IPhone 6: reviews and first impressions

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
So far after a week I'm very impressed. Every aspect of the phone is a upgrade over my 5s. The screen,battery,speaker is way better,and I'm finally used to the size. At first it was kinda tough with the i6. Camera is awesome also. Couldn't be happier.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I love the regular 6. Size is good and battery life is great. I'm going on 12 hours of usage. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411827217.786041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using the uncarrier

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the battery life, but the phone functions have never improved for me at all, still awkward and difficult to find people in my phone book. Same goes for the 'now-stale' app drawer system...And lackluster notification system.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the battery life, but the phone functions have never improved for me at all, still awkward and difficult to find people in my phone book. Same goes for the 'now-stale' app drawer system...And lackluster notification system.

What's so hard about finding people in your address book?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Loving my new 6,,,, sure did take Apple a long time to kinda catch up to Samsung though in terms screen size,,,, thats why I stopped owning iPhones ,,, that tiny 4" screen size was a joke.
The 6 is perfect,,, not to big, not to small.
Although I do kinda miss my Galaxy S5 and Note 3 just a tad,,,,, I'm guna just stay away from the stores when the Note 4 comes out on Oct 10th,,,, the temptation will just be to unbearable:)
Cheers
Davyo

thatuxguy

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Loving my iPhone 6 (silver, 128gb)!! Moving from the 5s was pretty simple, and while not a massive update well worth it imho!

This has to be the best iPhone ever released! The 4.7" screen feels so right.

One thing I'd like to have seen in a proper bump in MP for the camera, it's good, but would be nice to have the cropping options other devices have.

Otherwise no complaints yet, battery - great, os - great, size - perfect!

tajaz11

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have to say, I am immensely happy with this latest version of the iPhone. It is very slick and the new touch screen has a seamless integration to the back shell. When you sweep left or right and your finger slides off the side it feels natural as it seems as there is a slope is slides off of. On the previous iphone iterations, it was a drastic drop-off. I know it sounds funny and a little picky, but we buy Apple for the small things, don't we? Try it out for yourself and let me know if you agree.

Also, it feels different while typing or touching apps in the screen, there is a soft quilt feeling as you touch, tap, slide. Again, picky, yet I feel that I am paying a premium for Apple products, so I should be comfortable using the phone in every way possible.

The wifi is a lot stronger in the new phone, as I have tested it side by side with my mini w/ retina screen. It has a stronger signal which is nice. I live in a 3200 square foot home, but my house is a big L shape, our router sets in our bedroom at one end and it is nice having full signal in the Honey Comb hide-out (our teenagers name for the garage, that is where we hang out with our friends and they drink and smoke. My wife and I do neither). Anyway, I digress.

The most appreciated new feature has to be the reach helper(when you tap, tap, the home button and it cuts the screen in half, so you can touch it. It helps my wife out immensely as she has small hands and it even works for me. The "ONLY" reason I upgraded to the iPhone 6 is because it had this feature. I will only use a phone that I can use with one hand. That is very important to me, as I loved the iPhone 5S and it has been my favorite iPhone, as long as they have been with Sprint(I believe the iPhone 4 or 4S was the first).

At first it seemed that I had to think to push it every time, but after maybe 3 or 4 days it has become seamless and I do not even think when I push it. I am on a page or email, there is a button, word, etc, that I need to push at the top and then tap, tap, it cuts down the screen and bam there is is within thumbs reach. I mind you with my hands I can touch anywhere with one hand, but I have to strain or have the phone in just the right position, so this is a must have feature.

Sorry this review is so long and it doesn't have the usual suspects of a review, I just believe it is the small things that make Apple the phone and ecosystem of choice for my family and myself. All three of our children have iPhone 5s phones and they are already clamor in for the 6 or 6 plus.

Hope you ladies and gents enjoy these new iterations as much as we are at this point. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer to the best of my ability. Good evening, folks.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, I am immensely happy with this latest version of the iPhone. It is very slick and the new touch screen has a seamless integration to the back shell. When you sweep left or right and your finger slides off the side it feels natural as it seems as there is a slope is slides off of. On the previous iphone iterations, it was a drastic drop-off. I know it sounds funny and a little picky, but we buy Apple for the small things, don't we? Try it out for yourself and let me know if you agree.

Also, it feels different while typing or touching apps in the screen, there is a soft quilt feeling as you touch, tap, slide. Again, picky, yet I feel that I am paying a premium for Apple products, so I should be comfortable using the phone in every way possible.

The wifi is a lot stronger in the new phone, as I have tested it side by side with my mini w/ retina screen. It has a stronger signal which is nice. I live in a 3200 square foot home, but my house is a big L shape, our router sets in our bedroom at one end and it is nice having full signal in the Honey Comb hide-out (our teenagers name for the garage, that is where we hang out with our friends and they drink and smoke. My wife and I do neither). Anyway, I digress.

The most appreciated new feature has to be the reach helper(when you tap, tap, the home button and it cuts the screen in half, so you can touch it. It helps my wife out immensely as she has small hands and it even works for me. The "ONLY" reason I upgraded to the iPhone 6 is because it had this feature. I will only use a phone that I can use with one hand. That is very important to me, as I loved the iPhone 5S and it has been my favorite iPhone, as long as they have been with Sprint(I believe the iPhone 4 or 4S was the first).

At first it seemed that I had to think to push it every time, but after maybe 3 or 4 days it has become seamless and I do not even think when I push it. I am on a page or email, there is a button, word, etc, that I need to push at the top and then tap, tap, it cuts down the screen and bam there is is within thumbs reach. I mind you with my hands I can touch anywhere with one hand, but I have to strain or have the phone in just the right position, so this is a must have feature.

Sorry this review is so long and it doesn't have the usual suspects of a review, I just believe it is the small things that make Apple the phone and ecosystem of choice for my family and myself. All three of our children have iPhone 5s phones and they are already clamor in for the 6 or 6 plus.

Hope you ladies and gents enjoy these new iterations as much as we are at this point. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer to the best of my ability. Good evening, folks.

Reach helper? Do you have to turn that on into settings?

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I feel little dizziness and nausea while using iphone 6, anybody facing same problem?

I dunno, is it because you're so excited about having one??

Kidding Do you think it could be all of the animations going on? Zooming in and out of apps etc. it is possible to change this, if it's the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Actually while using my iphone 6 continously for 3 hours with head down then i felt this but i never faced this situation while using 5s, the sudden change in screen size from 4-4.7'' shaking my eyes so i feel like i should stop using right there?

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Actually while using my iphone 6 continously for 3 hours with head down then i felt this but i never faced this situation while using 5s, the sudden change in screen size from 4-4.7'' shaking my eyes so i feel like i should stop using right there?

You shouldn't stare at any screen for that long without taking a break, anyway! But let's be honest, who takes breaks? Especially when we have a new toy to play with...

Yeah, it could be that extra screen size. Maybe just break up the usage a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox