Why are there so many iPhone haters? (First iPhone owner experience)

kyoiskyo

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Having owned and tried pretty well every smartphone out there, I have noticed that some iPhone users simply love to throw all other platforms under the bus and typically those same individuals love to assume that only iPhone is relevant... guess it helps them feel a bit better about forking out premium coin for a device. So probably just an insecurity issue for some...Life goes on...

so you using a true inferior device and being stuck in 2005 make you a secure individual.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
This morning I hate my iPhone because of swiftkey, I'm going back to swype and I hate stock so don't mention it. :biggrin:

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Haven't you asked yourself why apple moved the headphone jack to the bottom of the iPhone 5 from the 4s? I now I did.
Because it makes, literally, no sense for it to be at the top even if the phone has a 2.5" screen.

Moving it to the bottom means you don't have a tangled mess when you dock your phone, because the dock can build in the Lightning and Headset Jack (if it isn't BT) into the bottom of the phone. Not only does this mean the accessory is less prone to damage (with a dangling wire), but it also gives you a more secure dock because the phone has two things plugging into it on the bottom instead of one.

It also means that if you have a car without BT but with an AUX port, you can Charge the phone while having the AUX plugged into it from the same end of the phone, which makes it easier to also use the phone if you're doing that while riding shotgun, and less messy to deal with if you're the driver and just have the phone plugged in and charging.

If you're at home and have to use your phone while charging it and listening through earbuds, it means you don't have cords coming out of bothends of the phone, which is a major PITA to deal with especially if you're doing this while lying down.

If Apple really needed to design a bigger phone just to let them know that it's ergonomically superior to put the headphone jack at the bottom of the phone, then I'm seriously flabbergasted because even interns should have been able to come to that conclusion regardless of the size of the device.

Putting the headphone jack at the top of any phone is about as stupid as putting the power button at the top of a phablet.

TL;DR: They moved the headphone jack because it made sense to do that. It had nothing to do with what phone they were planning - or the size of that phone - otherwise they'd have just waited instead of redesigning for that change in the 'S' series iPhone 5. Anyone who is a moderate/heavy user who listens to music through a wired headset or earbuds a lot knows how stupid it is to have the power and headset jack on opposite ends of the phone. It makes literally no sense to do that.

Agrinho

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
When I bought my iPhone, my sister's first reaction was: "I don't get why you bought it now." She thought waiting for the holiday season to really kick in would mean I'd get a discount (yeah, right) and when I pointed out that iPhones don't drop in price in one certain store, she thought I might get a case with it during the holidays.

At work, they treated it like it was big news (even though someone else already got an iPhone 6 before I did). One person had seen me with it in the morning before work and by 10am, everyone was telling me they heard I got an iPhone. I know they talked behind my back about how I'd spent so much money on it. Then I also got comments from colleagues telling me they'd never spend that kind of money on a phone - which I apparently am supposed to care about. Fun fact: that was two weeks ago, and by today two more colleagues also got an iPhone 6, both 64gb.

In my experience, Samsung owners are the worst, followed by Huawei. People with Huawei, in my experience, like to brag about how cheap their phone is while still working well. And Samsung owners, in my experience, seem to think they're smarter/more capable/more independent for getting their Android device. This discussion seems worst with the iPhone. Sure, people tell me they'd never buy a Macbook because it's too expensive, but when you get an iPhone, you almost have to defend yourself and justify the way you spend the money you work really hard to earn.

I was a Blackberry user for four years - Blackberry being my first smartphone - but I never denied that while I loved my Blackberries, the phone I really wanted was the iPhone. I just didn't make enough money to be able to purchase it without touching my savings too much. Now, I worked overtime for it for a couple of months. My first blackberry was a great phone, didn't love my second, and I did love my third. I still think the Blackberry Hub functionality was amazing and it'd be great to have on an iPhone. I enjoyed my last Blackberry a lot - but it just doesn't compare to iPhone. I haven't touched my last Blackberry since I got my iPhone other than to transfer files and contacts and I haven't missed it so far.

It seems so weird to me how people get riled up over how other people spend their money. I'll never get that.

Budde2

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My opinion, people need to justify their own purchase by telling others their purchase decisions are wrong. I've owned blackberry's, androids and iPhones therefore i personally know exactly what each have to offer. I will never bash one over the other

Could not have said it better

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If everyone just accepts what they use or buy, things will be a whole lot better. But the world does not work like this apparently :)

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Samsung flagships aren't much cheaper than iPhones. The Note 4 is more expensive than the base SKU iPhone 6. The AT&T model is almost the same as a 64 GB 6+

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't justify what I buy to others. I have about 10 devices of different manufacturers and OS's, so sometimes I try to justify it to myself. So far telling myself that I'll open a museum someday, that does the trick.

On a serious note, I used to be one of those gung ho loyal types. It certainly didn't get me any brownie points. It also didn't broaden my perspective any so I was massively limiting myself.

I'm very much like a kid in a candy store now. There is so much available to me and I'm going to just enjoy the experience of it all.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
When I bought my iPhone, my sister's first reaction was: "I don't get why you bought it now." She thought waiting for the holiday season to really kick in would mean I'd get a discount (yeah, right) and when I pointed out that iPhones don't drop in price in one certain store, she thought I might get a case with it during the holidays.

At work, they treated it like it was big news (even though someone else already got an iPhone 6 before I did). One person had seen me with it in the morning before work and by 10am, everyone was telling me they heard I got an iPhone. I know they talked behind my back about how I'd spent so much money on it. Then I also got comments from colleagues telling me they'd never spend that kind of money on a phone - which I apparently am supposed to care about. Fun fact: that was two weeks ago, and by today two more colleagues also got an iPhone 6, both 64gb.

In my experience, Samsung owners are the worst, followed by Huawei. People with Huawei, in my experience, like to brag about how cheap their phone is while still working well. And Samsung owners, in my experience, seem to think they're smarter/more capable/more independent for getting their Android device. This discussion seems worst with the iPhone. Sure, people tell me they'd never buy a Macbook because it's too expensive, but when you get an iPhone, you almost have to defend yourself and justify the way you spend the money you work really hard to earn.

I was a Blackberry user for four years - Blackberry being my first smartphone - but I never denied that while I loved my Blackberries, the phone I really wanted was the iPhone. I just didn't make enough money to be able to purchase it without touching my savings too much. Now, I worked overtime for it for a couple of months. My first blackberry was a great phone, didn't love my second, and I did love my third. I still think the Blackberry Hub functionality was amazing and it'd be great to have on an iPhone. I enjoyed my last Blackberry a lot - but it just doesn't compare to iPhone. I haven't touched my last Blackberry since I got my iPhone other than to transfer files and contacts and I haven't missed it so far.

It seems so weird to me how people get riled up over how other people spend their money. I'll never get that.

Huawei was my very first Androids manufacturer. I've also got a place in my heart for the Samsung Note series devices. I do still like the Android OS.

However, if you looked at my bed this morning, you'd have seen a Z30, 5s, Note 3, Mini, and a Win 7 laptop.

I don't understand why people want to bash others or limit themselves anymore. It's ridiculous and funny but I've got a pretty blue 5c to attribute to my epiphany.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
My reason when I purchased my first iPhone was I did not like the on screen keyboard because I was used to the keyboard being right on the phone.

That hate lasted about a month because I began to read about the different features on the iPhone.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
There are so many iPhone haters because it's cool to hate what's cool to have. I know right... Makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Arneson

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I really don't understand it either. I'm a longtime android user but I don't see the need to limit myself to one platform. I've owned various IOS devices, iPhones, iPods, my new iPad Air 2 (which I'm typing this on) and really I like them both. Everything is personal preference but bad mouthing a person or a group for personal pleasure is nonsense. Know one can really say which is better because there's know right answer. Think of it this way, would you rather not have a choice? Only one smartphone that everyone has. Be grateful you have options. Life is way to short to troll.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple went through this really bleak period where their lineup was awful. They bounced back by releasing trendy stuff. I think the computer nerds that turned on them when their products started stinking in the 90s never forgave them.

IDK I love my Performa 637 (still plugged in, love classic Mac OS) and while I wasn't a Mac user through college (definitely couldn't afford one, which is also part of it) I've been happy to come back lately.

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
It cracks me up. I have this co-worker who loves to show off his Android, quizzing me if my iPhone can do this thing or that thing. Then he gloats if I confirm it can't. But the truly hilarious part is when I show him and it actually performs better... He actually gets mad, lol!

Case in point, we were talking about the fingerprint scanner on his Galaxy S5 vs Touch ID. I told him how he could set it up to unlock his phone and certain apps, and even pay for things. He was all excited to set it up, but it took him nearly 20 minutes to save his fingerprints because it kept giving him errors and then it wouldn't work 3 out of 5 times. He almost locked up his phone twice before disabling It all together.

For the record, I always listen and ooohh and awww over his phone because I know how exciting a new phone can be! I'm genuinely interested in the differences between the operating systems (as I am new to iPhone).

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Android users are the most vocal and vitriolic users, as well as the biggest ******* idiots, in the tech world. I see it everyday on Facebook and CNET and Engadget and everywhere else. They honest to God think Android was the first OS to everything, even NFC. And they actually say that, Android has big screens and NFC, and then you correct them and say that Android is an OS and doesn't have hardware features, they get pissy and call you an ignorant iPhone user. I ******* despise Android fanboys. With all my heart. It's cool to be a USER, but there are very very few actual USERS. Most, I'd say 95% of these ******* imbeciles, do nothing but tweak their weather widgets and icons and ridicule Apple users.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Android users are the most vocal and vitriolic users, as well as the biggest ******* idiots, in the tech world. I see it everyday on Facebook and CNET and Engadget and everywhere else. They honest to God think Android was the first OS to everything, even NFC. And they actually say that, Android has big screens and NFC, and then you correct them and say that Android is an OS and doesn't have hardware features, they get pissy and call you an ignorant iPhone user. I ******* despise Android fanboys. With all my heart. It's cool to be a USER, but there are very very few actual USERS. Most, I'd say 95% of these ******* imbeciles, do nothing but tweak their weather widgets and icons and ridicule Apple users.

Not all of us are. I used to be part of that hype. Not anymore. I'll still always have an android. I'll always have an iPhone and a BlackBerry too. Any other device I fancy as well.

It's true that android is really easily customizable and putting on ROMs is a real blast.

I'm glad that I learned to just enjoy all technology. It's not fun to live in a self imposed box of prejudice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods