Just saw the iphone 6 plus in person..

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the 6 and I'm now wishing that I got the 6 Plus. I should've followed my 1st mind; but I just knew I was sure. Anyone willing to trade? Lol

raorth

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I had been waffling between the 6 and the 6+, really thought I wanted the 6 +. When it came time to pre-order I decided to get the 6. Spent the last few days wondering if I made the right decision. Had the chance to stop in an Apple store yesterday and compared the 2. While I thought the 6+ was gorgeous it was a bit bigger than what I would have wanted. As another poster stated, I too thought it wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be, but felt the 6 was perfect.

Very happy with the 6 purchase.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I picked up my 6 Plus from local Apple store on Friday. It was too big for me to use comfortably so I exchanged it for a 6. Several other people were on the pre-order line with me doing the same thing. I was given the choice of whatever 6 I wanted. Went with Gold, 128GB.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the 6+ and REALLY liked the bigger screen however, I made a bad choice with the storage size (16 GB ) and within 2 days I had nearly maxed out the storage on it. So yesterday I exchanged my 16 GB Plus for a regular iPhone 6 64 GB Gold. Since I only had a 2 week return policy I had to make a decision soon. My apple store also said that they might not get any more pluses in until early October MAYBE sooner but they were really unsure.

Well you live and learn, The regular 6 isn't bad by any means but I just wish the screen was a bit bigger maybe like at 5 inches exactly. In two years when the iPhone 7 launches I won't make the same mistake again!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually only 5'7 lol and my hands are kind of big but i held the 6 plus in my hand and had serious issues working with it so i decided okay no lets just get the 6. I had wanted the 64 gb silver one but I'll settle for gold too,just anything but black

I'm a 5'6" female and don't have a problem with it. *shrug*

I certainly wouldn't call it a brick. Not even close.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I got the 6 and I'm now wishing that I got the 6 Plus. I should've followed my 1st mind; but I just knew I was sure. Anyone willing to trade? Lol

I would just return the 6 and then just order the 6 Plus no matter in how long I get it. Even if I had to wait a few weeks for it to ship.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm a 5'6" female and don't have a problem with it. *shrug*

I certainly wouldn't call it a brick. Not even close.

I wasn't relating the reason why I didn't like the phone to my height & that's fine if you don't see it as a brick I don't expect everyone to agree with me

B-17 Pilot

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Agree with you PeltFreklin. . .saw the two side by side and immediately ordered the 6 Plus 64 GB in black today!! Deliver time estimated to be 10/30 to 11/10!

Mike

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was in the store earlier today checking them out as I have a plus on order and I think I am going to switch to the regular 6 as well...my hands are pretty large, I was able to use the plus with one hand pretty easily, texting was not as hard as everyone said, its just the size of the device, its just a tad bit TOO large, I think I will feel awkward holding that thing to my head to talk on it let alone having it in my pocket and I doubt it will fit the cup holders of either of my cars...
Not to mention I have a 2 month wait for the plus...
I keep telling my self the bigger battery and 1080 screen is worth it...but is it really?

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I was in the store earlier today checking them out as I have a plus on order and I think I am going to switch to the regular 6 as well...my hands are pretty large, I was able to use the plus with one hand pretty easily, texting was not as hard as everyone said, its just the size of the device, its just a tad bit TOO large, I think I will feel awkward holding that thing to my head to talk on it let alone having it in my pocket and I doubt it will fit the cup holders of either of my cars...
Not to mention I have a 2 month wait for the plus...
I keep telling my self the bigger battery and 1080 screen is worth it...but is it really?

That's another why I just got the 6. I wasn't wanting to wait til November for a new phone since my currently one was literally on its last legs

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I knew people ( especially non tech geeks that always get new iPhones simply because "it's an iPhone so it's the best" even though they don't know why and have never had any other device) would want the 6 plus just because it's the "better one" not realizing that a 5.5 inch phone is a surfboard even without apples ginormous chin and forehead bezels.

Like I know it's good that Apple is giving people a choice and that they are offering people bigger phones but I'd guess that 85% or even more of iPhone users don't really know ish about phones. I know that some people hated how Apple only gave one screen size and that and that 4 inches was small but I think the the size worked better for most average iPhone users and/or was what they wanted. However I feel like most people (the people that don't frequent sites like iMore lol) who just blindly buy iPhones because "it's Apple so it's the best" don't know what they want because they don't care enough to actually see what else is out there. So now they just see the 6 plus as the "more expensive/better iPhone" so they'll get that when there's only a very niche amount of consumers who actually prefer phablets.

/end rant

PS I have smaller than average hands but I can't be the only person thinks the iPhone 6 design with a 4 inch screen would be the best thing ever.

Tl;dr - I knew people would buy the 6 plus without realizing that it's effing HUUUGE!

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Why do you assume that people who buy iPhones aren't educated about smartphones in general and cannot discern what is the best device for them? I feel like I have a good handle on what smartphones can do and I buy an iPhone every year and believe that the 6 plus I have coming in the mail a couple of months from now is indeed the best phone on the market.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Why do you assume that people who buy iPhones aren't educated about smartphones in general and cannot discern what is the best device for them? I feel like I have a good handle on what smartphones can do and I buy an iPhone every year and believe that the 6 plus I have coming in the mail a couple of months from now is indeed the best phone on the market.

Yeah that always gets me. I've owned every platform and even the OnePlus One but apparently because iPhone works best for me I'm some smartphone *****.

It's so arrogant.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
You have to ask yourself what matters - battery , 1080p screen , landscape mode etc ....
If so the plus should be considered .

I look at the 6 as ho hum just another iPhone and honestly on the small side - still .
With an inferior screen to many many phones on the market today.
Even the blackberry passport is1080p.

However if you want a new experience from apple which lets be honest has become tiresome in their outdated OS rollout then the Plus is your phone .
It's unlike anything we've seen from the company .
When I held the note 4 the only thing I said was I wish this was apple.

Well....

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that always gets me. I've owned every platform and even the OnePlus One but apparently because iPhone works best for me I'm some smartphone *****.

It's so arrogant.

LOL so true. If your not on Android,then you must be a zombie. I've owned several android and like them as well. I even have an interest in the note 4, but I always come back to an iPhone. I guess you just can't educate stupid lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
LOL so true. If your not on Android,then you must be a zombie. I've owned several android and like them as well. I even have an interest in the note 4, but I always come back to an iPhone. I guess you just can't educate stupid lol

I have also had an interest in the Note 4. But I am going wait patiently for my iPhone 6 plus because I know that it will fit my needs better. But I'm still interested in new tech especially the Note series.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah don't know what it is about a stylus lol. Actually I wish apple would have implemented a stylus into the plus. Can you imagine the things they'd come with and the cool features an apple stylus would do? I guess the whole stylus thing goes back to my treo days.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah don't know what it is about a stylus lol. Actually I wish apple would have implemented a stylus into the plus. Can you imagine the things they'd come with and the cool features an apple stylus would do? I guess the whole stylus thing goes back to my treo days.

I really liked the way the Note integrates the stylus into the software. It is really smart. And even though it does present with an entirely different experience, it doesn't really provide anymore convenience than typing on a regular keyboard.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice