did I make a mistake going for the 6 over the 6 plus?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm a guy and not worried about it being in my pockets at all. I'm a back pocket carrier. I also have a bag on my person 9 times out of 10. Normally for school but also as a future nurse. Can't carry everything I need in my pockets.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a guy and not worried about it being in my pockets at all. I'm a back pocket carrier. I also have a bag on my person 9 times out of 10. Normally for school but also as a future nurse. Can't carry everything I need in my pockets.

Future nurse? Good for you man I have a couple buddies in the field and 1 buddy doing clinicals now. Awesome career choice!

As for fitting in pockets, the 6+ will be fine in most. More noticeable? Sure. But certainly doable as a tradeoff for what you get.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well I didn't reorder anything yet because I don't have my upgrade freed up yet from the canceled order

I'm not saying this to discourage you or poke any more fun. You really should just wait for the release of both phones and at least just go to a store and play with the display models to see what you have a better feel for. Otherwise you'll just be stuck in making spontaneous purchases that you're not sure of.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Future nurse? Good for you man I have a couple buddies in the field and 1 buddy doing clinicals now. Awesome career choice!

As for fitting in pockets, the 6+ will be fine in most. More noticeable? Sure. But certainly doable as a tradeoff for what you get.

Doing the clinical thing as well. Scrubs are the attire for the rest of my working life, and those pockets can fit/hide quite a bit. Lol.

I also agree that Friday will be here soon and I'm going to try and at least touch the both of them. That way when I do make a decision, it's the right decision for me.

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I think the iPhone 6 is the more appropriately sized device between the two. I owned a Galaxy Note 3 for awhile and found it was too big for everyday things. Don't get me wrong the size was nice when I bought it but I quickly started realizing how inconveniencing it was. I couldn't easily fit it into shorts when I went running, I had to take it out of my pockets when I wore jeans and sat down, and it was a no-go it tight khaki shorts.

I don't even wear small clothes since I'm 6'1 but it was still pretty taxing.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying this to discourage you or poke any more fun. You really should just wait for the release of both phones and at least just go to a store and play with the display models to see what you have a better feel for. Otherwise you'll just be stuck in making spontaneous purchases that you're not sure of.

Well, here's what I have planned out. After going through about 2 hours of hell at the art and apple store to try and eligibility freed up, I'm going to try and get to the Apple store early on Friday and see if I can play with demo units. And if I decide to still go with the 6, try and snag one or the plus on launch day. I still think I'm gonna favor the 6, but at this point I should play with both just to be sure. If I can't get something on Friday, I'll just order and get it when I get it.

The issue was that because the order was canceled, and art still has it counting as my upgrade, I know have to either see if it gets restarted on its own or talk to some special art apple rep that will be at the store on Friday. If I just kept the order then just did a return when it arrived, it would be a lot easier. But now my upgrade is stuck in this stupid limbo between apples online store and art. Again, my hope is by Friday it will fix itself.

cycy123

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
i had the same thought. Just feel like I'm stupid if i don't get the better spec, but I really don't like the size of 6+, too big for me.

So, I pre-ordered the 6, because I think if I really wanna take good pic, I won't use smartphone, and if I use the phone to take pic, so far I'm ok
with the 5S and S3 camera.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Well, here's what I have planned out. After going through about 2 hours of hell at the art and apple store to try and eligibility freed up, I'm going to try and get to the Apple store early on Friday and see if I can play with demo units. And if I decide to still go with the 6, try and snag one or the plus on launch day. I still think I'm gonna favor the 6, but at this point I should play with both just to be sure. If I can't get something on Friday, I'll just order and get it when I get it.

The issue was that because the order was canceled, and art still has it counting as my upgrade, I know have to either see if it gets restarted on its own or talk to some special art apple rep that will be at the store on Friday. If I just kept the order then just did a return when it arrived, it would be a lot easier. But now my upgrade is stuck in this stupid limbo between apples online store and art. Again, my hope is by Friday it will fix itself.

They'll fix your issue in store when you go to purchase it. But you create your own headaches with all this worrying. Iphone 6's will be super easy to find going forward. It's the Plus that won't. You're not going to have time to play around with demo units on Friday morning because there's a huge *** line. Your goal should be simple. Get there early and get a Plus. If you don't like it later, then exchange it for an iphone 6.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I think the iPhone 6 is the more appropriately sized device between the two. I owned a Galaxy Note 3 for awhile and found it was too big for everyday things. Don't get me wrong the size was nice when I bought it but I quickly started realizing how inconveniencing it was. I couldn't easily fit it into shorts when I went running, I had to take it out of my pockets when I wore jeans and sat down, and it was a no-go it tight khaki shorts.

I don't even wear small clothes since I'm 6'1 but it was still pretty taxing.

This! One thousand times this! Except I don't do the shorts thing.

I am a big guy, with big hands yet I still hated my Note 3 for the sheer ridiculous size of the thing (oh and the incredibly flaky OS but that's by the by). It was like holding a brick to my ear. The iPhone 6+ is taller yet slightly narrower.

iPhone 6+ = 6.22 x 3.06 x 0.28 inches (158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm)

Note 3 = 5.95 x 3.12 x 0.33 inches (151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Apple iPhone 6 Plus - Phone specs comparison

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
They'll fix your issue in store when you go to purchase it. But you create your own headaches with all this worrying. Iphone 6's will be super easy to find going forward. It's the Plus that won't. You're not going to have time to play around with demo units on Friday morning because there's a huge *** line. Your goal should be simple. Get there early and get a Plus. If you don't like it later, then exchange it for an iphone 6.

Honestly I just can't see myself liking the size of the plus. While it would be cool to have something that could replace a mini tablet, I'm just thinking it's not going to be portable enough.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2