I was in the store earlier today checking them out as I have a plus on order and I think I am going to switch to the regular 6 as well...my hands are pretty large, I was able to use the plus with one hand pretty easily, texting was not as hard as everyone said, its just the size of the device, its just a tad bit TOO large, I think I will feel awkward holding that thing to my head to talk on it let alone having it in my pocket and I doubt it will fit the cup holders of either of my cars...
    Not to mention I have a 2 month wait for the plus...
    I keep telling my self the bigger battery and 1080 screen is worth it...but is it really?
    That's another why I just got the 6. I wasn't wanting to wait til November for a new phone since my currently one was literally on its last legs
    09-22-2014 04:03 PM
    Love huge smartphones.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.
    09-23-2014 11:45 PM
    I knew people ( especially non tech geeks that always get new iPhones simply because "it's an iPhone so it's the best" even though they don't know why and have never had any other device) would want the 6 plus just because it's the "better one" not realizing that a 5.5 inch phone is a surfboard even without apples ginormous chin and forehead bezels.

Like I know it's good that Apple is giving people a choice and that they are offering people bigger phones but I'd guess that 85% or even more of iPhone users don't really know ish about phones. I know that some people hated how Apple only gave one screen size and that and that 4 inches was small but I think the the size worked better for most average iPhone users and/or was what they wanted. However I feel like most people (the people that don't frequent sites like iMore lol) who just blindly buy iPhones because "it's Apple so it's the best" don't know what they want because they don't care enough to actually see what else is out there. So now they just see the 6 plus as the "more expensive/better iPhone" so they'll get that when there's only a very niche amount of consumers who actually prefer phablets.

/end rant

PS I have smaller than average hands but I can't be the only person thinks the iPhone 6 design with a 4 inch screen would be the best thing ever.

Tl;dr - I knew people would buy the 6 plus without realizing that it's effing HUUUGE!
    Last edited by JobSteves; 09-24-2014 at 02:39 AM.
    09-24-2014 02:23 AM
    Why do you assume that people who buy iPhones aren't educated about smartphones in general and cannot discern what is the best device for them? I feel like I have a good handle on what smartphones can do and I buy an iPhone every year and believe that the 6 plus I have coming in the mail a couple of months from now is indeed the best phone on the market.

mike1280 and lavonda like this.
    09-24-2014 11:39 AM
    Why do you assume that people who buy iPhones aren't educated about smartphones in general and cannot discern what is the best device for them? I feel like I have a good handle on what smartphones can do and I buy an iPhone every year and believe that the 6 plus I have coming in the mail a couple of months from now is indeed the best phone on the market.

Yeah that always gets me. I've owned every platform and even the OnePlus One but apparently because iPhone works best for me I'm some smartphone *****.

It's so arrogant.
    leathernuts#WP likes this.
    09-24-2014 10:45 PM
    You have to ask yourself what matters - battery , 1080p screen , landscape mode etc ....
    If so the plus should be considered .

I look at the 6 as ho hum just another iPhone and honestly on the small side - still .
    With an inferior screen to many many phones on the market today.
    Even the blackberry passport is1080p.

However if you want a new experience from apple which lets be honest has become tiresome in their outdated OS rollout then the Plus is your phone .
    It's unlike anything we've seen from the company .
    When I held the note 4 the only thing I said was I wish this was apple.

Well....
    09-25-2014 09:05 AM
    Yeah that always gets me. I've owned every platform and even the OnePlus One but apparently because iPhone works best for me I'm some smartphone *****.

It's so arrogant.
    LOL so true. If your not on Android,then you must be a zombie. I've owned several android and like them as well. I even have an interest in the note 4, but I always come back to an iPhone. I guess you just can't educate stupid lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    09-25-2014 12:15 PM
    LOL so true. If your not on Android,then you must be a zombie. I've owned several android and like them as well. I even have an interest in the note 4, but I always come back to an iPhone. I guess you just can't educate stupid lol

I have also had an interest in the Note 4. But I am going wait patiently for my iPhone 6 plus because I know that it will fit my needs better. But I'm still interested in new tech especially the Note series.

09-25-2014 12:32 PM
    Yeah don't know what it is about a stylus lol. Actually I wish apple would have implemented a stylus into the plus. Can you imagine the things they'd come with and the cool features an apple stylus would do? I guess the whole stylus thing goes back to my treo days.

09-25-2014 12:49 PM
    Yeah don't know what it is about a stylus lol. Actually I wish apple would have implemented a stylus into the plus. Can you imagine the things they'd come with and the cool features an apple stylus would do? I guess the whole stylus thing goes back to my treo days.

I really liked the way the Note integrates the stylus into the software. It is really smart. And even though it does present with an entirely different experience, it doesn't really provide anymore convenience than typing on a regular keyboard.

09-25-2014 10:08 PM
    For me it was "well, I can't find a 6+ anywhere but maybe the 6 will be just as good." I couldn't get the 6+ out of my mind and every store I visited I ended up just looking at the 6+ more. I decided to wait. :P
    09-25-2014 11:35 PM

I was talking about non tech people. The people that don't even know anything about phones. Like I know a guy who said the iPhone 5S was the perfect size and his roommate's htc one m7 was too big. A year later he preordered a 6 plus because it was the "better one" and he instantly wishes he'd got the 6 because the 6 plus is, in his words, "******* HUGE". My girlfriend's room mate is just the same. She always makes fun of people with even 5 inch phones and yet she can't decide between the 6 and the plus.

So I know anecdotal evidence doesn't really mean everyone but from what I've seen, a lot of non tech people just believe that whatever Apple makes is the best without even knowing why or what else is even out there.
    09-26-2014 11:37 PM
    I was talking about non tech people. The people that don't even know anything about phones. Like I know a guy who said the iPhone 5S was the perfect size and his roommate's htc one m7 was too big. A year later he preordered a 6 plus because it was the "better one" and he instantly wishes he'd got the 6 because the 6 plus is, in his words, "******* HUGE". My girlfriend's room mate is just the same. She always makes fun of people with even 5 inch phones and yet she can't decide between the 6 and the plus.

So I know anecdotal evidence doesn't really mean everyone but from what I've seen, a lot of non tech people just believe that whatever Apple makes is the best without even knowing why or what else is even out there.
    I think you also have to take into consideration that a lot of consumers
    don't really care much about it either. They probably update every
    two or three years and just go with what they know. I do that with a lot
    of things. Just not smartphones because I have an interest. I golf every
    other week. And am a decent golfer. I buy TaylorMade drivers and
    fairway woods about every two or three years. Not that I know that
    they are the best, but I have had good experiences with them and
    don't feel the need to switch to another brand. To me they are the
    best, but I don't really know that for sure. I would imagine the "average"
    smartphone user may operate in the same manner.

09-27-2014 09:22 AM
63 123