Week after: iPhone availability

Zlatko Joncev

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I plan to buy iPhone 6 in Germany on next Friday because I will have enough money only then. What is your experience with iPhone availability after one week in Apple Store?

Thanks in advance!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I plan to buy iPhone 6 in Germany on next Friday because I will have enough money only then. What is your experience with iPhone availability after one week in Apple Store?

Thanks in advance!

It really depends on the store. In the past, I have seen the stores be empty of stock, except for the daily or weekly shipments that would come in. Initially, these shipments were small and would often be gone soon after arrival. Once you have the money that you need, I would suggest calling to the local store(s) and regularly check for availability. You can always ask them to hold a device for you. Typically, this is not something they are willing to do, however it never hurts to ask.

Good luck!!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It all depends on the store, like finn said, and also the demand for the phone. If a ton of people want them, (which they do), you may have trouble finding one a week after launch.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
You can always try to be first in line at the store the day you want to get it, because there are *usually* small daily shipments for at least the first couple weeks if history repeats. I agree with the calling ahead idea or looking into it from the order page through the website to see if it will give you a projected pickup date, etc. you may be able to get a reservation.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You can always try to be first in line at the store the day you want to get it, because there are *usually* small daily shipments for at least the first couple weeks if history repeats. I agree with the calling ahead idea or looking into it from the order page through the website to see if it will give you a projected pickup date, etc. you may be able to get a reservation.

That's a good idea, the small daily shipments would be the best way to get it after launch day. :)