I have an 802.11n Belkin router and my iPad Air, Apple TV, and iPhone 5 all work exceptionally well in wifi but my iPhone 6 can connect to most things in wifi unless it is streaming something like a video or downloading even an app update.

I just bought this router about 6 months ago but do you thank is my problem? The phone streams great on the wifi like at coffee shops just not at home but everything else still works fine. I even did the "nuclear" option of re-installing the software and setting up as a new iPhone.

Thoughts?
    09-20-2014 06:26 PM
    Have you reset the router? Any firmware updates for the router?
    09-20-2014 07:03 PM
    Also you can try resting the network settings on the phone, the only thing you will have to do is re-add your wifi networks.
    09-20-2014 07:04 PM
    I'm also having wifi issues. My 6 will find and connect to my Netgear wireless, only to drop it as soon as I walk outside. The only way to reconnect is to do a hard reset of the phone. Any thoughts...should I delete the wifi from my phone and add again?

Thanks!!
    09-20-2014 08:42 PM
    Glad I found this. I'm having the same issues. My iPad, sons mini and others iPhones (5 & 5s) are running fine on my wifi connection. My ip6 will barely get 1mb of download speeds. Sometimes it's .06 mb. The Verizon tech thought I didn't know how to read lol. Anyways, I reset, and the phone has decent speeds again like up to 30 mb. Then after a bit it drops. I tried resetting the networks, nothing and went ahead and wiped last night to set up as a new phone. Woke up this morning and doing the same thing.
    09-21-2014 10:17 AM
    When you say "reset" is that the router or the phone settings the first time when it worked?
    09-21-2014 10:31 AM
    Sorry. Actually did both. The funny thing is I thought it was the router at first. So they're sending me a new router. After the phone call, I decided to grab the other devices and see what speeds they showed and that's when I realized it was my phone. I thought it was weird no one else was complaining about the wifi
    09-21-2014 10:33 AM
    Had the same issue. Has to do with the new ac with radio. I turned off 2.4ghz frequency in my router and just use 5. Everything is working fine now.
    09-21-2014 10:51 AM
    Had the same issue. Has to do with the new ac with radio. I turned off 2.4ghz frequency in my router and just use 5. Everything is working fine now.
    How do I do that?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    09-21-2014 01:38 PM
    I am glad I am not the only one then! How do you change the frequency of the router? And can then all my other devices work at the 5ghz frequency?

Thanks for the help!
    09-21-2014 04:12 PM
    The first thing iPhone 6 users will want to do is reset network settings. This is an extremely easy process though it could take a couple of minutes to complete. So, users will want to set aside some time to ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible. To do this, open up the iPhone 6 and head to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    iPhone 6 users will need the passcode and again, a few minutes of time because the phone is going to reboot itself to complete the changes. iPhone 6 users will also want to track down commonly used Wi-Fi passwords because this process will force users to enter them.
    If that doesn’t fix things, users can also try turning off Wi-Fi Networking. To do that, head to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. After performing these two steps, iPhone 6 owners will want to reboot the phone. Once it’s rebooted, there’s a chance, again a chance, that Wi-Fi will be working normally again.
    02-20-2015 03:11 AM
    I've tried both of those things. It doesn't work. I've also done a complete reset on my iPhone and it's still happening. It's am iOS problem and I'm heading over to apples website right now to see what they are doing about it. But I wouldn't do all of those little tricks everyone on the Internet is suggesting because I did every one of them and it still didn't work.
    06-21-2015 06:28 PM