Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that occasionally it doesn't produce sounds? As in if I take a photo it makes no shutter sound so I take another and then the sound plays! Same with the lock sound, now and then it doesn't sound when I lock so I unlock and relock and it then plays!

I've had the silent shutter several times, and I think the unlock once or twice. Definitely can be a bit glitchy about sounds at times.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that occasionally it doesn't produce sounds? As in if I take a photo it makes no shutter sound so I take another and then the sound plays! Same with the lock sound, now and then it doesn't sound when I lock so I unlock and relock and it then plays!

I have the lock sound turned off but definitely I have the same problem with the shutter sound being intermittent.

Hope it's a simple software update.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the lock sound turned off but definitely I have the same problem with the shutter sound being intermittent.

Mostly things like that will be addressed in small software updates down the road, yes. Usually the big breaking bugs are addressed in the first few weeks of release.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Ah thanks, good to know it's not just me. It's really silly but drives me mad because I question whether I actually pressed the button but recently it's been doing it quite a lot. I will take a picture and no sound so I press it again to check and it plays the sound! Nothing changed and just seconds apart so not like I closed a background app in between. It does it loads on the lock sound and I swear some messages don't always play he alert sound as I walk back to my phone after being in the next room for a few seconds and the screen is lit up with a message notification and I never hear any form of alert. I can hear my phone alert from a few rooms down usually!

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok my iPad just did the same thing, so it is an iOS 8.xx problem, so a minor update will take care of it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i have an issue where sometimes i try to wake the screen up it won't turn on. it happens both with the lock button and home button. i have to press it a second time to finally wake up the screen. this probably happens to me at least once a day. it's like the phone doesn't register the button press or something. i thought this used to happen on my 4S occasionally too

Yup. Has happened before even with my 5.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I got a defective volume switch on mine. When I flip it to ring it actually kicks me back to silent even though the switch is in the correct position. And if you bump that area of the phone it switches itself. Annoying. I have no idea how I'm going to get this swapped out in any timely manner with all the sell outs....sigh.
Prepare yourself to deal with this in the future. IPhone mute switch is notorious for going bad.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I posted another thread on this but my camera is in operable. Only the front camera is working. When changing to the back camera the application freezes and the screen is blurred and blanked out. I've made an appointment with the genius bar on Sunday.
That's an issue with the logic board. I'm guessing you tried a restore.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Prepare yourself to deal with this in the future. IPhone mute switch is notorious for going bad.

Funny. As many iPhones as my family has and we've NEVER had the iPhone mute switch go bad. We've had every model since the original iPhone and there are 15 members of my immediate family that now use iPhone exclusively.

But keep on trashing iPhone. You don't want to let those troll skills go to waste.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
This is likely more of an iOS 8 (or older?) bug than iPhone 6, but..

Copy+Paste. Anyone else having issues with this? A friend mentioned that C+P between apps was very buggy on his iPhone 5, so I tried it on my 6 and am finding that, in many instances, I have to repeat the C+P process twice before I get the proper content to copy over. Otherwise, most of the time, whatever Pastes is from an earlier Copy operation.

i.e. earlier if I'd C+P'd "123", and I try to Copy "abc" and paste it, the first time I'll get "123" again, 2nd time I get the "abc".

Weird one, eh?

I'm also experiencing this bug on my 6+, which I restored from a previous backup. However, on my 5s, which has been erased and updated, copy and paste works as to be expected.

I suppose I could do a wipe and see what happens on the 6+.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm more aware of this now but it happens with everything! There's so much lag with clearing messages or call lists and mostly unread flags changing to read. It's like Apple have purposely out in a delay into the action. I'm using an iPhone 6 on 8.0.2 so wouldn't expect any lag! It's so bad I thought for a while that going back into the message or app was clearing the unread mark but infact going back in again was just giving it the extra second or two it needed to catchup and mark it read.

It happens when clearing my call list two. I clear it and it takes a second or two before they disappear. With messages and emails I might have two unread and I go in and view them for a second and when I return the message list they still have the blue dot for unread or if I return to the home screen the icon badge is still present! Happens with things like Facebook notifications too. I go and read the notification and return to the home screen and the badge is still showing "1". I then go back in again and then return to the home screen and it then disappears whilst I'm watching. Really poor effort from the iOS devs, not sure how this managed to pass testing. I'm really OCD so I clear all my messages and calls right after sending or making and I close every app after opening so it's not like I should have background apps using resources up!

Update to 8.1. Should fix your issues

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know there is a current known bug with a new diagnostics chip in the 6 and 6 plus. It continues to run making usage times the same as standbys and also draining battery. Found out at an Apple Store. Will be addressed in next update

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I just have one issue that grinds my gears...

When opening a picture via MMS message in the messages app the status bar overlays the picture and I thought it would be fixed with 8.1 but it's still happening. Here's an example:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414982135.265597.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods