Protruding lense

GCMS

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the back lens protrudes a little that concerns me as I prefer to go without cases on my phone about that lens getting scratched when laying flat. Do y'all think that protruding lens will be a problem?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of others on here will bemoan me for speaking my mind but yes I do think it will be a problem for all those who prefer to have their phone caseless (I prefer mine cased). I honestly think that the phone could have been the thickness of the current iPhone 5/5S, incorporate a slightly larger battery and have the rear of the device flush with the lens. I just don't know why there is this rabid insistence that at least one dimension must be smaller than the previous iteration...

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
It will not be a problem at all unless you are OCD and need the phone to be laying perfectly flat on it's back, and if that's the case just put a slim case on it. Problem solved.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I know a lot of others on here will bemoan me for speaking my mind but yes I do think it will be a problem for all those who prefer to have their phone caseless (I prefer mine cased). I honestly think that the phone could have been the thickness of the current iPhone 5/5S, incorporate a slightly larger battery and have the rear of the device flush with the lens. I just don't know why there is this rabid insistence that at least one dimension must be smaller than the previous iteration...

Well put. I like the part about bigger battery, too.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the back lens protrudes a little that concerns me as I prefer to go without cases on my phone about that lens getting scratched when laying flat. Do y'all think that protruding lens will be a problem?

If you lay your phone on its back without a case, there will be wobble to it if you try to type on it during this. This has been demonstrated in various hands-on videos. The lens is covered in sapphire crystal so I wouldn't worry too heavily about scratching, however, I cannot make any guarantees.

GCMS

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
At work I do tend to type with my iPhone laying flat I didn't even think about the wobble issue. I guess I'll just have to put a slim case on it.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
At work I do tend to type with my iPhone laying flat I didn't even think about the wobble issue. I guess I'll just have to put a slim case on it.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411056671.087152.jpg

As an idea, I got the new Apple leather case yesterday. Feels great and VERY slim. Of course there's many cheaper options too.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it'll be a problem but I think the flush mount camera was one of the features that made the iPhone the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

runciter

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree 100%. Would rather it all be as thick as the lens so it lays flat and have the battery be larger for longer life.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I kinda think the protruding lens is cute maybe because it's coated with the gold color lol but I see where everyone else is coming from. I am worried it will scratch from laying down.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if because of the protruding lens that the built in level app is still accurate when put on a flat surface. Same goes for the power button now on the right side of the phone instead of being on top. Does that make the level useless?

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Is the camera lens itself perfectly flush with the surrounding metal ring or slightly recessed?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Makkiez

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
If not mistaken the lens is made of sapphire, and sapphire is nearly impossible to scratch. that's what people told me at least. So i take that you should be fine without a case. although most people recommend to get one just to be save :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit