Why are there so many iPhone haters? (First iPhone owner experience)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think apple did a great job at optimization of their iOS so far. But if you notice they actually sacrifice some usability for the low processing power that iPhone has.

A good example where the spec comes in handy are that when iOS9 rollout the split-screen multi-window thing. All of the existing model or previous model iPhone can't support that.

Of course many iPhone user will argue to say that is not practical to use on a phone, until apple release a phone that can support that features...

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

I say it's not practical because it really isn't practical.

Having said that, why do you automatically assume that the split-screen view isn't "supported" on any existing iPhones because of "low processing power"? Perhaps Apple doesn't see this to be a practical thing just like I and many others do. It feels very sloppy.

On the other hand, I think the reason that split-view isn't being implemented on the current iPhones is because it's going to be a feature to market for the next gen iPhone. I hope I'm wrong, though. Split-view on even a 5.5" screen looks terrible. To me.

Wai Kong Pang

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps my choice of word are not accurate. What I mean is the lack of memory (RAM). It's just my assumption and I could be wrong.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps my choice of word are not accurate. What I mean is the lack of memory (RAM). It's just my assumption and I could be wrong.

I think you are probably correct. I think we will see a bump in RAM and then the split screen will be offered on the 6s plus. Of course that is just my guess and I could be totally wrong. It's all guessing until we see it on stage in September.

I will say that I find split screen useful in certain situations. I have used it more than I would have thought on my Note 4. Definitely should not be dismissed as sloppy or not useful until you actually try it. It may not be useful to everyone but I can say it has been useful to me. If history is any indication then we will see Apple take what has been done already and make it better. I'm looking forward to to it myself.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Wai Kong Pang

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Troll on, if you must.

For many iPhone users, saying that split screen is not practical on a phone, especially a 3.5 or 4 phone is probably the correct response. The new phones will have sufficient specs to do what Apple allows to be done - including split screen, if it comes to that. I, for one, am still not convinced of its value, but of course that could change once I see it in action.

The fact that Apple is able to tune the overall experience to the point that they can do as much or more with hardware with lower specs is a testament to their engineering prowess.

I will stop short of saying that I am fine with whatever Apple gives me, however, I cannot complain about my experience so far. And I, for one, am completely content with my iPhone. And I will continue to use it until it no longer serves my needs and wants, at which point I will switch to whatever platform offers me a device that meets or exceeds my needs.

I do agree that Apple did a great job at optimizing the software experience on the hardware with limited raw processing power so far.

Last edited:

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with the iPhone. For me, it is IOS that leaves little to be desired. It bores me after 5 minutes. The iPhone 6 will probably be my first iPhone that I will keep longer than 30 days before pawning it off on my son. The only reason is that Siri hands free works flawlessly in my new vehicle purchase. Love using the iPhone in the car. Hate it anytime than I am not in the car.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with the iPhone. For me, it is IOS that leaves little to be desired. It bores me after 5 minutes. The iPhone 6 will probably be my first iPhone that I will keep longer than 30 days before pawning it off on my son. The only reason is that Siri hands free works flawlessly in my new vehicle purchase. Love using the iPhone in the car. Hate it anytime than I am not in the car.

When I use my new 6+, despite it being a great phone, I come to quickly appreciate and miss the customization that my Android phones offer. However, the iPhone is a nice device too, just in a different way.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Having owned and tried pretty well every smartphone out there, I have noticed that some iPhone users simply love to throw all other platforms under the bus and typically those same individuals love to assume that only iPhone is relevant... guess it helps them feel a bit better about forking out premium coin for a device. So probably just an insecurity issue for some...Life goes on...

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The constant that I see is that many that prefer Android don't see the great attributes of the iPhone and many that prefer the iPhone to appreciate nice things about Android. Naturally, you're going to prefer one or the other and that can change back and forth over time. With iOS you get Apple's legendary customer service, nice ecosystem, stability, amongst other things. With Android you get a lot of hardware choice, and customability. With both you get great app selection and functionality. That's why it's so much fun to use both.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods