Why are there so many iPhone haters? (First iPhone owner experience)

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No!!!! That's not a good thing. The more competition the better. Competition drives development which is good for us consumers.

If what you say is true then why can't the incumbents sustain themselves through competition?
Why is competition causing them to shut down? Why is competition killing them?
Motorola, Nokia, htc, Blackberry, Siemens , NEC, Eriksson ; soon to be sony's phone division the list goes on and on.

Competition brings prices down for consumers. But it is generally bad for development, it leads to stagnation or more of the same(lack of diversity), not progress, not innovation.

In competition, there can only be one winner and a lot of losers.

Right, Apple should make an inferior phone so that it's competition would sell more? What? Henry Ford killed off the horse and buggy. According to your hypotheses he should have limited his model T to 3 mph and carry a load to drop on the road every so often. That way the buggy makers would still be in business.

mpn_14

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I 'hate' apple, they suck! All they do is keep making these products that put large dents in all your bank accounts and for what to have products you all really can't stand to use because you are all just sheep that follow the next sheep after the latest and greatest.

Joke! As I type this on my iPhone 6 plus while surfing the Internet on my retina mbp and listening to music on my iPod classic not caring what people think of Apple because to me Apple rocks ✌️

jiovine

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been on all the platforms - Android, IOS, Blackberry, Palm and Windows Phone.

I just returned to IOS from spending the last two years on Windows Phone -- which I truly enjoyed and Microsoft is doing a great job on the platform. You should try walking into the Apple Store with a competing platform -- sales people are such snobs and throw so much FUD out there without understanding the competing platform. Cortana integration on windows phone -- even as new as it is -- is great. I still need to understand SIRI but my move back to IOS was for two points -- 1. Ease of Music integration; 2. Apple Pay.

Apple beats everyone hands down on ease of music integration. Google and Microsoft front ends for moving music back and forth and the creation of playlists lacks behind iTunes.

Apple Pay although not first to the market, IMO is going to gain more traction then the ISIS system pushed by the Carriers. Not to mention that ISIS only supports iPhone via a third party case, Android is supported through software and although they announced a Windows software release over a year ago it is nowhere to be seen. To top if off in my area there is only one store that has a card reader that supports the ISIS pay system. Apple may not have innovated the platform but the will certainly be the one to get financial institutions to adopt it.

Each mobile platform has its critics and followers. If you like to tinker then Android is for you -- primarily open source and large community to help you push the limits. People enjoy IOS as the user experience is the most consistent across devices as well as an easy user experience. Windows Phone is definitely up and coming and offers the a great experience in how it manages background tasks and data -- in two years of heavy use I never exceeded 1GB on my data plan. Microsoft has made great strides in the past year but the music integration and apple pay is what brought me back to IOS.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am leaning towards moving towards WP again. Why? Since iOS7, and now 8, launched I have noticed my apps crash a lot more(significantly worse with iOS8) and more random re-boots. I am pretty disappointed with my iPhone6: re-boots, crashing apps, same battery life as my 5s, etc. It really is a large screen iPhone5s and not much more.

jiovine

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I am leaning towards moving towards WP again. Why? Since iOS7, and now 8, launched I have noticed my apps crash a lot more(significantly worse with iOS8) and more random re-boots. I am pretty disappointed with my iPhone6: re-boots, crashing apps, same battery life as my 5s, etc. It really is a large screen iPhone5s and not much more.

I would highly recommend the HTC M8 if you make the move back to WP. Great phone and battery is awesome.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Whoa, can't just let this one go by. Apple and the iPhone are NOT KILLING OFF THE COMPETITION. This concept is completely backwards. If a company makes a better product, ie sells more, they are providing the consumer with a preferred choice. If anything other companies should be incentivized to innovate and excel in making an even better product. If companies sit back and don't constantly improve their products they will be left behind. If companies are mismanaged from the top, they fall behind. Sounds more like suicide, not being killed off.

Nope, apple is number one in profit share.
The competitors are no longer able to compete.

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Trying to spend $1500+ on something I KNOW will last me years over a Windows computer that may last me a year or two tops before it inevitably has some issue and/or breakdown.

