I never ever thought in a million years that I'd ever go back to iPhone but I just did.
    I JUST PREORDERED AN IPHONE 6 SPACE GRAY 128GB!!!
    And I'll be picking it up on Friday.

I was all set to get a 6 plus but after playing with my busted old Note 3 I decided to go smaller even though the main reason for my switching is my eyesight. I am counting on Apple's famous sharpness and crispness. If it doesn't workout, I can always exchange it for a plus.

I. Can't. Believe. I. Just. Did. This.
    My husband will bust a gut laughing at me (so... You were NEVAH going back to iPhone, huh?)

What have I done??? Somebody tell me I did the right thing...
    09-16-2014 03:11 AM
    You did, I keep moving to Android but always come back. It's where I being lol

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    AB Lambert and luvesuga like this.
    09-16-2014 03:25 AM
    Same here but now that larger screens are here I think I'm done with android for good
    09-16-2014 03:33 AM
    Well done. You did the right thing
    09-16-2014 03:33 AM
    Same here but now that larger screens are here I think I'm done with android for good
    Yes, I know many people who used Androids because of the screens. Apple must have bitten a huge chunk off of that market.
    09-16-2014 03:50 AM
    Congrats, enjoy.
    09-16-2014 03:57 AM
    With the larger screen iPhone you're going to see a lot of android users switching over.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 05:06 AM
    Blackberry users too. Since Blackberry 10 unfortunately was a flop, I was choosing between apple and android and went with apple. Feel like I made the best decision. If apple didn't increase the screen size of their phones, no doubt I would of bought an android phone.
    09-16-2014 05:35 AM
    Ill be going with a 6+ but good for you! I also came from other platforms and found them all a headache. My apple products have always worked and it does everything I want it to do not just well but EXCELLENTLY. I've been around the block and came back and since then, once I got my i5, never had an itch to get something else.
    09-16-2014 05:36 AM
    You did the right thing!

Posted via the Android iMore App!
    09-16-2014 07:51 AM
    Wondering myself the same question; should I come back after Android and WP. Had iPhone 3gs as my first smartphone.
    09-16-2014 08:15 AM
    I never ever thought in a million years that I'd ever go back to iPhone but I just did.
    I JUST PREORDERED AN IPHONE 6 SPACE GRAY 128GB!!!
    And I'll be picking it up on Friday.

I was all set to get a 6 plus but after playing with my busted old Note 3 I decided to go smaller even though the main reason for my switching is my eyesight. I am counting on Apple's famous sharpness and crispness. If it doesn't workout, I can always exchange it for a plus.

I. Can't. Believe. I. Just. Did. This.
    My husband will bust a gut laughing at me (so... You were NEVAH going back to iPhone, huh?)

What have I done??? Somebody tell me I did the right thing...
    The iPhone 6+ is actually both slimmer and thinner than the Galaxy note 3, so it would be more manageable.

If your coming from bb10 download Accompli: it's equivalent to bb10's hub but for iOS.

https://www.acompli.com/

Enjoy.
    09-16-2014 08:36 AM
    Welcome back.... Use what work well for you and you only..
    09-16-2014 08:37 AM
    I expect a lot of people to come back. Many left because of the bigger screens of other devices. The smaller screen on the iPhone always kept me waffling between it and android. Now I feel confident that I'll be much more content with my device. With android I was missing the software and services I wanted. And with iPhone I was missing the hardware. IPhone 6 should help fulfill them all more than any other single device.
    09-16-2014 08:48 AM
    You're suppose to use what you like, and get what you like. More people will be leaving or coming back as well!
    scorpiodsu and anon4757448 like this.
    09-16-2014 08:50 AM
    Hey EvilGuppy, LOL...Welcome back and Congrats on your upcoming iPhone6....SMILE
    09-16-2014 08:53 AM
    Wow, 128 gb. Just think of all the apps (good apps) and songs you can fit on that. I have my eyesight to consider as well. It gets harder and harder to read the popular washed out light gray printed text these days. Some of it I can't read at all. Have they run out of black ink? I complained to the Dev of the app Facetune, which I could not read the print. He referred to it as the "Modern Design Sensibilities". I had another word for it, but kept it to myself. Welcome to iMore!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-16-2014 09:43 AM
    I chose the 6 over the 6 plus after reading several threads here about why people were choosing one over the other. Several people brought up what I thought was a very good point: the possibility that the larger one may have some scaling down issues that could cause lagging or battery drain.
    I remember my Note 3 had no such problem prior to the Kitkat update but afterward it did, and my Note Pro always had lagging issues from the get go.
    So obviously in this case the OS is completely different but I thought why chance it?
    I am counting on the fact that Apple displays, even the small ones, are really sharp and crisp due to retina display, and also if I really have to, I'll have 2 weeks to exchange it for the 6 plus if I really feel the need.

Another thing is I really wonder which one Apple employees will be using? Not just in Apple stores, but everyone who works at Apple. Again, remembering my Note 3, I also remember that while I did enjoy the screen size, portability was a bit of an issue.
    Also... Only the 6 was available for pick up on Friday, lol.
    And patience was never my strong suit. 😜
    LadiJae and agarwal.apar like this.
    09-16-2014 10:32 AM
    Welcome back! :-)

And OMG, did you just order your 6 last night for pickup on Friday? Did you buy from Apple, another retailer or your carrier? And were you considered a renewal/upgrade?

Just trying to figure out how to get our phones without having to wait 35-60 days, lol.
    09-16-2014 10:51 AM
    Welcome back! :-)

And OMG, did you just order your 6 last night for pickup on Friday? Did you buy from Apple, another retailer or your carrier? And were you considered a renewal/upgrade?

Just trying to figure out how to get our phones without having to wait 35-60 days, lol.
    I was going to ask the very same thing. I was going to preorder a 6 yesterday on the Verizon site, and it said I'd have to wait until 10/20/14 for delivery!! I know the preorders on the 6+'s are being pushed back even more than that. How & where did you preorder yesterday and get a 09/19 pickup date?
    09-16-2014 11:09 AM
    I bought from Apple and I had to man up and swallow the full retail cost. *GULP*
    The 6 plus was not available for pick up, it's delivery date was set for November 4.
    The 6 would ship out between October 7 and 12, but I'm traveling out of state, then.
    And somehow, the 6 could be picked up in a major Apple store in my area.
    09-16-2014 11:33 AM
    I bought from Apple and I had to man up and swallow the full retail cost. *GULP*
    The 6 plus was not available for pick up, it's delivery date was set for November 4.
    The 6 would ship out between October 7 and 12, but I'm traveling out of state, then.
    And somehow, the 6 could be picked up in a major Apple store in my area.
    My turn to say "OMG OMG!" lol!

We are buying ours full retail too but there was no way it would let me buy them on the apple site! Eep!

Oh wait - which carrier do you use? T-Mo?
    Evilguppy likes this.
    09-16-2014 12:07 PM
    My turn to say "OMG OMG!" lol!

We are buying ours full retail too but there was no way it would let me buy them on the apple site! Eep!

Oh wait - which carrier do you use? T-Mo?
    No, I'm on Verizon. Oddly enough, when I called earlier in the day, the Apple tech said they weren't allowed to sell me a phone out of contract, that i'd have to do it through Verizon. But when I went back to the website and started filling out the order form, it just let me, without any issues.
    09-16-2014 12:19 PM
    No, I'm on Verizon. Oddly enough, when I called earlier in the day, the Apple tech said they weren't allowed to sell me a phone out of contract, that i'd have to do it through Verizon. But when I went back to the website and started filling out the order form, it just let me, without any issues.
    So you were actually able to pay full retail off-contract?

I went on the apple site just now to try my luck and selected store-pickup (of course the one store that said 9/19 pickup available was way out in Rancho Cucamonga, no thanks, lol!) but the only way I could do that was to choose either the AT&T NEXT plan or do an early upgrade (of course AT&T never told us about the "early" upgrade option, just the NEXT plan) which would have been $200 off the contract price but still a 2-yr contract. So the 128 gb space gray 6 would have been $749 with apple care (plus taxes and whatnot) vs $949 full retail. Which would have been fine but we would be stuck with a contract for another two years. We also would still have been eligible for our full upgrade in May 2015.

But as of this morning, delivery was estimated October 7-12 and we would have to be home and we couldn't ship to an office since our bill goes to our home. So we are just going to take our chances a couple of weeks after launch and go into a store.

Oh, and I just chatted with an apple rep today and they confirmed that even if we buy off-contract, the phones will be locked to AT&T or whatever carrier. But since the phones will be paid for up front, AT&T should be able to unlock them for us.

Also, during the chat, the apple rep said that pre-orders have now ended.
    09-16-2014 01:19 PM
    So you were actually able to pay full retail off-contract?

I went on the apple site just now to try my luck and selected store-pickup (of course the one store that said 9/19 pickup available was way out in Rancho Cucamonga, no thanks, lol!) but the only way I could do that was to choose either the AT&T NEXT plan or do an early upgrade which would have been $200 off the contract price but still a 2-yr contract. So the 128 gb space gray 6 would have been $749 with apple care (plus taxes and whatnot) vs $949 full retail. Which would have been fine but we would be stuck with a contract for another two years. We also would still have been eligible for our full upgrade in May 2015.

But as of this morning, delivery was estimated October 7-12 and we would have to be home and we couldn't ship to an office since our bill goes to our home. So we are just going to take our chances a couple of weeks after launch and go into a store.

Oh, and I just chatted with an apple rep today and they confirmed that even if we buy off-contract, the phones will be locked to AT&T or whatever carrier. But since the phones will be paid for up front, AT&T should be able to unlock them for us.

Also, during the chat, the apple rep said that pre-orders have now ended.
    Wow, I ordered just in time! And yes, I was able to order full retail off contract with Verizon, from the Apple store. After being told by phone that it wasn't possible, go figure. I can't wait for friday, lol.
    09-16-2014 01:23 PM
39 12