Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I went with OTA. sorry I'm a total dunce when it comes to updating, restoring, jailbreaking :D
Turn off find my iPhone in iCloud section. Plug phone into iTunes and restore phone. It will erase datA and start your phone over again so if you need to save anything feel,free to. And iPhone will restore a fresh 8.1 iOS. I never do Ota's anymore. Haven't had any issues

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Turn off find my iPhone in iCloud section. Plug phone into iTunes and restore phone. It will erase datA and start your phone over again so if you need to save anything feel,free to. And iPhone will restore a fresh 8.1 iOS. I never do Ota's anymore. Haven't had any issues

Just got my replacement a day early. Testing this one out. We'll see :)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
i hear rattling noises when i shaking my iphone 6.. First i guess is came from power button like (same case) in iphone 5/5s. But is not. That rattling sounds came from mute button. When you turn that button into mute mode that rattling noise will be hear no more. Is it normal? Do i have to claim? Well i think thats normal as the function ran properly..

If that's the worst issue, I'd let it slide. It's probably normal seeing as the 5s had a normal rattle too. Is it obvious during daily use or only when you shake it?

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well my screen cracked yesterday in two spots while in my front pocket yesterday. The screen is always facing in and was in a case and there is no physical damage at all to my phone besides the screen now.

It's never been dropped either. The only thing I can think of is that I bent over and maybe it got a little too tight for it. And no I don't wear skinny jeans, boot cut at work.

My phone has a slight bend in it as well. Taking it to Apple Store tomorrow hoping they will swap since it's obvious there was no physical damage done to it.

Also I've never had a broke screen before either but you cannot feel the marks at all, is that normal? I can psychically see the crack but not feel it.

richyharlon

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 6 today. It's great. But I have a question about the front facing camera. The regular camera app and snapchats camera. Whenever I take pictures in good lighting they have great detail with the front camera. But if I take the picture with low light with the front facing camera it kind of makes my skin/face look a little touched up or smoothed out and not much detail. I'm not sure if its just supposed to do that or maybe I have a defect in the front camera and if I should go exchange it.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 6 today. It's great. But I have a question about the front facing camera. The regular camera app and snapchats camera. Whenever I take pictures in good lighting they have great detail with the front camera. But if I take the picture with low light with the front facing camera it kind of makes my skin/face look a little touched up or smoothed out and not much detail. I'm not sure if its just supposed to do that or maybe I have a defect in the front camera and if I should go exchange it.

The front camera is 1.2 MP compared to the 8 MP rear camera, so the pictures will be a little less quality from the front than the back.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
The front camera is 1.2 MP compared to the 8 MP rear camera, so the pictures will be a little less quality from the front than the back.

Well, this isn't really about the MP, but yeah. The front facing camera isn't meant to be of great quality. I'm pretty sure it's not a defect. It's quite poor in low light. Also, Snapchat really hadn't been optimised for the cameras.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6 front facing camera has shifted out of alignment. Just recently discovered this defect on my iPhone 6. Apparently I'm not the only one as I discovered on the Apple forum at the link below. I've had my phone for about a month. Got a genius bar appointment this Saturday.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6616505?start=0&tstart=0

*UPDATE*

At my Genius Bar appt today they replaced the front display. All seems fine.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well my screen cracked yesterday in two spots while in my front pocket yesterday. The screen is always facing in and was in a case and there is no physical damage at all to my phone besides the screen now.

It's never been dropped either. The only thing I can think of is that I bent over and maybe it got a little too tight for it. And no I don't wear skinny jeans, boot cut at work.

My phone has a slight bend in it as well. Taking it to Apple Store tomorrow hoping they will swap since it's obvious there was no physical damage done to it.

Also I've never had a broke screen before either but you cannot feel the marks at all, is that normal? I can psychically see the crack but not feel it.

Update from mine, Apple replaced my screen today free of charge as they said it couldn't have been done by me.

Hate driving 45 min to an hour but their service is great.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Update from mine, Apple replaced my screen today free of charge as they said it couldn't have been done by me.

Hate driving 45 min to an hour but their service is great.

45-60mins is still pretty good! My closest Apple Store in the UK is only 12 miles away but with traffic it can be 35-45mins so not much difference! Especially to get a new screen! I would have thought apple wouldn't have entertained the thought of a screen cracking not being the result of a drop. I suppose if you dropped it on carpet there wouldn't be cosmetic other than perhaps a cracked screen so you were really lucky to get it sorted! Dodged a bullet there mate! Haha

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
45-60mins is still pretty good! My closest Apple Store in the UK is only 12 miles away but with traffic it can be 35-45mins so not much difference! Especially to get a new screen! I would have thought apple wouldn't have entertained the thought of a screen cracking not being the result of a drop. I suppose if you dropped it on carpet there wouldn't be cosmetic other than perhaps a cracked screen so you were really lucky to get it sorted! Dodged a bullet there mate! Haha

Thank you. And I think it's how the crack is. It's not something you can actually feel either.

And you're right it could be farther. I'm just glad they generally do the right thing.

richyharlon

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, this isn't really about the MP, but yeah. The front facing camera isn't meant to be of great quality. I'm pretty sure it's not a defect. It's quite poor in low light. Also, Snapchat really hadn't been optimised for the cameras.

Thank you. I've been so worried for no reason. It's such a small issue so I didn't know if it was normal or not. Just kind of confused me how I didn't notice it whenever I had my 5s and whenever I got the 6 the front camera had my skin looking a little touched up/smoothed out and matte kind of. But it's definitely reassuring hearing what you guys think. Front camera pictures look great in direct light but definitely not low light. Also in new at this whole forum thing so I know I'm messing up with this post.

Last edited:

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I've been so worried for no reason. It's such a small issue so I didn't know if it was normal or not. Just kind of confused me how I didn't notice it whenever I had my 5s and whenever I got the 6 the front camera had my skin looking a little touched up/smoothed out and matte kind of. But it's definitely reassuring hearing what you guys think. Front camera pictures look great in direct light but definitely not low light. Also in new at this whole forum thing so I know I'm messing up with this post.

Haha, welcome! And you didn't mess that up

Glad it's sorted.

byul

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
When listening to music and visiting webpages on safari i have this odd disturbing clacking/pop sound in my music.
It only happens randomly for a half second when loading/refreshing a page.
If i just leave the music app open just for music there is no problems, so i have this problem only randomly when loading/refreshing a page on safari.

Oh and i tried chrome too, same problem.
And also for spotify.

Any one else have this problem or know how i can fix it?

I tried a hard reboot but it 's still there..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh