did I make a mistake going for the 6 over the 6 plus?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, even though the 6 plus has a better battery and camera, I couldn't really get over the size of the thing. I still like to do something's one handed with the device , and from what I've experienced with the LG G3 the device size doesn't fit comfortably in my jeans pocket.

But as a tech geek I feel weird not going with the better specced device. It really came down to usability over specs I guess.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, even though the 6 plus has a better battery and camera, I couldn't really get over the size of the thing. I still like to do something's one handed with the device , and from what I've experienced with the LG G3 the device size doesn't fit comfortably in my jeans pocket.

But as a tech geek I feel weird not going with the better specced device. It really came down to usability over specs I guess.

The iPhone 6 should be really easy to deal with especially if you like to use your phone with one hand. The iPhone 6 is the same size screen as the Moto X from 2013 and was hands down perhaps the best device to use one handed last year. I don't think you made a bad choice and the iPhone 5S camera was still the all round best one around without OIS so you are not giving up too much. In my case the Nokia devices have spoiled me with their awesome camera/software but the iPhone is no slouch in that department either so I think you will be fine.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 6 should be really easy to deal with especially if you like to use your phone with one hand. The iPhone 6 is the same size screen as the Moto X from 2013 and was hands down perhaps the best device to use one handed last year. I don't think you made a bad choice and the iPhone 5S camera was still the all round best one around without OIS so you are not giving up too much. In my case the Nokia devices have spoiled me with their awesome camera/software but the iPhone is no slouch in that department either so I think you will be fine.

Yeah, my main thing I was giving up I think was a better battery. So, well see how the 6 holds up.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, a tech savvy friend of mine did point out that while some specs may appear better with the Plus, the 6 being smaller with the same processor will be faster.

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
No you should be excited for the 6 and don't question your decision. I'll break down the supposed 3 spec upgrades on the 6 Plus compared to the 6..

1. Screen resolution... In all the hands on the difference between the 2 are not even noticeable to the naked eye. The 4.7" screen does not need 1080P, all it would do is drain the battery quicker.

2. Battery life... Either way you will need to charge both phones or top them off once a day if you use them with any regularity. Even more so with the Plus because you will be tempted to watch more videos, etc on it because of the larger screen therefore draining the battery quicker. Besides, my iPhone 5's battery is fine and the 6 is even better so I'm satisfied.

3. Camera... So the Plus has IOS and yes that is a nice feature but to be honest my 5 took amazing pictures and once again Apple has improved it even further with the 6. And if I am going on vacation or somewhere where I want amazing pics I have my Sony NEX-6 for that.

In summary, these small improvements over the 6 is not worth giving up portability, better pocketability, better one handed use and just a better overall feel in the hand. The size of the 4.7 seems to be the sweet spot IMO when it comes to a phone and everyday use. I have my iPad Air when I need a "big" screen.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

The way to decide if you got the wrong device is to get a coin and assign heads to one of the iPhone 6 models and tails to the other. Then flip it high into the air. Before it lands, you will instinctively know which way you want it to land, either heads or tails. Your subconscious 'gut instinct' is never wrong in matters like this.

At the end of the day though. Yes you weren't definitely wrong, no absolutely yes never. Are we clear?

By this I mean, we don't really know if it was the wrong one for you at all as we do not know you outside of these forums. Maybe it would be better to ask a real life friend or family member who actually knows the real you, rather than complete strangers, some in completely different countries.

Last edited:

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

You absolutely made a mistake!

numb3rmonkey

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
In terms of dimensions I would compare the Nexus 5 dimensions with the 6 as they are pretty much an exact fit. I had the Nexus 5 and it was the perfect fit for my hands and my pockets. The screen is 4.95 inches so with the 6 I lose the Nexus 5's status bar which is not a deal breaker to me. Get your hands on a Nexus 5 for sizing.

The 6 Plus is taller than the LG3 and is more comparable to the OnePlus One.

Apple iPhone 6 vs Google Nexus 5 - Visual phone size compare

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's a question that isn't fair to pose seeing as none of us have used either of the two to give you a fair answer on.

The great thing about it is that if you feel you made a mistake (or if we convince you, which seems what you're looking for), then you can just exchange the thing. Or get an Android device. Or a Windows device. I don't know. Something.

ben182tx

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Part of me is having the same dilemma, but in reverse...I ordered the 6 Plus and keep thinking I should have gotten the 6

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Part of me is having the same dilemma, but in reverse...I ordered the 6 Plus and keep thinking I should have gotten the 6

You always have 14 days to return and supplies are better with the 6 so the wait won't be bad if you decide to go that route.

AvgGuyFL

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. Pre-ordered the 6 Plus, but am afraid it's too big. Just waiting now for it to arrive to test. At least we can return for the 4.7 which I think will be more available than the 5.5 hopefully.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen