What are your first impressions regarding battery life on the iPhone 6??

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday I exchanged my space grey iPhone 6 for silver, I drained the battery to dead, and charged overnight. Today was a great test for me because I had a good amount of use at work as well as leisurely use. I've been on various social networks for various periods of time, I've surfed Reddit, played some games, let my son play his games, watch videos on YouTube, take some notes, a couple pictures/video, used a couple apps, casual safari browsing, took a couple calls, plenty of messaging. Not once during the day did I halt usage due to concern of battery life, I just went on doing whatever I wanted to do. Here are my results (so far), my phone has not touched a charger since 8am or so, it's now 9:19pm and I have 20% left. I am really happy with the outcome, it's very comforting because the level of use today was average for me if not more so. Yay iPhone 6 battery life! ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411521731.958517.jpg

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery Iphone Iphone 6 and 6 Plus is crap

Battery testing done by PhoneArena prove this Site.

Those who are getting a range of splendid battery, are on the placebo effect.

Apple offers on its website that the official data iphone 6 offers a battery life of "up to a maximum of" 1 hour to more than Iphone 5s.

Now the wait is Anandtech and GSMArena and prove the truth about battery Iphone Iphone 6 and 6 Plus.

Apple should prioritize the battery and not the thickness of the phone.

Thank you.

View attachment 65646

That bar graph must be a lie. My brother and a girl at work have the s5 and it's no were near the battery life my phone is.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
That bar graph must be a lie. My brother and a girl at work have the s5 and it's no were near the battery life my phone is.

I'm looking forward to Anadtech's full review but in its preliminary testing, iphone 6 plus and iphone 6 did better than all the main android flagships when it comes to battery life for web browsing over wifi (only battery test they have released so far):
http://anandtech.com/show/8559/iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-preliminary-results

I have own the Nexus 5, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5, and LG G3 and I can say that without a doubt based on my usage, both my iPhone 5s and now my iPhone 6 beat all of those phones in battery life. I am also one of those people that get confused when people complain about iphone battery life because I have always gotten excellent battery life from iPhones.

On a separate note, I also think that both my iPhone 5s and iphone 6 cameras take better pictures than I did with those phones.

I'm not a blind iphone fan. I try different phones all the time and not for short period of times and I always end up back with my iPhone because of app quality, OS fluidity, battery life, and camera. Everything just works well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to Anadtech's full review but in its preliminary testing, iphone 6 plus and iphone 6 did better than all the main android flagships when it comes to battery life for web browsing over wifi (only battery test they have released so far):
http://anandtech.com/show/8559/iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-preliminary-results

I have own the Nexus 5, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5, and LG G3 and I can say that without a doubt based on my usage, both my iPhone 5s and now my iPhone 6 beat all of those phones in battery life. I am also one of those people that get confused when people complain about iphone battery life because I have always gotten excellent battery life from iPhones.

On a separate note, I also think that both my iPhone 5s and iphone 6 cameras take better pictures than I did with those phones.

I'm not a blind iphone fan. I try different phones all the time and not for short period of times and I always end up back with my iPhone because of app quality, OS fluidity, battery life, and camera. Everything just works well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel the exact same way. I have owned many android phones and all iPhones since the 4. I found the notes to get decent battery life on a fresh android install but they don't hold up well over time. My iPhone's have always provided great battery life for there size.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
So far I am really impressed with the battery I am getting on my iPhone 6. After the first day when Spotlight was indexing was over, things seem to be great. I am using it moderately and I'm able to charge every other day.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Pretty happy so far... Once I stop messing with it every 5 minutes I'm sure it will get even better lol...

a09ef91eb629ec59cf7dfcb12be92232.jpg

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Here's mine after first full overnight charge. On wifi for probably 2/3's of the time. Came out of the box with about 80% battery. Ran it down to 0 during setup then full charged. I don't have any apps using background refresh or location yet.

iPhone 6

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411616316.978038.jpg

Noah Evans

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help me understand what the "usage" term means? is that the same as screen on time? Or would that number grow if the phone is playing music or syncing email with the screen off? I apologize if this question has been asked before but I have been searching for a while and have found nothing.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So looks like rough average time is about 8hrs usage (probably heavy usage until the newness wears off a bit ;) ).

Also - anyone notice that the "standby" time is basically the total time.

My stats above for instance was for taking the phone off the charger at 8am and took the screenshot at 11:15pm. Standby time was 15hrs 15min - which is that same as the total time between 8am and 11:15pm. My total time off charge was not the sum of usage and standby.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
As asked above, what does "usage" mean exactly? Screen on time? If I stream music with my screen off is that counted as usage?

Usage includes all uses regardless of whether the screen is on or off. If you are calling someone or listening to music, it will count towards it.

rapha194

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
My Opinion About Battery phones on 3G / 4G

4 hours of screen = BAD
5 hours of screen = Media
6 hours of screen = GOOD
7 + hours of screen = Great

Iphone 6 Plus has a solid battery but Iphone has 6!

Good phone battery has to be good in 3G / 4G. In wifi is easy to be good!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner