Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Touch ID? My Mom's been complaining that her Touch ID is no longer working and it appears this started when her phone was recently updated to the latest version of iOS 8. She does have a screen-protector over the sensor, but I don't believe that should be affecting it since it was previously working a couple of weeks ago.

My older brother has also indicated he's having issues with his so I just wanted to see if it's widespread or if there's any solution.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Touch ID? My Mom's been complaining that her Touch ID is no longer working and it appears this started when her phone was recently updated to the latest version of iOS 8. She does have a screen-protector over the sensor, but I don't believe that should be affecting it since it was previously working a couple of weeks ago.

My older brother has also indicated he's having issues with his so I just wanted to see if it's widespread or if there's any solution.

Nope. TouchID is working well on my iPhone 6 Plus.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Mine is working well on my 6. A complete reset may be in order, or possibly a trip to the Apple Store.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My mates always come to me when they have issues and the first thing I do is a hard reboot (holding home and sleep/wake down together until the apple logo displays). It usually fixes whatever their issue is. They have had lots of weird quirky problems that have been solved by the hard reboot.

Let us know if it fixes your prob as it might help someone else later down the line searching the same issue. Cheers

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I had #bendgate or #bend-ghazi happen to me after owning one since a week from launch day, what really pisses me off is Apple made me use one of my AppleCare + replacements for it, never been so upset with  in all my life... Hope this isn't the way they will treat a loyal customer in the future

sifatkhan

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi I used the iPhone 6.if your iPhone6 battery become hot.there are several key fixes that iPhone6 user should try. These fixes range from small setting Tweeks to changes in daily overall use.All of them have the potential to fix bad iOS battery life.

Bruno Fendri

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I love my iPhone. My issue is with the battery. As long as it reaches 3% it goes flat and the phone just turns off. 2 months of usage already happens almost every time .

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Not really the right places for this but Sunday I popped over to a friends to watch a few football matches and had my iphone 6 in my jacket pocket hanging up in their cloakroom. I was there from 12pm-9pm without touching my iphone once. When I got home I checked my iphone and the battery was still at 100%!! Mental! To be fair it did start going down once I unlocked it and checked messages etc but just not depreciating at all in 9hrs is great!

shadynakhle

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is the best phone i've ever had but my only issue with it is a manufacturing issue which is the loose home button. I dont know if it's an issue or they are all like that but it just annoys me a little. When i double tap for reachability there is a little clicking sound.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The issue I had was a dead pixel. No seriously, I p00p you not, I really had a dead pixel. ...hadn't seen one of those in years and NEVER seen a dead/stuck pixel on an iPhone...and I've had nearly every model. The sales manager at Best Buy told me I should play the lottery. I will.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is the best phone i've ever had but my only issue with it is a manufacturing issue which is the loose home button. I dont know if it's an issue or they are all like that but it just annoys me a little. When i double tap for reachability there is a little clicking sound.

I've started to notice a slightly weird depress when I press the home button now. It's not all the time but it sometimes feels like I've overused the home button and it's worn but I'm such a careful user and it's only 4 months old.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've started to notice a slightly weird depress when I press the home button now. It's not all the time but it sometimes feels like I've overused the home button and it's worn but I'm such a careful user and it's only 4 months old.

Maybe it's just breaking in. Does it register presses any less than before? Is your fp scanner working as well as it was before?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah all functions are working perfectly and to be honest I'd probably not even mention it had I not already seen a few posts about it prior. It's certainly not something I'd take back to apple with. It's just occasionally and I suppose it's going from the brand new never been used button to a button that pressed a couple of dozen times a day of not more! Haha

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've read before of the buttons actually failing. ...I certainly hope that is not common. I've had a bunch of iPhone before my current 6+ and never had the button do anything but work well. I hope this isn't the start of a problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro