IPhone 6: reviews and first impressions

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You are dying to tell the world how excited you are about your new iPhone 6. Here's where you give that keyboard a workout. Voice out freely!

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for cross-posting... But you asked:) I am so freaking happy with my 6+. So far synced up as much music as I could. Connected to my Logitech keyboard. Played a couple games. Restored my kindle collection of books. feels like the first iPhone. Also hadn't upgraded to iOS 8 until now so playing with that is fun too... Still have 20% battery. Amazing!!! Couldn't be happier. Movies up next...

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving mine. As I said in another thread, I wasn't expecting to like it this much. It's amazing to me how much a little more screen changes the whole cell phone experience, and this simultaneously gives credence to all the Android folks yelling about screen size. Maybe they were right? I don't know. Maybe it's just time. Regardless, amazing feel in the hand. As is the Apple way, the hardware and manufacturing is THE best in the world. I've also experienced incredible call quality on the handful of phone calls I've taken/made over the last few hours. The thing is buttery smooth and so damn quick. I'm very, very happy with it. 9.5/10 for me. I'm deducting .5 for the protruding camera, which the reasons for have been talked to death. I'll take it for the slim-ness of it all. Just incredible technology once again from the leaders.

EDIT: Since I posted this, I have since returned my 6 and gone back to the 5S. Some of the reasons are the same as others. I tend to roll naked with my phones, and I got the protruding camera stuck on random strings in my pockets a couple times. I don't know how that happens, but it did. Maybe my pants just suck and need replaced. The 6 runs and does all the things that I expect from an iPhone. For that, it's fantastic. Same as the 5S is fantastic. I just don't take in a lot of video, don't take a lot of pics. My phone is pretty much for communication. I felt myself trying to use the 6 one-handed, which is totally do-able...but, I was still having to slide that thing around in my hand a lot and this drove me nuts. And yes, I'd use the pull down thingy. I also had a lot of trouble getting used to the lock on the right spine. No bigs...and I know that's where phones are going. I just feel....for NOW, the 5S is a better device for me. I also feel, however unfounded this is, that the 6 is fragile somehow. Maybe it's the thinness of it all. Idk. It's still a great phone though...and I'm sure I'll be back on it or something like it someday. When I don't have a choice of course.

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Lightening speed, very smooth and easy to operate, superb keyboard. Continuity is banging: I was texting my husband on my iPad while my phone was being set up, and as soon as the phone was good to go, I closed the iPad and bam! The conversation was instantly continued on the phone. The camera is a dream. Yes, even "just" the 6. Oh, and the calendar is so user friendly!

So far I have zero complaints about the battery life, I got it fully charged, I've been on it ever since and I still have a good 50% battery left.
Got all my pics, music, videos, wallpapers, ringtones, apps, everything works perfectly with the added oomph of being larger and sleeker.

This is a super phone. But I need to explore it further because I know it's still got plenty under the hood.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Extremely happy with my iPhone 6 and I had left Apple after the 5 for a BlackBerry Q10 then Z30.

The BlackBerry Z30 is amazing! That said I'm loving this iPhone 6 especially having a phone that syncs with my iMac, iPad, MacBook, etc.

This phone completes me, lol.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Best. Phone. Ever.

I love this phone! It is extremely lightweight, thin, and amazingly powerful! It has a beautiful screen, which has a high contrast ratio and excellent outdoor visibility. The design of the glass curving and meeting the back gives the phone a seamless fell, which I really like. Screen size is darn near perfect, and honestly you can't tell the difference between the 6 and 6+ without seriously scrutinizing it. Feels solid in the hand, very refined.

9.5/10 :)

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been on Android for the last 4 years. I've had them all, was using the g3. I really liked the g3 but wanted something a little smaller. My problem with android no matter what my phones would start acting up after 2 to 5 months. With the bigger screen, keyboards and some of the new ios8 updates I decided to give the iphone 6 a shot. So far the phone is everything I was expecting. Silky smooth, very polished feel and look. It's going to take some time getting used the notifications. Apple sure know how to make some nice hardware. I think android makers could take some notes. Only htc is even playing in the same ball park with build quality.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm in love with mine. iPhone 6 64gb space gray. Runs smooth, looks sexy as hell. My friends are jealous.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on the iPhone 6 seems to be pretty good. Turned on the phone for the first time at 1pm and it was at 70%, currently it is about 9pm and I'm at 37% and I've been using it pretty often. The only complaint is the resolution on apps not updated for the new phone but I'm not worried because I know that it's only temporary. Love the size of the 6!

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am loving it and the performance is as smoothly as it goes, iOS8 is buggy with iPhone 5 so it was worth an upgrade, the 4.7 inch is enough to satisfy me

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The size of the 6 is absolutely perfect in my opinion. Rounded edges and thickness make it a joy to hold. Very impressed with the screen. The improved contrast ratio is noticeable and great color saturation - not too much but still very crisp and punchy - even with "only" 326ppi.

I'm even more satisfied with the size now that I have it in hand. Especially as a day to day device that I need to pocket. For me personally, there would be no way I could comfortably use the Plus.

My initial impression of this iPhone - if I gauge it against all my other iPhones (taken in context at time of each of their respective launches) - the 6 ranks up there as one of the best if not the best.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
After about 14 hours with my new iPhone 6 I feel it is almost "the best thing since sliced bread". The more I use it the more I love it.

I thought the larger size compared to my iP5S would be a distractor BUT with how thin it is it fits very nice into my hand. The default
keyboard is nice also but even better when I use it in the landscape orientation.

The speed is noticeably faster than my iPhone 5S. The display is great in clarity and color. I have several apps that have not been updated since iOS 6.X and they run and look great.

The only distractor is that I had to buy a new case, screen proctor and belt holster. The holster is for a Samsung device and is a bit too large. As soon as the manufacturer comes out with their iPhone 6 holster then it will be perfect.

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm in love! And It fits every song in my library! Finally a 128 gb iphone! I was dead set on the 6 plus until I held it. Way too big. The 6 is plenty big. Won't be reaching for my iPad to watch video podcasts anymore!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Lightening speed, very smooth and easy to operate, superb keyboard. Continuity is banging: I was texting my husband on my iPad while my phone was being set up, and as soon as the phone was good to go, I closed the iPad and bam! The conversation was instantly continued on the phone. The camera is a dream. Yes, even "just" the 6. Oh, and the calendar is so user friendly!

So far I have zero complaints about the battery life, I got it fully charged, I've been on it ever since and I still have a good 50% battery left.
Got all my pics, music, videos, wallpapers, ringtones, apps, everything works perfectly with the added oomph of being larger and sleeker.

This is a super phone. But I need to explore it further because I know it's still got plenty under the hood.

I'm glad your post is so positive. I'm really hoping you don't have any troubles. I know I'm just over the moon with mine.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
How's the battery life with constant browsing? I have 2k battery within Lumia 1020 but battery is dead after four hours of constant browsing.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
BEST.PHONE.EVER.

Honestly. Best phone I've ever used.

I am in love.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members