So I pre-ordered the iPhone 6 (not the 6 Plus) - but not til the morning of the 13th. So I wasn't expecting to receive it on 9/19, but I thought I would receive it shortly thereafter. I just received a confirmation email from AT&T that says the expected ship date would be between 10/15 - 10/31.

It seems like I would have better luck going to an AT&T store in a week or two from now, no? Any thoughts?? I know the 6-Plus will be hard to find for a while, but I didn't think the 4.7" i6 would take that long (128gb, space grey). Anyone else order the morning after the pre-launch, and have better (or the same) luck??
    09-19-2014 01:59 PM
    Depending on where you live you might be able to still get one today. Where I'm at was in store 2hrs ago rep said they still had over 20. So may be worth looking into. As for me I'm waiting on the plus model, sometime mid October from what there telling me.
    09-19-2014 02:27 PM
    Same here! I pre- ordered on 9/11 and I have a estimated ship date of 10/13-10/31. WTF?? Why pre order. My son walked into a store today and got the last one. Unreal. I will never pre order from AT&T again!!
    09-19-2014 10:04 PM
    Unless you pre-order within the first couple hours, it's basically worthless. Another 4 to 6 weeks for a pre-ordered IP6 (not plus) is ridiculous. I am going to check out some AT&T stores this week, and will let you know if I have any success....
    09-20-2014 12:41 AM
    Unless you pre-order within the first couple hours, it's basically worthless. Another 4 to 6 weeks for a pre-ordered IP6 (not plus) is ridiculous. I am going to check out some AT&T stores this week, and will let you know if I have any success....
    It's worth it. Keeps trying!
    09-20-2014 12:57 AM
    I actually pre-ordered the iPhone 6 16gb (silver) on 9/15 and I haven't received any shipping info yet. I knew I was taking a chance, but my expected shipping dates are 9/24 to 10/3. It's my first time pre-ordering, let alone ordering online from AT&T. My shipping status has remained "preparing to ship."
    09-20-2014 02:09 AM
    Update: just got shipping info. It should be delivered Monday by 8:00pm . Wonder why they tell you late October to get you all upset then ship it !! Lol. Oh well. I'm happy . Hope it works the same for you guys!
    09-20-2014 05:14 AM
    I actually pre-ordered the iPhone 6 16gb (silver) on 9/15 and I haven't received any shipping info yet. I knew I was taking a chance, but my expected shipping dates are 9/24 to 10/3. It's my first time pre-ordering, let alone ordering online from AT&T. My shipping status has remained "preparing to ship."
    Once it shows it shipped and you get the tracking number, you will see that it is already halfway to where you are. AT&T is extremely slow at updating info. You can call and ask AT&T who the carrier is then call either ups or fed ex and see if the an provide anything. You might even pull up info by "tracking by reference" on the website. Good luck!

P.s remember that "shipping" refers to when it is leaving, and "estimated delivery" is when it arrives.
    09-20-2014 02:57 PM
    UPDATE: I just receive a text from AT&T that my IP6 shipped. Should have it in hand on Tuesday! So anyone else who pre-ordered, it seems like AT&T hedges their time frame on a worse-case scenario. The phone should ship out earlier than their estimated time.....
    09-21-2014 08:21 PM
    UPDATE: I just receive a text from AT&T that my IP6 shipped. Should have it in hand on Tuesday! So anyone else who pre-ordered, it seems like AT&T hedges their time frame on a worse-case scenario. The phone should ship out earlier than their estimated time.....
    That's great! Hopefully I get my tracking info soon, since I pre-ordered on 9/15. I have contacted AT&T to see who would make the delivery of my phone, and the CSR said she didn't know...
    09-21-2014 09:28 PM
    That's great! Hopefully I get my tracking info soon, since I pre-ordered on 9/15. I have contacted AT&T to see who would make the delivery of my phone, and the CSR said she didn't know...
    FWIW, mine is coming via FedEx Standard Overnight - shipping from Fort Worth, TX. I am in Los Angeles.....
    09-21-2014 10:14 PM