Anyone else getting Text messages AFTER shipment no notify a price increase in Mobile Value plan of $25 PER LINE ?

When I gave up my Unlimited plan few months ago and was switched to Share plan, I checked more than once that nothing would be affected when I would get the new iPhone 6 and they assured me I would just upgrade like normal and my plan would stay the same.
    Nothing was changed either during the check out as everything stayed the same , but the one time $40 upgrade fee per line.
    NOW they say price is going up $25 per line.
    Anyone else has this and how hard is it to fight ATT over this?
    09-17-2014 03:42 PM
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    jburke82 likes this.
    09-17-2014 05:08 PM
    Be patient. Not everyone here uses AT&T. Some people are heading home from work, picking up their kids, preparing dinner, etcetera. Your fellow members will respond at their convenience.
    09-17-2014 05:15 PM
    I'm Not on AT&T but Sprint will raise your plan by 15 dollars on there new plans with the new iPhone or any subsidized phone
    09-17-2014 05:22 PM
    I haven't received any indication that my plan is increasing. I'm on a 10 gb shared plan with AT&T.
    09-17-2014 05:26 PM
    Did you pay a subsidized price or full price or use a Next plan? The Mobile Share Value plans have a $40/month access fee if you purchased at a subsidized price with a two year contract. That $40 is reduced by $25 if you have the 10GB plan and pay full price or use Next. And it is reduced by $15 if you have <10GB plan and pay full price or use Next. Also, the one time $40 activation fee is only charged when you are upgrading with a subsidized contract plan not if you are paying full price or using Next. Since your ruined you were charged the $40 activation fee, I'm going to guess that you are on a subsidized phone 2 year contract plan, in which case the $40/month access charge is correct. Now whether you intended to sign up for the 2 year contract, I don't know.
    09-17-2014 05:39 PM
    I haven't received any indication that my plan is increasing. I'm on a 10 gb shared plan with AT&T.
    Same nothing appears to have changed on mine. I did an early upgrade (2year) subsidized after I learned it was the only way to get my 5s unlocked.
    09-17-2014 05:57 PM
    If you have plan under 8gb its $25 a line. Over 10gb its 15$ per line. 2 year contract is $40.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    09-17-2014 06:46 PM
    Did you call AT&T? I would be pissed if that happen to me.

A.B.
    09-17-2014 06:54 PM
    I spoke too soon, I JUST got it. I am on chat with them. And it sounds like they're doing their best to scam you into a next plan. They all seem to have a different story on unlocking the old phone, too.
    09-17-2014 07:04 PM
    This is their way to get people to commit into Next.
    Everyone who has the family value plan will be affected by this.

There's no way around it either.
    And as mentioned above they all give you a different story.

When I gave up the unlimited three months ago I specifically asked if anything will change when iPhone 6 comes out and they assured me that nothing will change.

It sucks that they're all trying to force people to pay more in their monthly payment , paying the full retail price without any discounts.

Hopefully enough people will call and complain and it makes a difference.

People need to stop signing up on Next. It's purely to the carriers advantage. Specially if you try to get out early and you have to surrender the phone you paid retail price for.
    09-17-2014 09:01 PM
    Yep, at the AT & T order page mentioned exactly this when I ordered my Iphone 6 last week. This was the deciding factor for me to order the phone full price vs. NEXT or 2 year contract. I am on a 20GB Mobile Share plan.

Ron
    09-17-2014 09:12 PM
    So is it going up just if you subsidized? I used Next. It makes sense if you subsidize for you to lose your shared data plan price. I thought the whole point of giving people the good price on the shared data was because you will no longer get a subsidized phone and will either have to pay up front or use Next to keep your same monthly rate.
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    09-17-2014 10:44 PM
    So is it going up just if you subsidized? I used Next. It makes sense if you subsidize for you to lose your shared data plan price. I thought the whole point of giving people the good price on the shared data was because you will no longer get a subsidized phone and will either have to pay up front or use Next to keep your same monthly rate.
    Yes, only goes up if you signed a new 2 year contract and received a subsidized phone. You still get the discount if you use NEXT or pay full price.
    09-17-2014 11:03 PM
    I haven't gotten any such message. My bro and I are sticking with our unlimited plans and contract pricing.
    09-17-2014 11:36 PM
    Sprint does the same thing and it's to give you a discount because your plan increases when you decide to pay for the phone in installments.
    09-18-2014 07:34 AM
    The issue with doing the full price phone is that they won't unlock your old phone til your current contract is up on it. So you're stuck with a locked phone and a full price unlocked phone.
    09-18-2014 08:36 AM
    The price will be $40 per line because you got a subsidized phone. As soon as you went with a subsidized phone you lost your share plan discount. You should have read the bottom more clearly. Also if you do the math you will realize that AT&T has to make some money off your contract. They can't just constantly subsidize your phones. When your subsidized plan is finished and you buy your next phone at full price or use Next you will receive another discount (theres no guarantee what it will be) and when they originally applied the discount from switching from your unlimited plan if you looked closely you will have understood that that guaranteed savings could disappear at any time. There was no agreement how long it would last. Obviously it was a cunning ploy to get people out of their grandfathered unlimited plans.
    09-18-2014 03:41 PM
    They do make money off my account. I don't recall ever having to pay more each month and commuting to a two year contract. This is the carriers greed and you're taking poor atts side ??
    When I signed with att mobile value plan guess what phone I was using. The iphone subsidized

They're just trying to force everyone into their crappy Next program
    ame likes this.
    09-18-2014 09:21 PM
    I got stuck with that too. I was paying for the 2GB plan just so I would be able to use the hotspot for my iPad and not have to worry about going over. I don't use that much on my iPhone... I was offered to downgrade to the 1GB plan for $25 and that should be fine for me. The problem is, they aren't allowing me to do it until the switch to the $40 plan is complete. I wonder how long that will take...

When I got the share plan, I specifically asked if it was the Next plan and I was told no. I was told that I could upgrade my phone when the contract was up and get a new 2 year contract with no additional cost. I should have known that it was too good to be true.
    09-19-2014 01:21 AM
    09-19-2014 01:34 AM
    The contract changes as soon as you get a new upgrade. So if you are getting the 6 or 6 plus as a 2 year upgrade you lose the share plan discount. Be it an early upgrade or the fully discounted upgrade. If you are already using a previous upgrade for the 5s and are still under the terms of the previous upgrade doing an early upgrade changes those terms to the current non discounted rate. However if you move to a NEXT plan under those same conditions the contracts simply overlap. You simply pay the phone in monthly increments with no loss in the discount from the share plan. Same for any NEXT customer.
    Last edited by Art H; 09-19-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    09-19-2014 01:53 AM
    I am still on an unlimited grandfather plan for the wife and I. I planned on using our upgrade in November for her to get an Iphone 6. sounds the increase is only on the shared plan. however has me little worried as AT&T can be little sneaky about things.
    09-19-2014 08:05 AM
    The biggest annoyance I have is that they won't unlock your old device if you bring your new one in full price. They keep your old one locked to an old contract term. So your new one, which you pay full price for, is unlocked, not on contract term, just added to your account, but your old one is still locked to the contract.
    09-19-2014 08:43 AM
    The biggest annoyance I have is that they won't unlock your old device if you bring your new one in full price. They keep your old one locked to an old contract term. So your new one, which you pay full price for, is unlocked, not on contract term, just added to your account, but your old one is still locked to the contract.
    It's because you are not done paying for the old contract yet. If you buy out the old contract then they will unlock it for you. As far as they are concerned you are still on your old contract; you just went out and bought another phone to utilize instead of your old one.

I bought mine and then upgraded; guess what? They unlocked my old one because I fully owned it. Your's is still being subsidized.
    09-19-2014 09:55 AM