IPhone 6: reviews and first impressions

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the 6 64gb space grey on Vz which is plenty of space for me coming from a 32gb 5s. Had some initial issues with restoring from iTunes but then used my iCloud backup which worked without a problem. The screen size is growing on me. No more squinting like I used to. I like the zoomed display that comes with iOS 8 which helps. Form factor/build quality is excellent as usual from Apple. Still pocketable with a Speck black candy shell case. Tried Otterbox defender. Too big in the pocket. Still not used to the power button on the side. I always keep reaching for the top of the phone. Just took it for a bike ride strapped to my armband and worked well with my Bluetooth wireless earbuds. Overall-an excellent phone!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad your post is so positive. I'm really hoping you don't have any troubles. I know I'm just over the moon with mine.

Well, right now, I am over the moon impressed and happy with the iPhone 6. I was also impressed with the customer service I got to set it up, since Apple had some kind of a crash and Verizon was being dumber than a rock, but man... 3 Apple staffers and 2 Verizon reps staying on the case with the determination of English Bulldogs to get me and my phone off the ground.
Simply awesome.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
How's the battery life with constant browsing? I have 2k battery within Lumia 1020 but battery is dead after four hours of constant browsing.

Mine is very good.
Granted I tweaked the settings a bit to save battery life but starting at 100% yesterday, after browsing, downloading, playing with apps, testing the camera and texting friends non stop by evening I had about 50% left, then I spent time on here, reading and posting for a few hours and went down to about 27%, at which time I finally crashed to sleep (I still hadn't caught up after camping out) and so this morning it's fully charged again, I'll monitor battery usage throughout the day.

I think this will be a charge once per 24 hours with heavy use kind of device which is ok with me.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine is very good.
Granted I tweaked the settings a bit to save battery life but starting at 100% yesterday, after browsing, downloading, playing with apps, testing the camera and texting friends non stop by evening I had about 50% left, then I spent time on here, reading and posting for a few hours and went down to about 27%, at which time I finally crashed to sleep (I still hadn't caught up after camping out) and so this morning it's fully charged again, I'll monitor battery usage throughout the day.

I think this will be a charge once per 24 hours with heavy use kind of device which is ok with me.

I'm getting excellent battery life. However I understand that it won't be quite as good when I'm away from WiFi. Nevertheless, my battery life so far is excellent.

View attachment 65310

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting excellent battery life. However I understand that it won't be quite as good when I'm away from WiFi. Nevertheless, my battery life so far is excellent.

FWIW, right now and for the next 3 days I'm in a place with no wifi, so I'm all on cellular, and I'm pleased with battery life. So if it's supposed to improve once I get back to where I have good wifi, this is like an unexpected present, for me, woohoo! 😃

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, right now and for the next 3 days I'm in a place with no wifi, so I'm all on cellular, and I'm pleased with battery life. So if it's supposed to improve once I get back to where I have good wifi, this is like an unexpected present, for me, woohoo! ��

WOW that's fantastic usage!!!!!!!!!!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I came home to find mine had been delivered, I am loving it so far! ... The screen is magical, and I couldn't agree more with those who have said that the .7 difference in screen size truly makes a big difference. my 6 plus arrives next Thursday and then I will be challenged to decide which one to keep. So far I think the 6 is the perfect size, I hope the 6 plus isn't too big but if it is I will be perfectly happy with the 6. It's so amazing!

Blazer50

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with it so far. Came from a nexus 5, so I didn't really know what to expect. He camera is amazing and the thinness and lightness is surprising

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner