OMG OMG OMG. I did it.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought from Apple and I had to man up and swallow the full retail cost. *GULP*
The 6 plus was not available for pick up, it's delivery date was set for November 4.
The 6 would ship out between October 7 and 12, but I'm traveling out of state, then.
And somehow, the 6 could be picked up in a major Apple store in my area.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought from Apple and I had to man up and swallow the full retail cost. *GULP*
The 6 plus was not available for pick up, it's delivery date was set for November 4.
The 6 would ship out between October 7 and 12, but I'm traveling out of state, then.
And somehow, the 6 could be picked up in a major Apple store in my area.

My turn to say "OMG OMG!" lol!

We are buying ours full retail too but there was no way it would let me buy them on the apple site! Eep! ;)

Oh wait - which carrier do you use? T-Mo?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My turn to say "OMG OMG!" lol!

We are buying ours full retail too but there was no way it would let me buy them on the apple site! Eep! ;)

Oh wait - which carrier do you use? T-Mo?

No, I'm on Verizon. Oddly enough, when I called earlier in the day, the Apple tech said they weren't allowed to sell me a phone out of contract, that i'd have to do it through Verizon. But when I went back to the website and started filling out the order form, it just let me, without any issues.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm on Verizon. Oddly enough, when I called earlier in the day, the Apple tech said they weren't allowed to sell me a phone out of contract, that i'd have to do it through Verizon. But when I went back to the website and started filling out the order form, it just let me, without any issues.

So you were actually able to pay full retail off-contract? :eek:

I went on the apple site just now to try my luck and selected store-pickup (of course the one store that said 9/19 pickup available was way out in Rancho Cucamonga, no thanks, lol!) but the only way I could do that was to choose either the AT&T NEXT plan or do an early upgrade (of course AT&T never told us about the "early" upgrade option, just the NEXT plan) which would have been $200 off the contract price but still a 2-yr contract. So the 128 gb space gray 6 would have been $749 with apple care (plus taxes and whatnot) vs $949 full retail. Which would have been fine but we would be stuck with a contract for another two years. We also would still have been eligible for our full upgrade in May 2015.

But as of this morning, delivery was estimated October 7-12 and we would have to be home and we couldn't ship to an office since our bill goes to our home. So we are just going to take our chances a couple of weeks after launch and go into a store.

Oh, and I just chatted with an apple rep today and they confirmed that even if we buy off-contract, the phones will be locked to AT&T or whatever carrier. But since the phones will be paid for up front, AT&T should be able to unlock them for us.

Also, during the chat, the apple rep said that pre-orders have now ended.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So you were actually able to pay full retail off-contract? :eek:

I went on the apple site just now to try my luck and selected store-pickup (of course the one store that said 9/19 pickup available was way out in Rancho Cucamonga, no thanks, lol!) but the only way I could do that was to choose either the AT&T NEXT plan or do an early upgrade which would have been $200 off the contract price but still a 2-yr contract. So the 128 gb space gray 6 would have been $749 with apple care (plus taxes and whatnot) vs $949 full retail. Which would have been fine but we would be stuck with a contract for another two years. We also would still have been eligible for our full upgrade in May 2015.

But as of this morning, delivery was estimated October 7-12 and we would have to be home and we couldn't ship to an office since our bill goes to our home. So we are just going to take our chances a couple of weeks after launch and go into a store.

Oh, and I just chatted with an apple rep today and they confirmed that even if we buy off-contract, the phones will be locked to AT&T or whatever carrier. But since the phones will be paid for up front, AT&T should be able to unlock them for us.

Also, during the chat, the apple rep said that pre-orders have now ended.

Wow, I ordered just in time! And yes, I was able to order full retail off contract with Verizon, from the Apple store. After being told by phone that it wasn't possible, go figure. I can't wait for friday, lol.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I ordered just in time! And yes, I was able to order full retail off contract with Verizon, from the Apple store. After being told by phone that it wasn't possible, go figure. I can't wait for friday, lol.

Awesome! Must have been a glitch in the system! Or just a lucky break! Congrats! Now you should go play lotto too! :p

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! Must have been a glitch in the system! Or just a lucky break! Congrats! Now you should go play lotto too! :p

LOL I'm already pushing my luck. My husband is a wee bit annoyed with me right now: We had agreed I would wait until the madness was over and then BOOM, I order the damn thing anyway right after midnight for Friday pick up. He already knows Friday will be entirely blocked as "Evilguppy is getting a new iPhone, run for the hills and save yourselves" day. ;)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Join the dark side. We have cookies! :)

No, that would be way too expensive: When I got my free Q10, it had to be with a 2 year contract... Back in May. I shudder at the thought of what it would cost me to get an iPhone off contract.

I never ever thought in a million years that I'd ever go back to iPhone but I just did.
I JUST PREORDERED AN IPHONE 6 SPACE GRAY 128GB!!!
And I'll be picking it up on Friday.

I was all set to get a 6 plus but after playing with my busted old Note 3 I decided to go smaller even though the main reason for my switching is my eyesight. I am counting on Apple's famous sharpness and crispness. If it doesn't workout, I can always exchange it for a plus.

I. Can't. Believe. I. Just. Did. This.
My husband will bust a gut laughing at me (so... You were NEVAH going back to iPhone, huh?)

What have I done??? Somebody tell me I did the right thing...

Welcome to the Dark Side. Please take your complimentary cookie from the plate and take a seat, the presentation is about to begin! :D

In all seriousness though. Welcome to the fold and may you have an excellent time with your new iPhone! :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I never ever thought in a million years that I'd ever go back to iPhone but I just did.
I JUST PREORDERED AN IPHONE 6 SPACE GRAY 128GB!!!
And I'll be picking it up on Friday.

I was all set to get a 6 plus but after playing with my busted old Note 3 I decided to go smaller even though the main reason for my switching is my eyesight. I am counting on Apple's famous sharpness and crispness. If it doesn't workout, I can always exchange it for a plus.

I. Can't. Believe. I. Just. Did. This.
My husband will bust a gut laughing at me (so... You were NEVAH going back to iPhone, huh?)

What have I done??? Somebody tell me I did the right thing...

LOL!!!!!!!!!! I just saw this!

I can't tell you if you did the right thing. I know I DID THE RIGHT THING when I went all in for the iPhone. I sincerely hope your experience is as positive as mine.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
NO!!! MY COOKIES. ALL MINE, I SAY. ... Ok, you can have one. ;)

Man I'm psyched. I was at a doctor's appointment this morning and I had to check a bunch of insurance related things on my BB and all I could think was "I want my iPhone NOW" lol. Another thing I'm noticing on my BB is that the notifications make no sense at all and the settings don't do squat to change that.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
NO!!! MY COOKIES. ALL MINE, I SAY. ... Ok, you can have one. ;)

Man I'm psyched. I was at a doctor's appointment this morning and I had to check a bunch of insurance related things on my BB and all I could think was "I want my iPhone NOW" lol. Another thing I'm noticing on my BB is that the notifications make no sense at all and the settings don't do squat to change that.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::tongue:
Check the App Store when you get your phone. There might be an app to help you manage your insurance. As far as car insurance, I've got Geico and the app is FANTASTIC on iOS.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::tongue:
Check the App Store when you get your phone. There might be an app to help you manage your insurance. As far as car insurance, I've got Geico and the app is FANTASTIC on iOS.

I've got Allstate, I'll check out the app store. Also I've noticed that the banking apps are way better on IOS.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got Allstate, I'll check out the app store. Also I've noticed that the banking apps are way better on IOS.

Oh the banking apps are STELLAR on iOS!!!!!!! The BofA app has features that aren't even on the site. I LOVE it.

Don't know if Allstate's got an app but I would be surprised if it didn't.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh the banking apps are STELLAR on iOS!!!!!!! The BofA app has features that aren't even on the site. I LOVE it.

Don't know if Allstate's got an app but I would be surprised if it didn't.

BoA?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I dropped them after they messed up and got me in trouble with the IRS. (Long story short, they forgot to send my mortgage loan info in and so the IRS said I couldn't claim I had made any payments. Then BoA refused to help me solve the issue I had to tap-dance for weeks because of them.)
But yes, I have used their app, it's very good.
Currently I'm with Schwab and it's even better. :D

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
BoA?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I dropped them after they messed up and got me in trouble with the IRS. (Long story short, they forgot to send my mortgage loan info in and so the IRS said I couldn't claim I had made any payments. Then BoA refused to help me solve the issue I had to tap-dance for weeks because of them.)
But yes, I have used their app, it's very good.
Currently I'm with Schwab and it's even better. :D

Oh wow that seriously sucks. I've never had trouble with them really. It's one of the three banks I use. Wells Fargo and BB&T are the others. And my federal credit union.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73