Why are there so many iPhone haters? (First iPhone owner experience)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
All this hate and drama over little devices. Android vs iPhone vs Windows etc., their OS vs the latest iOS. What does it matter? It doesn't. Use what works and makes sense for you...period.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
As an avid BlackBerry user, the abuse I've received since 23rd Oct is simply uncalled for. Last time I checked I paid my bills, I work 10-12 hours a day in IT. If I choose to buy an use an iPhone 6 Plus, that I paid for, that's my business...

People are weird...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's safe to assume the following:

1. No one brand will be liked by everyone.

2. What some people find to be perfect for them may be despised by others.

3. People can always find examples to support their particular stance.

Take care, and have a great weekend...;)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's safe to assume the following:

1. No one brand will be liked by everyone.

2. What some people find to be perfect for them may be despised by others.

3. People can always find examples to support their particular stance.

Take care, and have a great weekend...;)

And likes/dislikes are constantly changing...

Says the girl with her second 5s.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I used to be an android fanboy
I was persistent in saying that android was better than iOS, mostly because of customization
It's actually kind of funny because my friend is a total Apple fanboy, he constantly made remarks about how crappy android was, especially Samsung
Then I decided I wanted a change, and I got the iPhone 6, and I'm loving it
Now I can say that I am not a fanboy, because after seeing how great iOS is, I'm not as picky
Will I go back to an android phone? Let's see what they release! Now I can say that I can pick the phone for me, regardless of who made it or what OS it is (well I probably won't buy a windows phone or blackberry, but that's another story)

I also used to be a spec junkie, but after seeing what the iPhone does with much lower specs than the S5, it doesn't matter as much to me (though I will probably drool over the awesome specs on the Samsung phones, even though they don't perform that well)
Just because you chose a Samsung Galaxy St doesn't mean Android is xyz

You are comparing the iPhone 6 to the St, not to Android.

I have an Android phone also and given the choice I would choose and iPhone over an S5. You don't buy flagship phones from Samsung. They're garbage.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You don't buy flagship phones from Samsung. They're garbage.

Couldn't agree more. I hate Touchwiz and how badly it makes Samsung phones perform, even with the monster specs they're packing. If I were ever to buy an Android device, it would be the latest HTC One, a Google Play edition HTC One, or a Nexus. I really don't like Samsung at all if you can't tell haha :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. I hate Touchwiz and how badly it makes Samsung phones perform, even with the monster specs they're packing. If I were ever to buy an Android device, it would be the latest HTC One, a Google Play edition HTC One, or a Nexus. I really don't like Samsung at all if you can't tell haha :)
To each his own, but the thing about Android is that it has choice as a benefit. Don't like Samsung there's a ton more manufacturers to choose from.

codyoehl

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I mean I personally liked the phone, but it really should have performed much better than it did
I might have gotten the nexus, but 6 inches is too big for me
I want a phone, not a tablet

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth here are my 2 cents:

If Apple, Android, Blackberry, or Windows work for you then fine. Great. Happy for you. Oh and if by chance you still prefer a flip phone (which nowadays are being called dumb phones) work for you then I say awesome. As long as whatever device you decide to use does what you expect it to do, then I say to each is their own. Enough with the bashing of this is better than that, or this phone had these features back at the beginning of time (lol). Enough of saying why would you want that when this is better. The perception of what's good for you has to be also good for me is ludicrous. Use what you wanna use and I'll use what I wanna use (not to mention what my bank account says I can use). Everyone has their pros and cons as to what works best for them. Company X may have 10 pros versus Company Y that has only 3 pros. If those 3 pros is all I need or care about (or anyone for that matter) then I'm gonna go with what's important to me. Some of us don't necessarily need or care about all of the bells and whistles.

That being said, I love my iPhone 6 and the Apple iOS/OSX platforms because they work for me and what I do.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow...! I just read every post is this thread.

What I find interesting and kinda scary at the same time and you can replace the term 'iPhone Haters' with 'Minority Haters', 'Women Haters', 'G@y Haters' Eagles/Steelers, Mets/Yankees... etc, etc... and the answers are almost the same in every case and the bottom line is that many people have a disdain for any choice they disagree with.

Humans have formed Tribes for eons. It's a survival mechanism that's hardwired into us. Go with the grain, group together and you're more likely to survive.

This is a gene that maybe nature should have dropped from our species a very, very, very, long time ago.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
All this hate and drama over little devices. Android vs iPhone vs Windows etc., their OS vs the latest iOS. What does it matter? It doesn't. Use what works and makes sense for you...period.

This.

Most people just want to justify their purchase .. One way to do that is to "down" the others -- I personally use Android but have nothing against iOS. I am actually happy with the improvements they made in iOS 8 .. People said they wanted certain stuff so they listened and added it. Good on Apple :).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This.

Most people just want to justify their purchase .. One way to do that is to "down" the others -- I personally use Android but have nothing against iOS. I am actually happy with the improvements they made in iOS 8 .. People said they wanted certain stuff so they listened and added it. Good on Apple :).

Hey Al, Good to se you over here on iMore.
When I first starting reading this thread, I said to myself..."not another one of these threads". People, people, and PEOPLE. Does it really matter what device he, she, the mailman, the bus driver, the dog, the cat, ect, ect, ect. uses. Once again ...and I've said this in about 100 different threads over the last 5 years, Just buy, use, and be happy with the device you spent your hard earned money on (some of us anyway). If it works for you then fine, if it doesn't, then do MORE RESEARCH the next time you go purchase a mobile device. This is not rocket sicence...WE are all different and like different things and use devices differently.....SIMPLE.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW