
    That really depended on which model you were afteran AT&T 16GB space gray 6, may have been easy to walk in and get later in the day, but many will attest that most variants of the 6 Plus were in shorter supply and if you went later in the day you were out of luck. My local Apple Store was sold out of all iPhone 6 & 6 Plus before noon and my conservative guess is that they went thru over 500 of them not including pre-orders. If you got there at noon, you would've been out of luck getting any new iPhone.
    09-22-2014 03:48 PM
    This really varies location to location. I don't think it was overhyped considering Apple sold about 10 million units in 3 days.
    09-22-2014 03:52 PM
    I waited in line for the experience. I know that it isn't necessary, but I just wanted to wait in line
    Evilguppy likes this.
    09-22-2014 04:23 PM
    I hardly doubt most people want and choose to wait outside for days or hours in the cold and heat for the experience.
    Most people probably. I did it when the iPhone 5 launched purely for the experience. It's never hard finding an iPhone where I am at all and I just wanted to experience the pomp and circumstance that surrounds an Apple launch for myself.

It was fun but now I've done it, I don't need to do it again.
    09-22-2014 04:33 PM
    It's kind of a hassle but the 800 dollars I just made off eBay sure is nice. I just wanted the 6+ so I could know for sure which phone was for me. I was on my way to Verizon to return it when it occurred to me ........see what eBay rates are.
    09-22-2014 05:14 PM
    It's an Apple thing, guess you have to be into that kind of buzz.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-22-2014 05:34 PM
    I've waited in line and it was fun and interesting way to spend time bonding.

I remember being disappointed when they didn't have white iphone 4's avail on launch day and I think that was last year I waited in line.

Last year for the gold 5s I got up early to get in line and again was disappointed that none were avail.

So this year I was determined to preorder and I'm glad I did.

I live in northern VA and while there r lots of apple and carrier stores I don't know how easy it would be to just show up and walk out with a phone. I've worked in every mall and observed that iphone line at apple. People queuing up daily for the first weeks.

Ordering was right for me.
    09-23-2014 12:54 AM