What are your first impressions regarding battery life on the iPhone 6??

Bmichael78

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been horrible. Just did a reset and restore through iTunes. Fully charged and hopefully going to see an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting great battery life compared to my 5. In the defense of my 5, it had one of the defective batteries. So once i got that replaced by Apple i saw better battery life, but the 6 is holding up better at the moment. I am on WiFi for most of the day so i'm sure that helps a lot and i'll be curious to see how it holds up when i'm out during the weekend with no WiFi in sight.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
been using mine heavily since launch day and I'm happy with it. yesterday I started out at 6am, Bluetooth streamed a podcast during my commute, medium/heavy use during the day at work, more streaming on the way home. went for a 90 minute walk and listened to locally stored music. more social networking and email before bed. 19% left at 11pm.

Can't complain.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The same test was applied on the Iphone and Iphone 5s 6

A script of web browsing was used until the battery dies

If the difference in this test was only 20 minutes

The apple site shows that the battery is better Iphone 6 in 1 hour "at most" than iPhone 5s

How can the battery be much better as you guys are talking about?

The IPhone 6 Can how many hours of screen only 3G / 4G?

The Battery IPhone 6 is the worst compared to all Smartphones TOP 2014.

That is the reality.

Yeah, guys and gals! Quit hacking iOS to show great battery life! Rapha194 showed the definitive battery rankings! *rolls eyes*

Last edited:

rapha194

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Never had a problem with battery using wifi with iphone 5 / 5s

The problem was in 3G / 4G. Most pictures posted here are of use in WIFI.

Another thing I noticed in iphones 5 / 5s is that when the battery is in the last 40% it drops very fast.

This did not happen with the bike G!

If someone can post screen time using only 3G / 4G I appreciate it.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm really happy with the battery so far but it's hard for me to judge considering my iPhone 5 was one of the ones with faulty battery. I was used to going from 100% to zero in a couple of hours (even faster off of wifi) so the iPhone 6 battery is like a dream come true, haha.

Exactly the same for me,My 5 would go from 100% to 22% in a matter of two hours. In two hours my 6 goes from 100% to only 91% in two hours even with heavy usage.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just finished doing my first full test, and I was pleasantly surprised. I went 11 hours and 56 minutes without charging once, and I still had about 5% battery left. This was with normal usage of Facebook, IG, Twitter, iMore, bluetooth headphones streaming music at the gym and at night, Battle Run gaming, and push emails from my job.

I did notice "Motion Calibration" kept my GPS locations icon on throughout the entire time. I'm assuming this is an iOS 8 glitch, so I plan to fully charge it and turn that off and try it again. I can assume it will go up a bit more.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Base your views on the battery on threads like this. Go to iMore and read all the posts about battery life. Go to Android Central and do the same. Don't base your decision on reviews that use a SINGLE phone to judge the battery life at all. Look at the ensemble.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How can anyone tell about battery life of the 6, when there's also a new OS. If it's better or worse, is it from the 6, or iOS 8? I'm still on my iP 5. iOS 8 has not made a difference I can tell. But that may not be the case with the 6. There's nothing to compare to, other than a different phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh I've had terrible battery life today.
(look at usage....hehehehehe...been in it almost nonstop since I left my car this morning)
View attachment 65833

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Am i the only one that see's the biggest drop from Email? I have 3 accounts
2 are set to fetch (1h) and 1 is manual. What email settings do you guys have?

bl.PNG