IPhone 6: reviews and first impressions

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I like it. It's WAY too big, but I think I'll adjust. I wish that I could adjust the size of the icons and stuff to be smaller, but no dice.

I HATE the power button on the side. Like, absolutely irrationally despise it.

My battery life is spectacular.

I think iOS8 needs an update already so that there's better stability. Messages seems to crash a lot, and I've had a few apps freak out.

Haven't done a lot of playing with the camera, etc., just due to time.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the hatred for the side power button is mostly for Plus users?? I actually really like the placement of the power button on the 6. More than on my 5.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the hatred for the side power button is mostly for Plus users?? I actually really like the placement of the power button on the 6. More than on my 5.

I have the 6 and it drives me insane.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't hate it on the Plus. It is taking some getting used to but I have six years of muscle memory to overcome. It seems most awkward when trying to take a screen shot.

It's funny how we get use to things, find myself reaching for the top. But really can't say I hate it on the side.

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I was ready for a new phone but not that excited from the launch info. After getting the 6, however, I am surprised at how much I like this phone. The larger screen is nice but it is also so much brighter, clearer, and, for lack of a better word, intimate. Outside visibility is excellent. Coming from a 5 I am also new to Touch ID -- delightful feature. The feel in hand is great with the round edges and seamless screen. The protruding camera is a non-issue, and the antenna bands actually have a nice retro look. I used iOS 8 beta and enjoy the speedier performance over the 5. Looking forward to Apple Pay. Camera is very good - probably took 100 pics this weekend. That's so important to me. The photos management stuff is a bit of a mess with iOS8 and needs work. Battery life is better than the 5 -- pretty good so far -- but this is an area where I will continue to hope for more. Overall a surprisingly great upgrade.

Last edited:

jMunar

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 6 x 64 GB x Space Gray

First Impressions

Body:
Its bigger and lighter. The phone does feel a bit more slippery in hand with the rounded edges but feels great in your hand. The build quality of the unibody chassis is top notch like all apple products and you definitely need to get used to the relocated "Sleep/Lock Button" if you're coming from an iPhone.

Display:
I love it, the display is amazing. Its crisp and clear and after a few days of use, I was playing around with my old 5 and I can't believe how small the screen felt. The rounded edges of the screen does add to its seamless form factor and it actually feels great when you're swiping left and right.

Camera:
It doesn't look much of an upgrade on paper from the previous camera on the 5/5s but the camera is great! The New Auto Focus and Digital Image Stabilization makes a huge difference in quality of pictures. I do hate how the camera protrudes a bit from the phone but it's actually not that bad, and its obviously negated when you use a case.

Processor:
I feel like I haven't used the phone enough to give a review of the new A8 chip. So far its definitely snappier and more refined than the previous A7 chip.

Battery:
It honestly feels like my previous iPhone 5 when it was brand new. so not much in this catergory

Overall the phone is great so far and it is basically a better iPhone 5/5s with the exception of the size, nothing amazing that you need to buy it right now but if you're due for an upgrade its definitely worth it and everything you would expect from an iPhone.

The new Apply Pay feature coming out next month is something I can't wait to try out and use.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
glad to hear everyone is loving it with no major issues. i've had an iphone since 3GS and recently went to a G3 for the screen and camera....does the camera compare to the big hitters android has? (aka the G3 and S5)

In my opinion, yes. Don't forget that a high quality camera is not exclusively the megapixels. There are also the software and the lens to consider.

Here is my first picture, inside, with light across the room.

View attachment 65615

Outside at dusk.

View attachment 65616

Storm clouds at dusk.

View attachment 65617

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
As with all Apple devices, it just feels right! I've been using iOS8 for a while, but it really is great on this phone. (Love the double tap to bring the screen down feature as well). And this is my first phone with Touch ID. It's great!

Definitely glad I did not get the 6+. Screen size on the 6 is perfect, I don't think I would have like much bigger.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Now I know what everyone was taking about (kind [not close] of like sex). I love my iPhone 6. It is the perfect size. I love IOS. It just works. The people that ***** never tried it or just did it wrong.

A.B.

norulesjustgo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Omg it's so much better than my iPhone 4S 8GB. I got the Space Grey 6 64GB. Before I was, OMG I have no space I gotta be careful what I put on here. Now it's like, I have all this space, what do I put on it? Lol

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
You want the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, I think. They've got clear ones that are semi protective.

If you want protection look at Otterbox or Lifeproof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

Hey you, did you get the 6 or the +? Looking at the + myself.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey you, did you get the 6 or the +? Looking at the + myself.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Hi love!!!! I got the 6. The 6+ is too big for my hands and my jeans. It would have stuck out of the pocket too much for my liking.

Also, I always use Otterbox cases. By the time I'd put a case on the 6+ it would have been unwieldy in my hands.

BUT.I.LOVE my device. You know how I am about phones. THIS is perfect for me.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi love!!!! I got the 6. The 6+ is too big for my hands and my jeans. It would have stuck out of the pocket too much for my liking.

Also, I always use Otterbox cases. By the time I'd put a case on the 6+ it would have been unwieldy in my hands.

BUT.I.LOVE my device. You know how I am about phones. THIS is perfect for me.

Oh cool, I thought after working with a note 2 you'd have chosen the + instead.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh cool, I thought after working with a note 2 you'd have chosen the + instead.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Oh I love my Note 2 from work, but that's a work device. I also love my Lumia 1520 which is bigger, but that's not my primary device.

Because my iPhone is my primary device and my daily driver, I need pocketability. After I held the 6+ I knew I'd picked the right one for me.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh I love my Note 2 from work, but that's a work device. I also love my Lumia 1520 which is bigger, but that's not my primary device.

Because my iPhone is my primary device and my daily driver, I need pocketability. After I held the 6+ I knew I'd picked the right one for me.

The 6 is a awesome device! So glad I chose that over the +. The screen camera is awesome! Battery is good too. Glad your enjoying the i6.

jlank

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered mine today from VZW, hope it doesn't take forever. But 10/21 sounds like a really looooong time!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR