OK people, time to start thinking about gearing up for camping out or waiting for hours

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
What are you bringing with you to make the waiting more comfortable?

Since I'm sleeping at home and coming early morning, I'll have a thermos of coffee, some food because I hate the food court at the mall, my iPad fully charged and a battery pack with cable, wearing comfy clothes and shoes.

What are the practical or downright crazy items you'll be bringing for the long wait?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have tentatively decided to go between 12am and 3am Friday, so I'll take my iPad Mini loaded up with movies and a comfortable foldable chair. I'm trying to stick to the essentials so I'll have less to deal with. Although, thinking about it now, I might take some paracord to make some bracelets to pass the time as well.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have Netflix so I'm all set on movies. :D Kindle app and ibooks loaded. :D

Do people bring chairs when they just show up by morning or is it only people who camp out overnight?

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Leaving @ 10pm Thursday night. Bringing a foldable chair, MacBook with movies, charger (fingers crossed the one outlet is still open outside my store), some snacks, uno (best card game ever), and a light jacket (North Carolina). I'm ready!

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Do people bring chairs when they just show up by morning or is it only people who camp out overnight?

I'd bring a chair. The doors open at 8. That doesn't mean that you will get in any time soon if there is a long line in front of you.

Last edited:

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I have Netflix too but they still don't have an overwhelming number of quality movies, so taking along some from my iTunes collection is a necessity.

And yes, most people take a chair. The people who take nothing show up around a half hour to and hour before the store opens, thinking they'll be at the front of the line. :rolleyes:

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys every have any friends drop by with supplies or to give you a bathroom break?

A.B.

last year I made friends with people in line. It's the reason I wanted to camp out again. They held my spot last year. This year however I am going with a friend who is also upgrading.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
*adds chair to list* Thank you! :D

No problem.

Do you guys every have any friends drop by with supplies or to give you a bathroom break?

A.B.

I haven't seen it happen, but last year I arrived shortly after 5am and I was second in line and the first guy got there a few minutes before me, so it obviously wasn't nearly as crowded as it will be this year. But people are generally really cool about holding your spot while you go put the chair and stuff in your car right before the doors open, as I did. I'd assume the same for bathroom breaks but I didn't see anybody do that last year either. I certainly don't think you'd need a friend to come and hold your spot, though; I'm sure the people in line would be more than willing to hold your spot while you take care of business as they might need a favor in return before the morning's over.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
It sound like a Boy Scout campout. That does sound like a lot of fun. Have you had any body come by and start a fight because your inline waiting for the new iPhone? You know a*& Holes.

A.B.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It sound like a Boy Scout campout. That does sound like a lot of fun. Have you had any body come by and start a fight because your inline waiting for the new iPhone? You know a*& Holes.

A.B.

I'd imagine they'd get jumped by Apple fans and get the snot pounded outa them.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

A.B.

Never, but I have a concealed carry license so I'm not worried about that. That being said, we saw a drug deal go down while it was still dark, but that was as good as it got.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

A.B.

It was quiet last year. However, police and security for the shopping center drove around regularly. News stations started showing up around 6am as well as other business' around the shopping center passing out free samples of their products. Like I said its a fun experience that I actually look forward to after last year.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd imagine they'd get jumped by Apple fans and get the snot pounded outa them.
Actually didn't think about it. I had a friend who has an GS5 tell me how stupid people were to wait inline for the iPhone. I told him that he just does not understand because no one would wait inline for a Samsung products.

A.B.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Actually didn't think about it. I had a friend who has an GS5 tell me how stupid people were to wait inline for the iPhone. I told him that he just does not understand because no one would wait inline for a Samsung products.

A.B.

Bwaaahahahahaaaaa!!! Priceless. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro