iPhone 6 Bumper Thread

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Let me start this thread off. I started using bumpers with my iPhone 5s and absolutely love how minimalistic it feels but still gives me enough drop protection.
I ordered two bumpers last Fri just after I ordered my iP6.
The two I ordered were the Spigen Neo Hybrid EX and the Poetic Borderline Bumper. I have already received both from Amazon.
I'll probably be using the Spigen because the Lightning port cutout is big enough to fit the bulky Monoprice lighting cable I have in my car. The Poetic Lightning opening looks to be too small for that.

One thing that I did last year when I started using bumpers with my iPhone 5s was using a BestSkinsEver matte skin on the back to prevent scratches. Since the metal back is so prone to scratching I would HIGHLY advise this. Since it is a wet install, it goes on perfect without bubbles and stays on. Once on you don't even know it unless you really look.
I have already ordered my set of skins and will be getting those a few days after launch

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I forgot about best skins ever. I'm holding off on buying anything until I actually get one of them, but that's where I'll be looking. I did buy a bumper case for the 6+ though.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Well after trying the Spigen and the Poetic bumpers I have settled on the Poetic for now until I find something better.
The Spigen has some production issues that make the buttons very difficult to use. They addressed this with a proactive email that they sent out saying that they are shipping spacers to fix that issue. We'll see.

The Poetic is a little better but would like something with better button feel.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I received the urethane shims for the Spigen case. They completely resolve the mushy button issue. THe problem I have now with this case is that it's really slippery. It's a two piece design with the outermost part being hard plastic. Combine that with the larger footprint of the phone in the hand and it's a disaster waiting to happen. Too bad because it's a really nice looking case.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
bumpers are typically just on the outside edge and don't have any back. i like them because it gives you a grip able edge and a lip on the top to keep the top glass raised off a surface when placing face down.

any kind of back adds bulk that the bumper doesn't have. the frame around the camera implies that there is a back on the case.

the reason I'm asking about it is i haven't found a good bumper in store so ordering online can be risky as you can't see it in person. so just trying to learn every detail about cases and bumpers that others like in search for the perfect case or bumper for me.

cheers.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2