Glass screen protector for the iPhone 6 or no?

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I am usually in areas that could be rough on a mobile. Between work, camping, or hiking I always get a good case and screen protector.

Both case and screen protector has saved me more times than I can think of. I always get crystal clear screen protectors and I can never tell they are on.

Below are the 2 brands I buy. I like iLLumiShield better because the screen protector is a little more exact and the customer services.

WP_20140918_14_15_12_Pro.jpg

below are pictures of the iPhone 6 screen protectors

WP_20140918_14_15_54_Pro.jpg

A.B.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Not to dissuade you from purchasing, but I've had my iPhone5 for 2 years now. I've never had a screen protector on the device (aside from when I had a waterproof case for vacation) and the phone has been dropped in every day life (like any normal phone for a college kid). I have some small (very small) dents and scuffs, but never had the screen crack. I have maybe a small scratch or two that are just about unnoticeable. And it seemed from the keynote that this screen will be even stronger than what was on the 5/5S

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Not to dissuade you from purchasing, but I've had my iPhone5 for 2 years now. I've never had a screen protector on the device (aside from when I had a waterproof case for vacation) and the phone has been dropped in every day life (like any normal phone for a college kid). I have some small (very small) dents and scuffs, but never had the screen crack. I have maybe a small scratch or two that are just about unnoticeable. And it seemed from the keynote that this screen will be even stronger than what was on the 5/5S

I am a retentive person and any small scratch on the screen annoys me. This prevents that, it is cheap, easy, and works great. I think why take the chance.

A.B.

Steph5555

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I came a cross Orzly glass screen protectors through youtube videos as the quality seemed very good, and I already got one, it looks great with curved glass. Will update more tomorrow when the iPhone 6 arrives.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I came a cross Orzly glass screen protectors through youtube videos as the quality seemed very good, and I already got one, it looks great with curved glass. Will update more tomorrow when the iPhone 6 arrives.

Can't find Orzly glass protector for the iPhone 6 available in the states.

A.B.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I love Zagg Glass. Have one on my GS5 & 5S & it feel like the screen. I never use to use one but I've dropped my phone running throughout the airport before & with all the traveling I do, I need that extra protection.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
This might sounds weird, but does anyone know if there are "protectors" for the back of the phone to protect the aluminum?

Not yet, but I'm still looking. I cut a section of a matte protector, meant for the aluminum portion of the back of the 5/5S, to cover the  logo. It looks crazy, but it doesn't show at all in my case. When I find a full back protector for the 6, I'll switch to just a bumper case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I love the screen by itself but after having the phone a day I realize the black is a finger print magnet! I forgot that's why I stopped getting black iPhones. Any suggestions?

This might sounds weird, but does anyone know if there are "protectors" for the back of the phone to protect the aluminum?

That's not weird, companies use to make them. Zagg for sure use to have full body protection but I'm not sure why they stopped that! Maybe it stopped selling as well.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Not yet, but I'm still looking. I cut a section of a matte protector, meant for the aluminum portion of the back of the 5/5S, to cover the  logo. It looks crazy, but it doesn't show at all in my case. When I find a full back protector for the 6, I'll switch to just a bumper case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same. I had an extra protector from my 5s so I just cut it and placed over the logo. Works fine for now.

rajeshr68

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Spigen Glas.TR Slim screen protector and have found that it is slightly narrower than the screen - i.e. not only does it not cover it from the left edge of the phone to the right, but also does not fully cover the display. Anyone else see this?

I guess I'll have to contact Spigen and see what they have to say.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
$35 ... ouch

It's pricey, but totally worth it.

I love Zagg Glass. Have one on my GS5 & 5S & it feel like the screen. I never use to use one but I've dropped my phone running throughout the airport before & with all the traveling I do, I need that extra protection.

Preach. I had Zagg Glass on the exact same two phones and couldn't have been happier.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the Spigen Glas.TR Slim screen protector and have found that it is slightly narrower than the screen - i.e. not only does it not cover it from the left edge of the phone to the right, but also does not fully cover the display. Anyone else see this?

I guess I'll have to contact Spigen and see what they have to say.
Same thing with the Zagg glass, and the Verizon branded ones I picked up. Guess they didn't know the exact dimensions of the screen and went a bit smaller, rather than larger. Also they tend to market them as "case friendly", and since many cases have a lip that comes in around the edge, if the protector went all the way to the edge there would be problems. Mine, even with a case, still has a border.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox