Screen Protectors problems with IP6

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with invisible shield, doesn't cover a lot of the front and it wasn't cut right, it covers the front camera. Never had this issue before. It's going back to Best buy.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen Crystal on the way and a Zagg glass on the way, but in the meantime just have the basic power support non-glare to get me through. I do not care for how much is left unprotected on the sides, or all the huge cutouts.

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Zagg Tempered Invisible Shield, and it's barely big enough to cover the screen. Kind of annoying honestly, I'll be replacing it as soon as something better in available.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Zagg Tempered Invisible Shield, and it's barely big enough to cover the screen. Kind of annoying honestly, I'll be replacing it as soon as something better in available.
I had to order a replacement one that says it will take a bit to get here. Wonder if the size will be adjusted now that the phone is out? I'll compare when it gets here.

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Verizon tempered glass and while the it feels great and no responsiveness is diminished, it just isn't playing well with my Otter Xbox Commuter Case. It's causing the edges to raise up. I think I'm going to roll sans screen protector and just rely on the Otter Box.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Verizon tempered glass and while the it feels great and no responsiveness is diminished, it just isn't playing well with my Otter Xbox Commuter Case. It's causing the edges to raise up. I think I'm going to roll sans screen protector and just rely on the Otter Box.

The Commuter is out??

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The Commuter is out??

Yes. Just got it at the Verizon store also. Very slim. Love it. But the rubber around the screen really presses on the glass and pushes the edges up. It's a shame. I just found out Otter Box makes their own tempered glass screen protector designed to fit with their cases. So maybe I will return this one and try theirs.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Just got it at the Verizon store also. Very slim. Love it. But the rubber around the screen really presses on the glass and pushes the edges up. It's a shame. I just found out Otter Box makes their own tempered glass screen protector designed to fit with their cases. So maybe I will return this one and try theirs.

Oh man looks like I'll be going to Verizon tomorrow. Love that case on my iPhone 5 at times ... This one looks even better.

How long have you had the Verizon tempered glass on? Wondering if the adhesive gets stronger over time. Waiting on the replacement Zagg to come though may just return it for a regular non-glass protector.

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh man looks like I'll be going to Verizon tomorrow. Love that case on my iPhone 5 at times ... This one looks even better.

How long have you had the Verizon tempered glass on? Wondering if the adhesive gets stronger over time. Waiting on the replacement Zagg to come though may just return it for a regular non-glass protector.

Had it all but a few hours before the screen protector just started to get worse and worse. Pulling it out of my pocket and such wasn't helping it. I just had to rip it off :-( The store rep said the bubbles would leave after a few days so I guess the adhesive gets better provided noting is pushing it around like my case was. Let me get a shot for you all with the Commuter on the phone.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Im definitely gonna checkout gadget guard black ice. They are awesome and anything has to fit better than the zagg glass. I barely covers. Horrible design

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Had it all but a few hours before the screen protector just started to get worse and worse. Pulling it out of my pocket and such wasn't helping it. I just had to rip it off :-( The store rep said the bubbles would leave after a few days so I guess the adhesive gets better provided noting is pushing it around like my case was. Let me get a shot for you all with the Commuter on the phone.

I don't think they leave on this model with the curved glass. Previous iPhones yes. Was told the same thing but no luck. Installed a second one and the part that isn't fully adhered is in a spot I don't see as much as the first time. :)

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they leave on this model with the curved glass. Previous iPhones yes. Was told the same thing but no luck. Installed a second one and the part that isn't fully adhered is in a spot I don't see as much as the first time. :)

Then there is hope! I do like the idea of a glass protector over a plastic film one.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Mine doesn't do that now. At first it did but I fixed itself I guess.

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Zagg Glass "case friendly" on my 6 as well. It doesn't cover the entire screen either. I thought it was user error in my part after the first, but had best buy install a replacement and got the same results. I guess it has to do with the curved glass on this new design. Or it being "case friendly".

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Then there is hope! I do like the idea of a glass protector over a plastic film one.
Not quite what I meant. The first one that was put on had a spot at the top right of the phone that wasn't sticking well. Now it's at the bottom left, which is much less noticeable to me when using the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox