did I make a mistake going for the 6 over the 6 plus?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting till I can see and touch the 6 and 6 Plus on Friday.

Definitely am upgrading -- kidded myself for a bit that I'd wait for the 6s.

Tentatively the 6 makes more sense, but it may be that the 6 Plus blows us all away.

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If you really want to get a perfect size comparison for the 6, go find an HTC One M7 (the original). The dimensions are nearly identical down to the screen size.

And this is EXACTLY why I want an iPhone 6 4.7". I have an HTC One M7 as well as my iPhone 5s and the M7 really is the sweet spot in screen size for me.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm gonna just go to a apple store or something this weekend and see if I can okay around with them. I still think ill like the 6 more, but well see .

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how I feel about dropping 800 bucks on a new phone when mine is working fine right now.

This is the real question you should ask yourself. It's fine to be a tech geek but how badly will dropping $800 affect your wallet. If money is no problem, buy both and go from there.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
At ease. The 6 plus looks like an awesome phone, but not everyone is in the market for a phablet sized device.

Learn to recognize sarcasm a little better ... In reality get the phone that suites you best. This style of question, and the appropriate answer have been exhausted beyond comprehension ...

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know RavenSword prior to this thread but is there a reason people are being an *** to him? He come in trying to get advice and gets jumped? If these forums aren't for advice then why are we here?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know RavenSword prior to this thread but is there a reason people are being an *** to him? He come in trying to get advice and gets jumped? If these forums aren't for advice then why are we here?

I personally have nothing at all against the OP and I would imagine no one commenting does either. The issue is the type of question. How can anyone here possibly know if the OP made a mistake in his/her choice? A choice that is purely subjective and comes down to personal wants and needs that only the OP can place value on. Right now, the forums are flooded with these types of crowd-sourced affirmation questions.
"Should I get the 6 or the 6+?"
"Should I wait in line or preorder?"
"Should I get the 6 or wait for the 6S?"
"Should I get the 6+ or the Note 4?"

These are questions that just cannot be answered by our members and given such, I think some are about at their breaking point. There comes a time when someone simply needs to sit down, do their homework, think things through as they relate to themselves, and make a decision. Now, if someone seeks advice that transcends beyond personal needs and opinions? Then yes, absolutely, the forums are here to serve that need.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I personally have nothing at all against the OP and I would imagine no one commenting does either. The issue is the type of question. How can anyone here possibly know if the OP made a mistake in his/her choice? A choice that is purely subjective and comes down to personal wants and needs that only the OP can place value on. Right now, the forums are flooded with these types of crowd-sourced affirmation questions.
"Should I get the 6 or the 6+?"
"Should I wait in line or preorder?"
"Should I get the 6 or wait for the 6S?"
"Should I get the 6+ or the Note 4?"

These are questions that just cannot be answered by our members and given such, I think some are about at their breaking point. There comes a time when someone simply needs to sit down, do their homework, think things through as they relate to themselves, and make a decision. Now, if someone seeks advice that transcends beyond personal needs and opinions? Then yes, absolutely, the forums are here to serve that need.

Word.
Maybe I am reading into things too much. For me it's easy. 6+ is too big, not just too big, it's silly big. And not worth it for the OIS or the better battery. I'll get the iPhone 6 when the time is right and enjoy using my phone with one hand and carrying my phone without it being a burden. I used the Note 2 (slightly smaller than the iPhone 6+) after about 2 weeks it was clear I had made a huge mistake (literally). I think quite a few people will be in this same position if the iPhone 6+ is their first phablet device. A big phone seems cool on paper, real world use isn't so great. And of course this is MY experience/opinion.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Word.
Maybe I am reading into things too much. For me it's easy. 6+ is too big, not just too big, it's silly big. And not worth it for the OIS or the better battery. I'll get the iPhone 6 when the time is right and enjoy using my phone with one hand and carrying my phone without it being a burden. I used the Note 2 (slightly smaller than the iPhone 6+) after about 2 weeks it was clear I had made a huge mistake (literally). I think quite a few people will be in this same position if the iPhone 6+ is their first phablet device. A big phone seems cool on paper, real world use isn't so great. And of course this is MY experience/opinion.

That is where I am leaning as well. I am torn because I would like the 1080p, OIS, and this 2-day battery life that is being experienced in the week-long reviews coming out. I would also love that big 5.5" screen when I am sitting down using the phone. But, I am a one-handed user as well and that is where the 6 pulls me in. I want to maintain one-handed use, ease of fit in my clothes, etc. I wouldn't have to change my daily use at all with the 6. I'm going to try both out first before making a decision though. There is only so much I can tell from watching videos and messing around with templates :)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Word.

Yep. I'm small and I have small hands, using my Note 3 felt like navigating the Queen Elizabeth II on a duck pond. The 6 is totally the sweet spot for me. From speaking with a tech savvy friend of mine, it may be that the battery life will be fine: it is a smaller device. So, maybe not stellar, but ok. I'm good with that. Also, it will probably be faster than the 6 plus because while it is smaller, both devices have the same processor. But only using it for a few days will clench it.

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 6 + you'll need to get use too. I don't recommend guys get it as why would you want to put something so bulky in your pocket. For girls it's much more practical as we can store it in our purse...