Basically this was how my line experience was minus the police arresting people. There were tons of Chinese people there, being paid to stand in line and buy 2 iPhone 6+ models each. By the time the Apple Store employees got to where my group was, there were hardly any 6+ models left, and we were within the first 70 people.

The guy who was the leader of the whole operation was there, pacing back and forth through the line all night. Last year he was in Cali doing the same thing, and he was shut down by Apple themselves.

My group and I had about 30 people cut in ahead of us, and all of them were hired by that guy. This video sums it up though: No excitement, everyone buying 2 6+ phones, and immediately selling them to the guy.

Hopefully next year the line will be different
    09-20-2014 11:36 AM
    wow....people are just......damn....
    kch50428 likes this.
    09-20-2014 12:13 PM
    I have always wished that there were a way to enforce not just the two per person limit but to make them all personal purchases not resellers. A lot of people around me even those getting just one phone for themselves, got a second phone to try their luck on CL or eBay. And I'm sure some of the 60ish people in front of me were pure resellers as well. Maybe Apple could force the boxes to be opened and lines activated in store at least during opening day/week when there is a shortage.
    Flow39 and kataran like this.
    09-20-2014 12:20 PM
    I have always wished that there were a way to enforce not just the two per person limit but to make them all personal purchases not resellers. A lot of people around me even those getting just one phone for themselves, got a second phone to try their luck on CL or eBay. And I'm sure some of the 60ish people in front of me were pure resellers as well. Maybe Apple could force the boxes to be opened and lines activated in store at least during opening day/week when there is a shortage.
    I wish they'd do this as well. They ran out of 6+ models 1 person after me, and one person in my group didn't get a 6+ because they ran out. Doing what you said would be a great way to cut down on this type of stuff.
    09-20-2014 12:38 PM
    Crazy and sad
    09-20-2014 01:02 PM
    There are always crappy people to ruin things for us.
    09-20-2014 01:05 PM
    Wow that was intense.
    09-20-2014 01:11 PM
    wow....people are just......damn....
    Yep. No words.
    09-20-2014 01:48 PM
    Back in the day, that was the case. You had to open it and activate it IN the store. Ok, except for the original launch when there the whole AT&T/Apple activation FUBAR thing. I am positive that I had to active my iPhone 4 in the Apple store before I could leave. *sigh*
    09-20-2014 01:51 PM
    Resellers be killing it for everyone. But the sad part is someone out there in the world is willing to pay $1,000+ for the device

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    09-20-2014 02:01 PM
    Verizon does not sell without the device being activated on a line under contract...
    09-20-2014 02:05 PM
    Back in the day, that was the case. You had to open it and activate it IN the store. Ok, except for the original launch when there the whole AT&T/Apple activation FUBAR thing. I am positive that I had to active my iPhone 4 in the Apple store before I could leave. *sigh*
    I HAD to activate my iPhone 6 in the Apple store yesterday (Akron Ohio) before we could complete the transaction. There was another guy at my same table that was buying 2, one for himself and one for his brother (new line, but wanted to leave the box sealed until his birthday). The Apple employee made sure that the second line was in fact activated prior to selling him the unopened 6+. From what I saw, no one was leaving the store without the phone being activated. That being said, I did not witness every transaction. Apple should require the phones to be activated prior to leaving the store...that way everyone waiting, or preordering, would have a shot at the device that they want.
    09-20-2014 02:16 PM
    I swear, people who are getting arrested are so stupid when they resist arrest and don't realize how much worse they're making it for themselves. If the officer has a probable cause to arrest you, especially in a public place where there are plenty of witnesses, don't resist arrest.

And that person saying "unless you wanna die, so stop doing it" sounded like the female version of myself lol
    09-20-2014 02:19 PM
    Just checked eBay and the i6 16GB are going from around 750 to 900 dollars with a lot of bids.

The i6+ is over a thousand dollars with a lot of activity

I'm a fan of Ebay but it does lead to this type of retail Robbery
    09-20-2014 04:09 PM
    I saw this crap last year with the iPhone 5S. It really pissed me off but what could I do. That's why this year I pre-ordered my iP6 shipped to my house. I truly think Apple screwed up with not allowing pre-orders last year.

I agree that the phone should be activated before leaving the store.human nature and greed, that's what it is.
    09-20-2014 04:17 PM