Anyone else getting Text Message from AT&T after shipment

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else getting Text messages AFTER shipment no notify a price increase in Mobile Value plan of $25 PER LINE ?

When I gave up my Unlimited plan few months ago and was switched to Share plan, I checked more than once that nothing would be affected when I would get the new iPhone 6 and they assured me I would just upgrade like normal and my plan would stay the same.
Nothing was changed either during the check out as everything stayed the same , but the one time $40 upgrade fee per line.
NOW they say price is going up $25 per line.
Anyone else has this and how hard is it to fight ATT over this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Be patient. Not everyone here uses AT&T. Some people are heading home from work, picking up their kids, preparing dinner, etcetera. Your fellow members will respond at their convenience.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm Not on AT&T but Sprint will raise your plan by 15 dollars on there new plans with the new iPhone or any subsidized phone

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't received any indication that my plan is increasing. I'm on a 10 gb shared plan with AT&T.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received any indication that my plan is increasing. I'm on a 10 gb shared plan with AT&T.
Same nothing appears to have changed on mine. I did an early upgrade (2year) subsidized after I learned it was the only way to get my 5s unlocked.

yoshi351

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If you have plan under 8gb its $25 a line. Over 10gb its 15$ per line. 2 year contract is $40.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I spoke too soon, I JUST got it. I am on chat with them. And it sounds like they're doing their best to scam you into a next plan. They all seem to have a different story on unlocking the old phone, too.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
This is their way to get people to commit into Next.
Everyone who has the family value plan will be affected by this.

There's no way around it either.
And as mentioned above they all give you a different story.

When I gave up the unlimited three months ago I specifically asked if anything will change when iPhone 6 comes out and they assured me that nothing will change.

It sucks that they're all trying to force people to pay more in their monthly payment , paying the full retail price without any discounts.

Hopefully enough people will call and complain and it makes a difference.

People need to stop signing up on Next. It's purely to the carriers advantage. Specially if you try to get out early and you have to surrender the phone you paid retail price for.

raorth

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, at the AT & T order page mentioned exactly this when I ordered my Iphone 6 last week. This was the deciding factor for me to order the phone full price vs. NEXT or 2 year contract. I am on a 20GB Mobile Share plan.

Ron

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
So is it going up just if you subsidized? I used Next. It makes sense if you subsidize for you to lose your shared data plan price. I thought the whole point of giving people the good price on the shared data was because you will no longer get a subsidized phone and will either have to pay up front or use Next to keep your same monthly rate.

raorth

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
So is it going up just if you subsidized? I used Next. It makes sense if you subsidize for you to lose your shared data plan price. I thought the whole point of giving people the good price on the shared data was because you will no longer get a subsidized phone and will either have to pay up front or use Next to keep your same monthly rate.

Yes, only goes up if you signed a new 2 year contract and received a subsidized phone. You still get the discount if you use NEXT or pay full price.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I haven't gotten any such message. My bro and I are sticking with our unlimited plans and contract pricing.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Sprint does the same thing and it's to give you a discount because your plan increases when you decide to pay for the phone in installments.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The issue with doing the full price phone is that they won't unlock your old phone til your current contract is up on it. So you're stuck with a locked phone and a full price unlocked phone.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The price will be $40 per line because you got a subsidized phone. As soon as you went with a subsidized phone you lost your share plan discount. You should have read the bottom more clearly. Also if you do the math you will realize that AT&T has to make some money off your contract. They can't just constantly subsidize your phones. When your subsidized plan is finished and you buy your next phone at full price or use Next you will receive another discount (theres no guarantee what it will be) and when they originally applied the discount from switching from your unlimited plan if you looked closely you will have understood that that guaranteed savings could disappear at any time. There was no agreement how long it would last. Obviously it was a cunning ploy to get people out of their grandfathered unlimited plans.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
They do make money off my account. I don't recall ever having to pay more each month and commuting to a two year contract. This is the carriers greed and you're taking poor atts side ??
When I signed with att mobile value plan guess what phone I was using. The iphone subsidized

They're just trying to force everyone into their crappy Next program

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I got stuck with that too. I was paying for the 2GB plan just so I would be able to use the hotspot for my iPad and not have to worry about going over. I don't use that much on my iPhone... I was offered to downgrade to the 1GB plan for $25 and that should be fine for me. The problem is, they aren't allowing me to do it until the switch to the $40 plan is complete. I wonder how long that will take...

When I got the share plan, I specifically asked if it was the Next plan and I was told no. I was told that I could upgrade my phone when the contract was up and get a new 2 year contract with no additional cost. I should have known that it was too good to be true.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234