And here in lays the problem that non-Apple fans have with Apple fans. I also know that any Windows based device that I own will easily last longer than any current Apple device. I'm also 100% sure that I paid close to $2000 less than a similarly speced Apple (which is performing better than the Apple does, and I can prove it). I'm 100% sure that if I feel to upgrade anything in my computer I can pop open the case and add it. I'm 100% sure that the PC that I built in January of this year will be sitting, running faithfully at my desk for around 10 years (just like my last PC that I built).

It's certainly a personal choice that I have made, however it's comments like that very quote that displays why many non-Apple users don't understand, nor appreciate many Apple users.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Every forum or group I meet thinks their phone is the best. I used to be one of those crazy people who would go to bat for my Android. Then I saw a blue 5c. I got so much slack for buying it but my world got so big! That's when I realized...

These devices are here for us to enjoy. Why put ourselves in a tiny box when there are so many new things to learn and enjoy? I'll just buy what I want and the brand, OS, age, etc, that won't matter one bit to me!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I also know that any Windows based device that I own will easily last longer than any current Apple device.

So you try and make a point as to why you and others like you have a distaste for "Apple fans", by doing exactly what you said annoys you about "Apple fans".

As an "Apple fan", I can honestly say that I don't give two sh*ts if you appreciate me or what I like. Your opinion on the products I prefer is 100% irrelevant to me at the end of the day...but I always find it curious why people like you, who show an obvious and clear distaste for these products or at least the users, would join a community of people who share such a polar opposite preference. I mean I get trolls, but people like yourself, why waste time in such a way? To make sure people are aware of your distaste? Boredom with your particular preference?

Sam_Lee

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
That's one of the worst things that you may encounter if you got the phone they also wanted. We can never control or either predict what people may say and act. It always depends on how you also react about it. Just like on social media and reviews of certain products or services, sometimes people react on how they were catered and how they experience such things. Better to live happily and just don't mind what they are telling you it doesn't matter anyways. Good Luck and congrats for your new iPhone! :)

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
And here in lays the problem that non-Apple fans have with Apple fans. I also know that any Windows based device that I own will easily last longer than any current Apple device. I'm also 100% sure that I paid close to $2000 less than a similarly speced Apple (which is performing better than the Apple does, and I can prove it). I'm 100% sure that if I feel to upgrade anything in my computer I can pop open the case and add it. I'm 100% sure that the PC that I built in January of this year will be sitting, running faithfully at my desk for around 10 years (just like my last PC that I built).

It's certainly a personal choice that I have made, however it's comments like that very quote that displays why many non-Apple users don't understand, nor appreciate many Apple users.

My girlfriend's one year windows laptop is literally falling and breaking apart. My Dell gaming laptop started going after 6 months. My mother's computer didn't last a year. All of my other family's computers are replaced every year or so. Every one of my apple products have lasted(and all of my school's faculty and even the old guys still typing on 6-7 year old iMacs) while the competition has deteriorated. Do you not think this person has tried other brands before spending so much more on a computer? Do you not think everyone here doesn't say to themselves that, "hey, those laptops are really expensive...I should try something else?" Why are you mapping your own experience faith and saying it's the master truth when you are accusing everyone else's experience false? Please.

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
The thing is I'm in support for an enormous organization. We do use Dell desktops and laptops. The desktop that is sitting on my desk right now still has Windows XP on it and is over 4 years old. No issues. If you want to get into it further, my entire team all have desktops that are over 4 years old and not one have been replaced due to any hardware failure or manufacturer's defect. My manager is using an old t400 laptop which is also 5 years old. My older pc, the one I'm speaking of is sitting on the desk of my Father-in-law at his home and is going strong.

There are indefinably some suspect manufacturers and if you buy the cheapest hardware available, you will probably notice a big difference than better built equipment, however I have a really hard time believing that a laptop, under normal use conditions is dead after less than 1 year. I find it impossible to believe that a Dell gaming laptop was dying after 6 months. This I'm going to have to call BS on this (and even if it's true, both would still be under full warranty, as this would be a manufacturer's defect!!!). (Again this is the reason why people have issues with Apple users, it's surprising to see the full-blown lying going on here). The only way this could possibly true is abuse by the person owning the device. Never once in my 15 years working in technology for a 46,000 employee environment have I heard of hardware failing after under 1 year with any regularity, that wasn't caused by a manufacturer's defect. Apple has those as often as anybody else. Not to mention that when an Apple device fails due to a manufacturing defect, you have to send your device back and get it swapped with a refurbished model, losing everything. If a part fails on my desktop, I simply replace it myself. Enormous difference.

The one thing that I do know 100% for sure, beyond any shadow of a doubt is that my home PC will outperform any MAC desktop that is available (and is comparable to the MAC pro by the way) and I have 0 concerns about it's longevity or performance. I'm 100% positive that I can swap hardware and upgrade components at my own discretion. I know that I have the flexibility to do what I want, when I want. I don't have to jailbreak my device to customize stuff.

The iPhone 6 is already having memory problems and people in this very forum board are now complaining about the problem. App developers are being restricted by this very flaw. While I suspect that Apple will address this problem with an iPhone 6s, the fact of the matter is, in this day and age, this problem should never exist. It would cost them all of about $5.00 to add 1 extra GB of ram, but they chose not to. Most likely so they could convince the population to purchase a $1000.00 device, then buy another one because it has extra ram.

All that being said, I do fully understand this is personal preference. Nothing more, nothing less. I've seen and heard stories about reliability, which is false. I've heard stories about the ecosystem, which is as good in the Windows environment.

kyoiskyo

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is already having memory problems and people in this very forum board are now complaining about the problem. App developers are being restricted by this very flaw. While I suspect that Apple will address this problem with an iPhone 6s, the fact of the matter is, in this day and age, this problem should never exist. It would cost them all of about $5.00 to add 1 extra GB of ram, but they chose not to. Most likely so they could convince the population to purchase a $1000.00 device, then buy another one because it has extra ram.
I have not had any memory problem with my iPhone 6 with 1GB ram. The Blackberry Passport has 3 GB and lags like crazy, not that I would expect anything more from a manufacturer of garbage such as BB

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have tried all of the platforms, I have completely converted to Apple 100%

iPhone 6
iPad Air 4g
MacBook Pro retina
Apple TV

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend's one year windows laptop is literally falling and breaking apart. My Dell gaming laptop started going after 6 months. My mother's computer didn't last a year. All of my other family's computers are replaced every year or so. Every one of my apple products have lasted(and all of my school's faculty and even the old guys still typing on 6-7 year old iMacs) while the competition has deteriorated. Do you not think this person has tried other brands before spending so much more on a computer? Do you not think everyone here doesn't say to themselves that, "hey, those laptops are really expensive...I should try something else?" Why are you mapping your own experience faith and saying it's the master truth when you are accusing everyone else's experience false? Please.
Your anecdotes aren't important.

I can find people to tell you the opposite. I know guys with very old laptops that are still going strong. Yes Windows. I had a desktop I built that is still going somewhere, probably 8 years old now.

I know a guy with a MacBook pro. Within a year the DVD went bad. The one He had before that also died. That time he had to replace the motherboard. He bought this new one and now the DVD doesn't work. He says he will never get another MacBook. That he thinks they're crap.

Same with iPhones. Some left Android to go iPhone just to fund issues with the iPhone. Bad updates that killed their battery. Stupid restrictions, etc etc. And they regretted it.

Other people hate Android and love iPhone.

Your anecdotes here don't mean anything.

codyoehl

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I used to be an android fanboy
I was persistent in saying that android was better than iOS, mostly because of customization
It's actually kind of funny because my friend is a total Apple fanboy, he constantly made remarks about how crappy android was, especially Samsung
Then I decided I wanted a change, and I got the iPhone 6, and I'm loving it
Now I can say that I am not a fanboy, because after seeing how great iOS is, I'm not as picky
Will I go back to an android phone? Let's see what they release! Now I can say that I can pick the phone for me, regardless of who made it or what OS it is (well I probably won't buy a windows phone or blackberry, but that's another story)

I also used to be a spec junkie, but after seeing what the iPhone does with much lower specs than the S5, it doesn't matter as much to me (though I will probably drool over the awesome specs on the Samsung phones, even though they don't perform that well)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative