So who's planning to run their 6 caseless?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I got mine today and when I left the Apple Store (after they had no cases in stock) I went to the zagg booth and got them to put on a tempered glass screen protector and a protective film over the back... That's as much of a case as I'm gonna use on my 6. I think

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I got a case today but I don't I think I will use it all the time. After going out last night I realized I need a case for those times for sure.

I think the same, you don't need a case if you take care and won't do stupid things. If you meet other people or "have to" give it other people and you know it in advance then put it in a case.

I had my iPhone 4s for 3 years and it hit the ground 3 times... Every time it did it was because someone else dropped it or did something stupid like joking how awful it would be if a phone would hit the ground

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I may. Trying it out now, as the Apple cases sold out at the various Toronto-area Apple Stores.

It's beautiful but a little slippery, and I often carry my phone and my keys in the same pocket.

Actually, it's time to start carrying the phone in the wallet pocket -- spare change can go in the keys pocket. So given that choice, sure, caseless makes sense.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an Apple leather case for my iPhone 6 because I find it feels slippery. However, when I wear skinny jeans/pants the extra girth of the phone with the case makes it hard to sit. I will take the case off when wearing skinny jeans and pants.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have an Apple leather case for my 6 and have used it since day 1, but I am riding bareback today to see how it goes. I have my case on stand by though...

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I would LOVE to go caseless, I did, 85-90% of the time with my 5s and it felt wonderful in my hand.
My only problem with the 6 is that it's so dang slippery i'm terrified that i'm gonna drop it when I just take it out of the case to wipe it off.
Is there any way to make it more... tacky, so that it doesn't feel so unstable in my hands?

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I would LOVE to go caseless, I did, 85-90% of the time with my 5s and it felt wonderful in my hand.
My only problem with the 6 is that it's so dang slippery i'm terrified that i'm gonna drop it when I just take it out of the case to wipe it off.
Is there any way to make it more... tacky, so that it doesn't feel so unstable in my hands?

what about putting on those films that cover the entire phone? I have never tried it but some people like it. I agree with you --the phone is a slippery devil... i decided to get applecare+ since I already had 2 close calls with it.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else find release month annoying when you can't find screen protectors or any good cases for the new phones? I could care a less but I picked my wife up a new one today and we have been searching for screen protectors and cases for hours..... Omg kill me now

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
what about putting on those films that cover the entire phone? I have never tried it but some people like it. I agree with you --the phone is a slippery devil... i decided to get applecare+ since I already had 2 close calls with it.

I just installed one for the back only and it gives the phone a better grip on hand. Really liking it so far.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else find release month annoying when you can't find screen protectors or any good cases for the new phones? I could care a less but I picked my wife up a new one today and we have been searching for screen protectors and cases for hours..... Omg kill me now

Did you try Best Buy? The store in my city had a wall full of Zagg Shields.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the same, you don't need a case if you take care and won't do stupid things. If you meet other people or "have to" give it other people and you know it in advance then put it in a case.

I had my iPhone 4s for 3 years and it hit the ground 3 times... Every time it did it was because someone else dropped it or did something stupid like joking how awful it would be if a phone would hit the ground

Ugh that's happened to me once and I was so upset. That's why I'm pretty sensitive when people handle my iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've always used an Otterbox Defender. I may try the Otterbox Symmetry this time when I get the 6. It's not as bulky and is sleek in design with great protection. I like the grip the Otterbox affords. It helps me do the photo work I do on my phone. That's been my plan all along.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've always used an Otterbox Defender. I may try the Otterbox Symmetry this time when I get the 6. It's not as bulky and is sleek in design with great protection. I like the grip the Otterbox affords. It helps me do the photo work I do on my phone. That's been my plan all along.

They look a lot like the Speck cases.

I picked up a Commuter yesterday but taking it back today - the fit wasn't that great, maybe a later batch will be more exact.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't going to use it without a case but after a day, it's way too thin and smooth for me. I'll drop it sooner or later. Plus i prefer actual black so a black case makes it my "space grey" black front and back and gives me some grip.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods