Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Take it back I had the same issue with light leaking through the mute switch. Eventually dust will enter through to the LCD . The genius associate at Apple said a bad batch of iPhones have this issue and they will exchanged it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you explain what you mean by this issue please?

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Go to an Apple store and ask for an exchange. No iPhone I have ever had showed a blue screen.

I tried to make an appointment at the Genius Bar but the closest date is October 6. Should I just exchange it at sprint since I'm within my 14 days? Do I tell them it had the blue screen? I hope they will exchange my phone.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried to make an appointment at the Genius Bar but the closest date is October 6. Should I just exchange it at sprint since I'm within my 14 days? Do I tell them it had the blue screen? I hope they will exchange my phone.

There's a high chance Sprint won't exchange it as, to my understanding, warranties are covered by Apple themselves.

thecellphoneguy

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you explain what you mean by this issue please?

Where the mute/ringer switch is located, when only switched to mute, you can see light leakage coming through the switch from the lcd when it's on. The switch is installed slightly recessed and this is the cause of the issue.

Gunnyman

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed in my 2011 Mazda CX-7 Bluetooth will drop from time to time, and I get no track names with audio.
Also my iPhone 6 won't connect with my mid 2011 iMac's bluetooth at all. It will pair, but not connect.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
There's a high chance Sprint won't exchange it as, to my understanding, warranties are covered by Apple themselves.

Aww man so what should I do? Wait out an appointment for Genius Bar or try my luck with sprint? I think my 14 days ends either tomorrow or Friday.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Aww man so what should I do? Wait out an appointment for Genius Bar or try my luck with sprint? I think my 14 days ends either tomorrow or Friday.

Here's a tip. If you can goto an Apple Store do so and when you get there make sure you have wifi on and it should automatically connect to the apple stores wifi. Then open the Apple Store app and it should pop up asking if you'd like to get support. If not just manually go into the Genius Bar for that store in the app. You find that when you're on the stores own wifi you get real time appointments and usually cancellations or late attendees. I've nearly always got an appointment within a few minutes doing this. It knows you are already in store so can offer you an appointment within a few minutes which it wouldn't show from outside their own wifi network.

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Where the mute/ringer switch is located, when only switched to mute, you can see light leakage coming through the switch from the lcd when it's on. The switch is installed slightly recessed and this is the cause of the issue.

Would my phone qualify as this?: WIN_20141002_115337.JPGWIN_20141002_115343.JPG

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Now with the LCD screen on, do you see light leakage from the mute switch? Remember, the switch has to be in the mute position. If so, then yes if not, you're good

Argghhh, (I'm sorry if I get annoying), I still don't understand, what do you mean leakage from the mute switch?

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Took mine to the Genius Bar again and got stuck with a not so genius Genius who seemed clueless. Thought he was gonna refuse to swap it again cuz he couldn't see the light leak but he swapped it anyway. New one has no apparent hardware issues, except I still don't have a great display! the left half is warmer then the right half ever so slightly (just enough for only ME to notice and drive me insane). Still looks better then the last one though. Just gonna settle down with this one until something fails on it, gonna get the Apple Care + cuz I'm not sure I trust this phone a whole two years to not have any issues.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Since I updated to IOS 8.02 my 4G and LTE speeds with AT&T have been painfully slow. Prior to the update they both were super fast, faster than my Wi Fi connect honestly. Now, its slow like it was on my iPhone 5.. Not sure if its on AT&T's end, my iPhone itself, or the update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative