Post any known issues of the iPhone 6 here!

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
When I tap the camera icon in the messages app, the messages app crashes. Anyone else have this issue.

I killed the app and it still happens. I end up having to open the photos app, find the photo, copy it, then go back to messages app, and paste it in the message. Really annoying.

That's strange. I've sent several photos from within the Messages app without any issues.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6 keeps freezing up and I have to do a hard reset to get it working again.

Also when I turn on hotspot and tether my iPad to the phone it keeps dropping the connection. Is there a setting to keep it connected?

Jambon3

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, we're definitely in new OS mode. I've done more phone reboots in the last two days than in the last two years on the Nexus 4/5. Not complaining, this is all part of early adoption.

The latest thing I've been noticing that will need some update love is loss of functionality at the lock screen. I'll reboot and everything will be working fine for a while - ie control center, notifications, and camera all launchable from the lock screen. Then later out of the blue, I'll press my start button or the TouchID button to get to lock and nothing will work, neither control center, notification center or camera will launch.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6 keeps freezing up and I have to do a hard reset to get it working again.

Also when I turn on hotspot and tether my iPad to the phone it keeps dropping the connection. Is there a setting to keep it connected?
I don't know, maybe on a jailbreak? I always thought Wifi was a hard thing to maintain even before iPhone 6...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It can be a week or two. Depending on how fast they address any current issues. Man I miss the iOS 6 days. That OS was solid

larajane

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have found I can no longer delete individual text messages by tapping and holding a message, choosing More and then the little trash can appears. That trash can no longer appears, and the only option I have is Delete All, which I picked once because I assumed it must mean Delete Selected also and I lost the whole text conversation, of course.
I have checked with an IT colleague who has iOS 8 on her iPhone 5S and she still has the little trash can option for individual selected texts, so it must be an iPhone 6 issue. If anyone knows anything I would be pleased to find out, because I have only been able to find two other posts online about it and all they keep getting is people saying 'hold text and select More and chose little trash can'. It doesn't appear on iPhone 6, just a camera icon on one side and Send on the other.

Edit: apparently, restarting brings back trash can. Unbelievable. Leaving this post though because I saw several others ask about this elsewhere.

Last edited:

numb3rmonkey

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I went in to see a Genius this morning to address the uneven backlighting and wifi issues I’ve been having on my 6 and he agreed that the screen was dark on the top and bottom halves making normal lighting in between look brighter. We compared it to the floor models and found none to have this anomaly. Ran an Apple diagnostic test and found that I was having some memory issues although I hadn’t notice any problems with lag or slowing down aside from the occasional app crash. The wifi antenna reported normal functionality and he suggested that wifi losing signal is most likely iOS 8 or my router but will be noted and hopefully addressed in future iterations. He swapped service to a new phone and the new one has uniform lighting throughout. Happy dance.

He also mentioned that I was the first to bring in the 6 with a problem at his store and that someone from Apple will call or email me in about a week to discuss my experience with the phone and to get more info about the screen issue.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
When I tap the camera icon in the messages app, the messages app crashes. Anyone else have this issue.

I killed the app and it still happens. I end up having to open the photos app, find the photo, copy it, then go back to messages app, and paste it in the message. Really annoying.

I've sent numerous images through text and not had a problem. I'd suggest a restore as new.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Any else notice any issues with the screen getting momentarily unresponsive? I've found it most noticeable in games, but I haven't seen it happen in any stock apps at this point.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Only only only thing I have is when leave a iMessage I get a crackling/pop from the speaker, but no where else and no other time I think it's just the ap exiting. Nothing else so far.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not receiving emails to my phone now. I just sent myself an email but never received it on the phone but the iPad got it instantly.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Used the navigation the other day on a car mount while leaving the screen on. Kept getting a warning that phone was hot and needed to cool down and it would lock my screen. Phone was a little warm. I think it was normal on my iPhone 5 when I ran navigation.
I also get double rings when I get an email. So I just changed my ring tone. Hopefully that will go away.