OK people, time to start thinking about gearing up for camping out or waiting for hours

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It was quiet last year. However, police and security for the shopping center drove around regularly. News stations started showing up around 6am as well as other business' around the shopping center passing out free samples of their products. Like I said its a fun experience that I actually look forward to after last year.

That sounds quite nice. The Verizon store I go to is a pretty small one, which is part of the strategy in hoping that fewer people will flock there, but I'd love to have a store to go to with all of that!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Camp chair, books, umbrella (it may rain where I am located), iPad with full battery and iPod so I can listen to music:)

JeffAces28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So i have an iPhone 6+ 64gb coming in friday and my mom said I can use her upgrade also. Should I buy a gold 64gb iphone 6 and sell it. It would be available for friday delivery?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
So i have an iPhone 6+ 64gb coming in friday and my mom said I can use her upgrade also. Should I buy a gold 64gb iphone 6 and sell it. It would be available for friday delivery?

Probably not Friday delivery, because the regular 6 models are supposed to start shipping in 7-10 days, so it probably won't be there for at least a week.

NekoMichi

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
My first time camping out, aside from the usual food and water and umbrella I also loaded up my iPad with a couple of TV shows and installed an emulator with N64 Super Smash Bros and two wireless controllers* in case anyone else in the line was also looking forward to the Wii U and 3DS Super Smash Bros and was looking to play the older versions for nostalgia sake.

*If anyone's wondering, the emulator I use is RetroArch, which supports connecting multiple controllers via Bluetooth for multiplayer gaming on an iOS device.

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
There's gotta be lines forming now all over. C'mon people..pics!

I camped out for the iPhone 4 when it came out and although it was fun and a cool experience and I'm glad I did it...I would never do it again. I arrived around 3 and didn't walk out with iPhone in hand until around 5:00. :shudders: lol Even if Apple wasn't allowing pre orders....I would just order and when it arrives at my doorstep it arrives.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll take pictures of the line when I get there, but I'm not going until around midnight. That is, if there is a line at that point. I'm hoping to be first.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have my store pickup order confirmed for tomorrow but a good buddy of mine is rolling the dice and camping for a 6+ and I'm going to camp with him to keep him company. Planning to get to my local store between 11pm and midnight. Judging by the last two launches I've camped there the line doesnt really start piling up until 4am or so (for the 5S I got there at 2:30am and was 17th in line).

We're bringing folding chairs, some light snacks and reading materials (iPads). I've loaded up with Star Trek comics that I'm going to plow through over the 8ish hours of waiting. Plenty of casual games too. Likely keep a blanket in the car just in case since it's going down into the low 50's here in Jersey tonight. Bathroom facilities are the only issue here since it's a mall and it's closed - literally nothing nearby that's walkable. Either hold it or keep a cup/bottle in the car and try your best :)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have my store pickup order confirmed for tomorrow but a good buddy of mine is rolling the dice and camping for a 6+ and I'm going to camp with him to keep him company. Planning to get to my local store between 11pm and midnight. Judging by the last two launches I've camped there the line doesnt really start piling up until 4am or so (for the 5S I got there at 2:30am and was 17th in line).

We're bringing folding chairs, some light snacks and reading materials (iPads). I've loaded up with Star Trek comics that I'm going to plow through over the 8ish hours of waiting. Plenty of casual games too. Likely keep a blanket in the car just in case since it's going down into the low 50's here in Jersey tonight. Bathroom facilities are the only issue here since it's a mall and it's closed - literally nothing nearby that's walkable. Either hold it or keep a cup/bottle in the car and try your best :)

You'd think they would understand that people will be there regardless and plan accordingly... Try to see if there are an 24 hour stores in the area, you might be able to use their restrooms.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Good Luck!

Thank you!

I have the same issue, I don't believe there are any 24 hour stores nearby, so we'd probably just have to hold spots for each other and drive somewhere. The only other option, of course aside from holding it (which is my plan), is an empty bottle - but that's not an option for the ladies.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
To quote Jerry Rubin, on the topic of businesses who won't allow people to use their restrooms:

"If they're going to treat you like an animal, act like an animal: PEE ON THE FLOOR!!!"

That'll teach'em. ;)

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!

I have the same issue, I don't believe there are any 24 hour stores nearby, so we'd probably just have to hold spots for each other and drive somewhere. The only other option, of course aside from holding it (which is my plan), is an empty bottle - but that's not an option for the ladies.

Guys,

You want to talk about real innovation check out this poopy bag from japan for travel. You may need to pick this up on your way to the store.

Japanese innovation - shit bag - YouTube

A.B.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit