Why are there so many iPhone haters? (First iPhone owner experience)

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Android users are the most vocal and vitriolic users, as well as the biggest ******* idiots, in the tech world. I see it everyday on Facebook and CNET and Engadget and everywhere else. They honest to God think Android was the first OS to everything, even NFC. And they actually say that, Android has big screens and NFC, and then you correct them and say that Android is an OS and doesn't have hardware features, they get pissy and call you an ignorant iPhone user. I ******* despise Android fanboys. With all my heart. It's cool to be a USER, but there are very very few actual USERS. Most, I'd say 95% of these ******* imbeciles, do nothing but tweak their weather widgets and icons and ridicule Apple users.

Its never that serious, I deal w fanboys from all 4 Os's. I can honestly care less at the end of the day what phone does this better or who had this first. I like em all, but I use iOS & Android BC that's what works best for me.

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep, like em all... over-enthusiastic fans exist on all platforms.

If one can muster that much emotion over an inanimate object, I'd hate to see how they'd react to a family member being dissed. LOL.

But yeah... the rage has existed since the good old Palm vs Winmo battles. When Palm then made a few Winmo devices, folks were stumped.

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
What i think Phones other than iPhone are giving new offers , application , trying to convince people with their designs etc but intelligent one goes to quality rather than device

sifatkhan

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi this is nothing new.if see the android central,iMore and crackberry and you will see this going on about each platform.people justify their own purchase by talking others their purchase decision are wrong.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Not all of us are. I used to be part of that hype. Not anymore. I'll still always have an android. I'll always have an iPhone and a BlackBerry too. Any other device I fancy as well.

It's true that android is really easily customizable and putting on ROMs is a real blast.

I'm glad that I learned to just enjoy all technology. It's not fun to live in a self imposed box of prejudice.

It is totally fun to put people in a self imposed box of prejudice!!!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Fanboys are the morons, mainly in the Android Legion, that say stupid things like "Android had 2 gigs of RAM in 2011". Or "Android had NFC years and years ago". There's a whole thread her that proves my point about people coming from Android and what they miss.

At least Apple users know the difference between an operating system and a hardware platform. I've never ever ever said something like "OS X has 16 gigs of RAM". That's about as stupid as saying Windows has 16 gigs of RAM. But the common mantra among the Android Fanboy Legion is that iOS is for tech noobs. Okay.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Fanboys are the morons, mainly in the Android Legion, that say stupid things like "Android had 2 gigs of RAM in 2011". Or "Android had NFC years and years ago". There's a whole thread her that proves my point about people coming from Android and what they miss.

At least Apple users know the difference between an operating system and a hardware platform. I've never ever ever said something like "OS X has 16 gigs of RAM". That's about as stupid as saying Windows has 16 gigs of RAM. But the common mantra among the Android Fanboy Legion is that iOS is for tech noobs. Okay.

I always get people that tell me that the specs on an iPhone are from 2012...they obviously don't understand computers. If your phone so much more powerful, tell me how you need a 2.7 GHz quad-core with 3 GB of RAM to beat my 1.4 GHz dual-core with 1 GB of RAM. There is never an answer after I ask that question.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I was a windows phone user for 2 years. Microsoft didn't provide a flagship this year and are apparently waiting for windows 10 to do so. Figured I'd give iPhone a try. Kinda regreted it at first, but the more I use it, the more I like it. GPS and camera are much better and of course app selection is way better. It's also nice to be able to walk into a store and find accessories readily available.

There are things about it I don't like, like the iTunes requirement and not being able to just plug the phone into a PC and browse/modify its storage contents like every other smartphone on the market. Thankfully, the positives outweigh the negatives. Hopefully, Apple will allow access to the storage without iTunes in the future.

Getting back to the iHate. at the end of the day, we're all paying to be fed by large corporations who treat us as cattle. I go where the feed tastes best. No sense in being a fanboy. That being said, I do try to avoid Google products because I'm growing tired of being their product. Just someone to gather info on so they can advertise too me. Microsoft and Apple make money by more legitimate means in my eyes. They don't rely on ad revenue and customer data.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm a tech fan whether that is iOS, Android, Windows or whatever. I love using new and different phones and trying out all the ecosystems. If someone has a problem with whatever phone I'm using then the problem is theirs, not mine.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

wgrymo

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm not really an Iphone hater. But what i do hate is that a lot of the times people refer to iphones instead of smartphones for applications that are possible on all smartphones not just iphone. And i see gorilla glass v2, and v3 etc, but still i see more iphones with broken glass than iphones without a scratch. I have had my samsung galaxy xcover bouncing all kind of places without gorilla glass, the sides chipped of and all, but the glass is just fine.
And the misconception about the Iphone having more applications. That's just not true, and therefore i will never by an iphone.

Wai Kong Pang

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Android users are the most vocal and vitriolic users, as well as the biggest ******* idiots, in the tech world. I see it everyday on Facebook and CNET and Engadget and everywhere else. They honest to God think Android was the first OS to everything, even NFC. And they actually say that, Android has big screens and NFC, and then you correct them and say that Android is an OS and doesn't have hardware features, they get pissy and call you an ignorant iPhone user. I ******* despise Android fanboys. With all my heart. It's cool to be a USER, but there are very very few actual USERS. Most, I'd say 95% of these ******* imbeciles, do nothing but tweak their weather widgets and icons and ridicule Apple users.

Hi there. I think your statement is kinda stereotype against Android phone user. Not all of them are extremist.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Wai Kong Pang

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I always get people that tell me that the specs on an iPhone are from 2012...they obviously don't understand computers. If your phone so much more powerful, tell me how you need a 2.7 GHz quad-core with 3 GB of RAM to beat my 1.4 GHz dual-core with 1 GB of RAM. There is never an answer after I ask that question.

I think apple did a great job at optimization of their iOS so far. But if you notice they actually sacrifice some usability for the low processing power that iPhone has.

A good example where the spec comes in handy are that when iOS9 rollout the split-screen multi-window thing. All of the existing model or previous model iPhone can't support that.

Of course many iPhone user will argue to say that is not practical to use on a phone, until apple release a phone that can support that features...

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Besides this iPhone 6+, I have multiple Android phones, an iPhone 4, and a BlackBerry Classic and Q10. They all have something to offer and I see no reason to hate on any platform. I love the quality and ecosystem of iOS and this 6+.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Besides this iPhone 6+, I have multiple Android phones, an iPhone 4, and a BlackBerry Classic and Q10. They all have something to offer and I see no reason to hate on any platform. I love the quality and ecosystem of iOS and this 6+.

Same here. Illogical hate towards a platform is dumb. I prefer iOS, but Android, Windows Phone, and even Blackberry have something to offer. They are all good OSes for at least one thing, if not more.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I think apple did a great job at optimization of their iOS so far. But if you notice they actually sacrifice some usability for the low processing power that iPhone has.

A good example where the spec comes in handy are that when iOS9 rollout the split-screen multi-window thing. All of the existing model or previous model iPhone can't support that.

Of course many iPhone user will argue to say that is not practical to use on a phone, until apple release a phone that can support that features...

Troll on, if you must.

For many iPhone users, saying that split screen is not practical on a phone, especially a 3.5" or 4" phone is probably the correct response. The new phones will have sufficient specs to do what Apple allows to be done - including split screen, if it comes to that. I, for one, am still not convinced of its value, but of course that could change once I see it in action.

The fact that Apple is able to tune the overall experience to the point that they can do as much or more with hardware with lower specs is a testament to their engineering prowess.

I will stop short of saying that "I am fine with whatever Apple gives me", however, I cannot complain about my experience so far. And I, for one, am completely content with my iPhone. And I will continue to use it until it no longer serves my needs and wants, at which point I will switch to whatever platform offers me a device that meets or exceeds my needs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR