Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely got some Bluetooth issues on my 6, iOS 8.0.2.

Hadn't tried it til yesterday, when I found I can't pair my Scala G9 (motorcycle helmet headset) to the phone at all. Phone sees it but fails to pair.

Also, trying to demo one of those weird MiP robots at work, it frequently drops the BT connection and/or lags badly. That could be from either end though, not sure.

Will be testing with more devices in the next few days; but definitely looking forward to likely fixes in iOS 8.1.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 68348 yeah so that's my 'issue' volume up is like 1mm lower than the volume down button. I don't know if you can see that but I tried to catch the issue:d

Btw after ios 8 ipad's air camera seemed to improve A LOT!

What I did was cut s small price of masking tape and fold it and put it under the volume up button on the inside of the case and that will fix it.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had this unread issue happening more and more today. If I have two or more unread messages (SMS/iMessage) I go in and read both of them and if I return to the home screen the badge indicator is still present showing the number of unread messages or if I back out to the messages list both messages still have the blue unread dot next to them! This happens in messages and email. In fact if I clear my call list it's really laggy and still shows either the calls or if I've backed out it will show the missed alert indicator for a second after I've hit clear. Obviously the messages issue is more important. I find myself going back into the messages a second time just to mark them as read!

Anyone else getting this on the iphone 6 or another iOS 8 device?

I've been getting this on my iPhone 6 running the latest version of iOS 8.

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a white dot on the screen that you see it mostly on white surfaces. Is there any way to fix it?

I am worried about it affecting pictures I take with the iPhone...

Pic:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413660408.287560.jpg

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm really loving my iPhone 6! However, I noticed one little bright white dot near the center of the screen (off center to the left). At first, I kept wiping it thinking it was on the surface. Surprisingly it seems to show up more with a white background, I can't see it with a dark or black background.
Anyone else seeing this?

Have you solved it?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting this on my iPhone 6 running the latest version of iOS 8.

I'm not sure if I'm more aware of this now but it happens with everything! There's so much lag with clearing messages or call lists and mostly unread flags changing to read. It's like Apple have purposely out in a delay into the action. I'm using an iPhone 6 on 8.0.2 so wouldn't expect any lag! It's so bad I thought for a while that going back into the message or app was clearing the unread mark but infact going back in again was just giving it the extra second or two it needed to catchup and mark it read.

It happens when clearing my call list two. I clear it and it takes a second or two before they disappear. With messages and emails I might have two unread and I go in and view them for a second and when I return the message list they still have the blue dot for unread or if I return to the home screen the icon badge is still present! Happens with things like Facebook notifications too. I go and read the notification and return to the home screen and the badge is still showing "1". I then go back in again and then return to the home screen and it then disappears whilst I'm watching. Really poor effort from the iOS devs, not sure how this managed to pass testing. I'm really OCD so I clear all my messages and calls right after sending or making and I close every app after opening so it's not like I should have background apps using resources up!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you solved it?

Sorry I can't see the White dot. I can see the circled area if that's what you're referring to or is that actually part of the onscreen graphics? Haha either way I can't see it on my end. If it's s dead pixel or some kind of screen burn or malfunction you won't be able to fix it is take it back to Apple if it's still in warranty and if it's not I'd still try with them. Tell them it's been there from day one but got worse until where it is now and you can't put up with it now. I had similar with my iphone 4 and they swapped it although it was only a week old at the time and if I'm honest I think I did it! I noticed a mark on screen and I was at work so rent into the kitchen and got a tea towel and started rubbing it and whatever happened it basically blurred that part of the screen like it was scuffed!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, but We don?t have Apple Store where a I live... I hope It doesn?t interfere with the pics I take with the iPhone.

Oh sorry I can see it now. I needed to tilt my screen s bit. That looks like a dead pixel and I'd definitely get that swapped over for another one. Call Apple and see what they can do. They might be able to ship you a replacement and you send yours back or something. It is not fixable without replacing the hardware I'm afraid mate. Best of luck.

PinteX

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that when I have the iPhone with the screen up and then turn him down, I can hear a noise from the camera area ( the lens move, I suppose) .

The same happens in yours?

If I change my iPhone I can get with a refurbished?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that when I have the iPhone with the screen up and then turn him down, I can hear a noise from the camera area ( the lens move, I suppose) .

The same happens in yours?

If I change my iPhone I can get with a refurbished?

Sorry I'm not quite sure of what you mean?

As for the refurbished or the service grade iPhones it's possible as they do normally exchange for these however as the iphone 6 is so new there's not likely to be any refurbished iPhones in circulation as yet. I exchanged mine a week ago and the Apple rep said I was his first iPhone 6 exchange in the store!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not much with me an issues.. however I have seen many post about noises. "If your phone rattles at all, get a new one" end of story.

My issues are the odd ones others get.

Ding like I got a message, but nothing there.
Messages not always showing on lock screen
iCloud not sync'ing photos

Hope a lot of that is fixed tomorrow with 8.1, but who knows.

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I know same here with 8.1. All these issues need to go. Did you turn off message reminder to never. That got rid of my issue. Or it could be a email.

pinorally

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Each time I want to visit Facebook, I must tap my password. And yes I have saved it on my iPhone 6 settings. So annoying, can someone help me on this. Thanks in advance :)

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a weird issue this morning. i was on a phone call leaving a voicemail for someone and when i took the phone away from my ear to end the call the screen never came back on and i couldn't end the call no matter what i did. I finally had to reset the thing to end it. Never had this happen before. I think if I wasn't so used to the bigger screen i'd go back to my 4S, never had any issues with that phone. anyone else experience this?

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
One problem that I am having is that my videos don't show up on my Mac in iPhoto, the pictures do automatically when I open iPhoto on my Mac but I don't see the videos unless I connect the iPhone through the cable.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've just seen the 8.1 change log and it seems the issue myself and others have had with the read messages remaining unread was actually fixed in 8.1 at last! Also they sorted wifi performance which might confirm that the earlier issue with wifi dropping was caused by a rogue app that has since updated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro