Hell's Yeah! you made a mistake, have fun with your small phone ...
    At ease. The 6 plus looks like an awesome phone, but not everyone is in the market for a phablet sized device.
    09-17-2014 12:17 PM
    At ease. The 6 plus looks like an awesome phone, but not everyone is in the market for a phablet sized device.
    Learn to recognize sarcasm a little better ... In reality get the phone that suites you best. This style of question, and the appropriate answer have been exhausted beyond comprehension ...
    09-17-2014 12:26 PM
    Learn to recognize sarcasm a little better ... In reality get the phone that suites you best. This style of question, and the appropriate answer have been exhausted beyond comprehension ...
    My apologies. I absolutely agree with you. On both fronts.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-17-2014 12:50 PM
    I don't know RavenSword prior to this thread but is there a reason people are being an *** to him? He come in trying to get advice and gets jumped? If these forums aren't for advice then why are we here?
    09-17-2014 01:02 PM
    I don't know RavenSword prior to this thread but is there a reason people are being an *** to him? He come in trying to get advice and gets jumped? If these forums aren't for advice then why are we here?
    I personally have nothing at all against the OP and I would imagine no one commenting does either. The issue is the type of question. How can anyone here possibly know if the OP made a mistake in his/her choice? A choice that is purely subjective and comes down to personal wants and needs that only the OP can place value on. Right now, the forums are flooded with these types of crowd-sourced affirmation questions.
    "Should I get the 6 or the 6+?"
    "Should I wait in line or preorder?"
    "Should I get the 6 or wait for the 6S?"
    "Should I get the 6+ or the Note 4?"

These are questions that just cannot be answered by our members and given such, I think some are about at their breaking point. There comes a time when someone simply needs to sit down, do their homework, think things through as they relate to themselves, and make a decision. Now, if someone seeks advice that transcends beyond personal needs and opinions? Then yes, absolutely, the forums are here to serve that need.
    Not Quite Right and brett_f like this.
    09-17-2014 01:35 PM
    I personally have nothing at all against the OP and I would imagine no one commenting does either. The issue is the type of question. How can anyone here possibly know if the OP made a mistake in his/her choice? A choice that is purely subjective and comes down to personal wants and needs that only the OP can place value on. Right now, the forums are flooded with these types of crowd-sourced affirmation questions.
    "Should I get the 6 or the 6+?"
    "Should I wait in line or preorder?"
    "Should I get the 6 or wait for the 6S?"
    "Should I get the 6+ or the Note 4?"

These are questions that just cannot be answered by our members and given such, I think some are about at their breaking point. There comes a time when someone simply needs to sit down, do their homework, think things through as they relate to themselves, and make a decision. Now, if someone seeks advice that transcends beyond personal needs and opinions? Then yes, absolutely, the forums are here to serve that need.
    Word.
    Maybe I am reading into things too much. For me it's easy. 6+ is too big, not just too big, it's silly big. And not worth it for the OIS or the better battery. I'll get the iPhone 6 when the time is right and enjoy using my phone with one hand and carrying my phone without it being a burden. I used the Note 2 (slightly smaller than the iPhone 6+) after about 2 weeks it was clear I had made a huge mistake (literally). I think quite a few people will be in this same position if the iPhone 6+ is their first phablet device. A big phone seems cool on paper, real world use isn't so great. And of course this is MY experience/opinion.
    09-17-2014 01:41 PM
    Word.
    Maybe I am reading into things too much. For me it's easy. 6+ is too big, not just too big, it's silly big. And not worth it for the OIS or the better battery. I'll get the iPhone 6 when the time is right and enjoy using my phone with one hand and carrying my phone without it being a burden. I used the Note 2 (slightly smaller than the iPhone 6+) after about 2 weeks it was clear I had made a huge mistake (literally). I think quite a few people will be in this same position if the iPhone 6+ is their first phablet device. A big phone seems cool on paper, real world use isn't so great. And of course this is MY experience/opinion.
    That is where I am leaning as well. I am torn because I would like the 1080p, OIS, and this 2-day battery life that is being experienced in the week-long reviews coming out. I would also love that big 5.5" screen when I am sitting down using the phone. But, I am a one-handed user as well and that is where the 6 pulls me in. I want to maintain one-handed use, ease of fit in my clothes, etc. I wouldn't have to change my daily use at all with the 6. I'm going to try both out first before making a decision though. There is only so much I can tell from watching videos and messing around with templates
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    09-17-2014 01:50 PM
    Word.
    Yep. I'm small and I have small hands, using my Note 3 felt like navigating the Queen Elizabeth II on a duck pond. The 6 is totally the sweet spot for me. From speaking with a tech savvy friend of mine, it may be that the battery life will be fine: it is a smaller device. So, maybe not stellar, but ok. I'm good with that. Also, it will probably be faster than the 6 plus because while it is smaller, both devices have the same processor. But only using it for a few days will clench it.
    09-17-2014 02:00 PM
    Lol @ he canceled and reordered all in the same thread.
    Well I didn't reorder anything yet because I don't have my upgrade freed up yet from the canceled order
    09-17-2014 04:04 PM
    iPhone 6 + you'll need to get use too. I don't recommend guys get it as why would you want to put something so bulky in your pocket. For girls it's much more practical as we can store it in our purse...
    09-17-2014 05:16 PM
    I'm a guy and not worried about it being in my pockets at all. I'm a back pocket carrier. I also have a bag on my person 9 times out of 10. Normally for school but also as a future nurse. Can't carry everything I need in my pockets.
    09-17-2014 05:38 PM
    I'm a guy and not worried about it being in my pockets at all. I'm a back pocket carrier. I also have a bag on my person 9 times out of 10. Normally for school but also as a future nurse. Can't carry everything I need in my pockets.
    Future nurse? Good for you man I have a couple buddies in the field and 1 buddy doing clinicals now. Awesome career choice!

As for fitting in pockets, the 6+ will be fine in most. More noticeable? Sure. But certainly doable as a tradeoff for what you get.
    zachpenguin likes this.
    09-17-2014 06:31 PM
    Well I didn't reorder anything yet because I don't have my upgrade freed up yet from the canceled order
    I'm not saying this to discourage you or poke any more fun. You really should just wait for the release of both phones and at least just go to a store and play with the display models to see what you have a better feel for. Otherwise you'll just be stuck in making spontaneous purchases that you're not sure of.
    09-17-2014 06:33 PM
    you order the right size mobile. Now move on.

A.B.
    09-17-2014 06:38 PM
    Future nurse? Good for you man I have a couple buddies in the field and 1 buddy doing clinicals now. Awesome career choice!

As for fitting in pockets, the 6+ will be fine in most. More noticeable? Sure. But certainly doable as a tradeoff for what you get.
    Doing the clinical thing as well. Scrubs are the attire for the rest of my working life, and those pockets can fit/hide quite a bit. Lol.

I also agree that Friday will be here soon and I'm going to try and at least touch the both of them. That way when I do make a decision, it's the right decision for me.
    09-17-2014 07:05 PM
    I think the iPhone 6 is the more appropriately sized device between the two. I owned a Galaxy Note 3 for awhile and found it was too big for everyday things. Don't get me wrong the size was nice when I bought it but I quickly started realizing how inconveniencing it was. I couldn't easily fit it into shorts when I went running, I had to take it out of my pockets when I wore jeans and sat down, and it was a no-go it tight khaki shorts.

I don't even wear small clothes since I'm 6'1 but it was still pretty taxing.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    09-17-2014 08:13 PM
    I'm not saying this to discourage you or poke any more fun. You really should just wait for the release of both phones and at least just go to a store and play with the display models to see what you have a better feel for. Otherwise you'll just be stuck in making spontaneous purchases that you're not sure of.
    Well, here's what I have planned out. After going through about 2 hours of hell at the art and apple store to try and eligibility freed up, I'm going to try and get to the Apple store early on Friday and see if I can play with demo units. And if I decide to still go with the 6, try and snag one or the plus on launch day. I still think I'm gonna favor the 6, but at this point I should play with both just to be sure. If I can't get something on Friday, I'll just order and get it when I get it.

The issue was that because the order was canceled, and art still has it counting as my upgrade, I know have to either see if it gets restarted on its own or talk to some special art apple rep that will be at the store on Friday. If I just kept the order then just did a return when it arrived, it would be a lot easier. But now my upgrade is stuck in this stupid limbo between apples online store and art. Again, my hope is by Friday it will fix itself.
    09-17-2014 08:37 PM
    i had the same thought. Just feel like I'm stupid if i don't get the better spec, but I really don't like the size of 6+, too big for me.

So, I pre-ordered the 6, because I think if I really wanna take good pic, I won't use smartphone, and if I use the phone to take pic, so far I'm ok
    with the 5S and S3 camera.
    09-17-2014 08:59 PM
    Well, here's what I have planned out. After going through about 2 hours of hell at the art and apple store to try and eligibility freed up, I'm going to try and get to the Apple store early on Friday and see if I can play with demo units. And if I decide to still go with the 6, try and snag one or the plus on launch day. I still think I'm gonna favor the 6, but at this point I should play with both just to be sure. If I can't get something on Friday, I'll just order and get it when I get it.

The issue was that because the order was canceled, and art still has it counting as my upgrade, I know have to either see if it gets restarted on its own or talk to some special art apple rep that will be at the store on Friday. If I just kept the order then just did a return when it arrived, it would be a lot easier. But now my upgrade is stuck in this stupid limbo between apples online store and art. Again, my hope is by Friday it will fix itself.
    They'll fix your issue in store when you go to purchase it. But you create your own headaches with all this worrying. Iphone 6's will be super easy to find going forward. It's the Plus that won't. You're not going to have time to play around with demo units on Friday morning because there's a huge *** line. Your goal should be simple. Get there early and get a Plus. If you don't like it later, then exchange it for an iphone 6.
    09-18-2014 08:22 AM
    What makes you think you made a mistake going for the 6 over the 6 plus?
    09-18-2014 11:04 AM
    I think the iPhone 6 is the more appropriately sized device between the two. I owned a Galaxy Note 3 for awhile and found it was too big for everyday things. Don't get me wrong the size was nice when I bought it but I quickly started realizing how inconveniencing it was. I couldn't easily fit it into shorts when I went running, I had to take it out of my pockets when I wore jeans and sat down, and it was a no-go it tight khaki shorts.

I don't even wear small clothes since I'm 6'1 but it was still pretty taxing.
    This! One thousand times this! Except I don't do the shorts thing.

I am a big guy, with big hands yet I still hated my Note 3 for the sheer ridiculous size of the thing (oh and the incredibly flaky OS but that's by the by). It was like holding a brick to my ear. The iPhone 6+ is taller yet slightly narrower.

iPhone 6+ = 6.22 x 3.06 x 0.28 inches (158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm)

Note 3 = 5.95 x 3.12 x 0.33 inches (151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Apple iPhone 6 Plus - Phone specs comparison
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    09-18-2014 11:14 AM
    They'll fix your issue in store when you go to purchase it. But you create your own headaches with all this worrying. Iphone 6's will be super easy to find going forward. It's the Plus that won't. You're not going to have time to play around with demo units on Friday morning because there's a huge *** line. Your goal should be simple. Get there early and get a Plus. If you don't like it later, then exchange it for an iphone 6.
    Honestly I just can't see myself liking the size of the plus. While it would be cool to have something that could replace a mini tablet, I'm just thinking it's not going to be portable enough.
    09-18-2014 03:54 PM
72 123