Just saw the iphone 6 plus in person..

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I went through threads on here and kept seeing people talk about how they ordered or wanted a 6 plus until they saw it in person,and I was like what lol why would that change your mind? but when I saw it for the first time yesterday I was like um yeah...I'll be joining the "wanted the plus until I saw it in person" club

I'll join that club. Went to Best Buy yesterday and saw the 6+ in person and changed my mind on the spot. It's a bit too much....aside from pocket ability being a factor.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'll join that club. Went to Best Buy yesterday and saw the 6+ in person and changed my mind on the spot. It's a bit too much....aside from pocket ability being a factor.

Exactly,it was an automatic change of mind for me. It's so long I hated it

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted the 6 plus. After going to see them in person( for a short period of time, def need a second look) I am disappointed. The plus is too big and 6 is too small. I want a 5" screen on an iPhone with a little smaller bezel. Now I understand why Apple went with 4.7. I am sure there are plenty of people that think 4.7 is too big. Now I love iOS and I am so tied into Apple ecosystem I would not be happy with an android. But man the lg G3 has a 5.5" screen and the phone seems so much smaller. If the plus was that size I would be all over it! Now I am just confused on what to do. Give me a lg G3 sized iphone darn it! Haha. Does anyy else feel this way?

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted the 6 plus. After going to see them in person( for a short period of time, def need a second look) I am disappointed. The plus is too big and 6 is too small. I want a 5" screen on an iPhone with a little smaller bezel. Now I understand why Apple went with 4.7. I am sure there are plenty of people that think 4.7 is too big. Now I love iOS and I am so tied into Apple ecosystem I would not be happy with an android. But man the lg G3 has a 5.5" screen and the phone seems so much smaller. If the plus was that size I would be all over it! Now I am just confused on what to do. Give me a lg G3 sized iphone darn it! Haha. Does anyy else feel this way?

I agree the bezels are a bit much. I know with the home button they will never be super thin but I think they could still shave a couple of mm here or there. Of course the 6s will keep the same form factor so the soonest we could hope for smaller bezels would be iphone 7. I do admire the G3 with its small bezels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bshark5150

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Seems like apple can't please anyone. Plus too big? The 6 too small? Sheesh. Try another brand bro. Let's enjoy the new realeases and be happy.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
It's quite big and tall, I didn't like at all so I am really surprised how can Apple sell their stock in a short period of time, unbelievable

Because everyone else shares your taste and opinions?

The 6 plus is big. But awesome. It's not a phone for everyone. For some it's going to be too big. For some the 6 will be too small. Let's be glad that we have a choice other than black or white now for those who want a bigger or a smaller screen

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
For those who want a mini-tablet and a phone and have one device the 6+ could be a great choice. Also those who want to see things bigger, maybe eye issues? What about all those 6' 5" people who can palm a pumpkin, may be a good fit. Good thing about life, many choices. How can we judge others and their wants.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Since I use my phone mostly two handed and I play a lot of video and media, I'm thinking maybe I should have gone with the plus. I'm not sure if the 6 screen size will feel like that much of a step up

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If you read my post between being so deep in Apple ecosystem and my entire family using iOS it doesn't make sense for me to switch. I get Apple can't please everyone. In opinion a 5" and up phone needs a smaller bezel. Having said that I will more and likely get the 6 and hope for my dream iphone with 7. But you jumping all over me for me saying I would like to see a 5" screen with smaller bezel makes me wonder why you feel the need to defend Apple right away? Just stating what I would like to see. Settle down "bro".

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Because everyone else shares your taste and opinions?

The 6 plus is big. But awesome. It's not a phone for everyone. For some it's going to be too big. For some the 6 will be too small. Let's be glad that we have a choice other than black or white now for those who want a bigger or a smaller screen
Choice is awesome! I am sure Apple had their reasons to leave bezel where they did. But if they would have been able to cut that it half and shorten up the phones would have been awesome. Could have had a smaller 5.5" phablet and could have went to a 5" screen and kept close to the same size of iphone 6. Just saying that's what I would have liked. But I will still be purchasing more an likely an iPhone 6. The 5.5" screen on the plus looks awesome though!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Canceling my pre order for it & re sending back all my cases lol that thing is like a brick. I'm definitely getting a 6 now, holy crap. and I won't be waiting for any bs shipping dates either I'm heading to stores first thing tomorrow morning

I can't say the same. When I saw it in the store, it just confirmed that my iPhone 6 plus is exactly what I want.

sox8104

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I was researching dimensions since the keynote and being 6'7 I have big hands and once owned the gnote 2 for 3 months and while laying in bed or researching games in the bathroom it was fine, but the giant screens aren't practical for me as a daily driver. after gnote I swore to myself nothing the size of gnote again. I can only imagine how many returns there will be within that 14 day window for the smaller version. extremely happy with 6!

for the curious
i6plus- 6.22x3.06

i6- 5.44x2.64

i5s- 4.87x2.31

lg g3- 5.76x2.94 also 5.5 screen same as 6 plus

gnote 2- 5.94x3.17 gnote 2 had a 5.5 screen that's why im using that as a reference

gotta love the numbers they never lie and any phone over 6 inches tall is just crazy

also for those wondering the 2013 moto x had a 4.7 inch screen same as i6

moto x 5.09x2.57

Last edited:

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the same situation. I preordered the 6+ but did not get it on Friday. My buddy that works for Foxconn kept pushing to see the plus first before making my mind. I finally went to best buy that night to see what the fuss is about. My immediate reaction upon seeing it was not good. I had no idea how big it was! I canceled my preorder on the spot and went home with a 6 instead. I even compared their screen resokution and ppi and could not tell a difference. Both screens are great. I'm happy with my 6. Att screwing up my preorder and not getting it 9/19 was a blessing!

Issa-7

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
ip6 + for me,5s is too small,the 6 is too small,i saw it in person and im glad i ordered the plus. but everyone dont have the same needs.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
if its too big for my pockets (doubt it but if it is) I'll buy a hoster. if I have to use two hands, I'll deal with it. I can't hardly read the iphone 5S screen its too small. some apps won't let you zoom in either, and apples zoom feature is clunky. less so with iOS 8, but still annoying. I've played with androids and love the big screens. I can actually read them without squinting and straining. It's the one factor that made me consider switching. now I'll have the best of both worlds. an apple phone that I can read. that makes the other issues like pocketability moot to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative