has anyone ever gone on ebay for this ?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just for heck of it i been searching ebay when i get bored see all the people spending insane amounts of money. I came across a listing where someone has iphone 6 16gb unlocked any service for 518$ saying he bought from foxconn factory direct. Sounds like a series scam because hes only willing provide ime numbers etc to verify after you pay. Has anyone had any experience in situation like this ? I didnt wanna violate any rules like by posting ebay listing or anything why i left it out.

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking for a factory unlocked unit in stock, check the Verizon website. I'm a Verizon user, and I pre-ordered last night, and mine is arriving tomorrow.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
well point of post is because the standard 16 gb on verizons website etc is 650$ so im just curious as to this is obvious fake or something or scam since this listing is only selling for 518$ with free shipping.

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
well point of post is because the standard 16 gb on verizons website etc is 650$ so im just curious as to this is obvious fake or something or scam since this listing is only selling for 518$ with free shipping.

What does the guy's feedback look like? I seriously doubt he got it directly from FoxConn however.

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Based off the feedback.. It definitely seems legit. You'd be covered by Paypal and eBay if the auction went south so I'd actually take a chance. But that's just me.

*** Nevermind.. found the auction and shipping from overseas. You don't have much recourse if it goes south. Be careful!

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
think to be on safe side im going call paypal in morning and ebay just check everything. i rather miss out (claims he has multiples ) miss out and be safe then get it and be in bad situation i cant get out of.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it seems too good to be true...it probably is.

There's no reason to sell one of these devices for less than retail, regardless of how you sourced it...the demand is sky high. It's definitely a scam, and I don't even have to look at it.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
think to be on safe side im going call paypal in morning and ebay just check everything. i rather miss out (claims he has multiples ) miss out and be safe then get it and be in bad situation i cant get out of.

In my experience whether it be eBay, Craigslist, or life in general.....if it looks to good to be true, walk away.

People are making a killing on iPhone 6 plus and to a lesser degree the 6. And on eBay, people follow the curve in their pricing. This person has NO reason to sell for less than cost. That speaks for itself IMO. Caveat Emptor.

Edit. Sorry Sean I must have been typing while you were answering.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In my experience whether it be eBay, Craigslist, or life in general.....if it looks to good to be true, walk away.

People are making a killing on iPhone 6 plus and to a lesser degree the 6. And on eBay, people follow the curve in their pricing. This person has NO reason to sell for less than cost. That speaks for itself IMO. Caveat Emptor.

Edit. Sorry Sean I must have been typing while you were answering.

zsswNR3.gif

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm staying away from it. If someone can't offer you ime before you pay to check it to make sure isn't blacklisted etc probably not safe idea. I've sold a lot of phones on eBay in past never said no to giving the ime number, I think that's what it's called :-/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh