Apple to go back to a smaller size??

imezru

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I love the size of the 5s I currently own but am thinking about getting the 6.

Do you guys think Apple will go back to a phone design that will be smaller than the 6?? Or are we living in a world where "bigger is better" and they'll stay the course of the smartphone world?

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't held them so take this with a grain of salt but from what I've read, there's not much noticeable difference between the 5S and the 6. its just an extra 0.7 inches. you'll hardly notice it except that the screen will be a bit easier to read.

now me, I ordered the 6 plus, but then I'm visually impaired. whatever pocket issues I run into will be preferable since I'll be able to use the phone much more easily now. no more squinting and straining my eyes and still often just having to give up and let Siri read to me, or use apples clunky zoom feature. (albeit that clunkiness is less so in iOS8)

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

Do you guys think Apple will go back to a phone design that will be smaller than the 6?? Or are we living in a world where "bigger is better" and they'll stay the course of the smartphone world?

The phone's not even out yet. Wait until you see and feel the 6 in person.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

The iPod used to have three product lines, so maybe they will refresh the 4 inch iPhone next year, or they might not.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea what plans or thoughts are going through their collective heads. Based on my cardboard cutouts, there isn't much size difference in the 5s and 6. Much less than I anticipated there being. I think we'll see them stay at 4.7 and 5.5 for at least one more cycle. Next year, we'll see if they keep the 5s and/or 5c (maybe updated with TouchID and A7 processor??) as lower cost options with the 4"screen or drop them completely. If the mix still skews greatly to the 4" screen, maybe they do something for the iPhone 7. Who knows. Also, if they find a way to cut down much of the bezel, we could potentially end up with a 4.7 that is nearly identical in size the the 5s. Who knows what the future holds.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
What ever Apple will do, it will sell. May not be the norm. but either way people out there may want something smaller.. But right now the "fad" is big devices........

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
No. The majority of people want a big screen phone which is why Apple made two new models. Honestly 4.7" isn't THAT big....

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

I just looked in my crystal ball and pulled out my tarot cards. The answer is no.

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is big phones are here to stay for a long time. If anything I can see Apple keeping the same sizes but with less bezel in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice