Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. It predominantly happens when I get a Hangouts notification. I think it has to do with apps that aren't fully optimized for iOS 8.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
If you click on the groups button from within the contacts app and deselect the accounts you do not want to show and at least they will not show up. You probably have synced all the contact from all your accounts. Also under settings be sure to choose a default account to use for your contacts

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I NEVER restore my phones from backups and always set up as new phones.

When I tap the camera icon in the messages app, the messages app crashes. Anyone else have this issue.

I killed the app and it still happens. I end up having to open the photos app, find the photo, copy it, then go back to messages app, and paste it in the message. Really annoying.
I've had that too, and it's annoying me. But my 5S did that a lot on iOS7 too. Drove me nuts. My messaging app is crashing a little too often in general. I might do a restart (home and power) today, to see if it resets anything.
Interesting. Not all these are iPhone 6 issues but iOS 8 which needs a update to address problems
I do agree with that. I think my issue is definitely iOS related, not hardware.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
For those having battery issues, check the "Motion Calibration" under the location/privacy settings. On my iPhone 6 it stays on no matter what I do. I have just turned it off and we'll see what happens in terms of battery life.

thecellphoneguy

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having problems with their hotspot? I turned on the hotspot and used my pc to find my iPhone which it did but my hotspot keeps wanting to turn on but then turns off and continues that way. I've never had this issue with my iPhone 5.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
For those having battery issues, check the "Motion Calibration" under the location/privacy settings. On my iPhone 6 it stays on no matter what I do. I have just turned it off and we'll see what happens in terms of battery life.

i saw this turned on too (purple). what does it even do?

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having problems with their hotspot? I turned on the hotspot and used my pc to find my iPhone which it did but my hotspot keeps wanting to turn on but then turns off and continues that way. I've never had this issue with my iPhone 5.

I'm having problems using the phone as a hotspot and my iPad continuously disconnects itself and I'm having to manually reconnect

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

spanishcop

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
The home screen with apps doesn't rotate, but I was referring when viewing pictures and using safari for Internet. Those and many other apps allow rotating. The plus provides 2 columns in many apps when rotated to landscape such as email. Iphone 6 will still rotate in email but only one column. I fixed my problem by erasing all settings and redoing iPhone ios8 as new phone.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to assume that it calibrates the M8 co-processor for more accurate readings of movement and stuff. I kept it on for about 2-3 days, but I think that would be more than enough time to calibrate my movements so off it goes.

thecellphoneguy

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Start checking your mute toggle switch. Mine had light leakage from the LCD when I switched it to mute. I made a genius bar appointment early this morning. Sure enough, the Apple associate confirmed the issue and immediately replaced it. But now the replacement has the same issue! Setup another genius appointment for this Friday morning LOL

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm finding my keyboard is not learning my typing. When I had iOS 8 on my 5s it worked great. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i'm having issues with my home wifi. some apps will not work with it, but other wifi networks and cell data will work fine. i can't figure it out. i restored from an itunes backup. i've never had this issue before. i've tried most fixes and nothing has worked.

i'm getting ready to return the thing and go back to my 4S if i can't figure anything out soon

Last edited:

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Not sure what it does, but my battery life is horrible!! I turned it off, so when it gets charged again, I'll see what happens.

Anyone else having trouble with the phone not connecting to wifi?

I did last night. It wouldn't connect to my home wifi. I turned the entire iPhone off and back on and it connected just fine. I noticed something wrong with the iPhone before that. I was searching music and was unable to tap a letter to scroll there. Turning it off and back on fixed that too.

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, mine has been disconnecting from wifi all day and now I can't even see any wifi networks. I'm in a high-rise apartment and there are usually 20+ networks in range. Just tried restarting and can't see any. Might try reseting network settings.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods