iphone 6 or Galaxy s5 + ipad air?

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
ok i have a question...last week i brought a macbook 13' pro with retina, that was my first apple product and im really enjoying the macOS, that totally changed my view towards apple products....but i still think that some products are way overpriced.....so, ill be direct...im an engineering student and i have 1000 ? to spend on personal electronics for study and im stuck between buying an 64gb iphone 6 for 800? or buying a galaxy s5 for 479? on amazon and a refurbished ipad air for 410?....which choice would be better for me? and why? to be truth im leaning towards the galaxy with the water proof technology and expansion possibilities....but someway i think that would be a waste to have an android phone while i use a mac...or should it be good to have a part of booth worlds?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Only YOU can answer those questions. If you have a MacBook Pro, why would you need a smartphone "for study", as you put it? You can carry the MacBook basically wherever you can carry a smartphone. Now if you just want to use the money to get a smartphone, then YOU device which one will best suit you. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks about it. It's your money, and you are the one who will be stuck with the purchase, and therefore, it is YOUR decision alone. Go to a store, handle each device you're considering, although you will have to wait a bit for the 6 Plus, and then make your decision.

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
the phone is not for study...its just that i really need a phone because my old xperia U can't handle very well here on germany...and if i pick the galaxy + ipad, a new question appears: should i wait until november for the new ipad and see if it fits on the budget or the old version becomes more cheap, or should i buy it right now cuz the november new ipad release is just a rumour?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thalles, should I wear a sweater tomorrow because the forecast says a high of 68 degrees or should I wear a T-shirt since the sun might feel warm. But what if there is a breeze? Or maybe it doesn't reach that temp? What should I do?

Seriously. What D said is exactly right. No one here knows if rumors will hold true. No one here knows your financial situation, your personal needs, or your priorities. Stop the crowd sourcing affirmation and do what you think is best for you. I mean no harm at all. It's just that these types of threads are beyond exhausting.

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
its kinda hard for me...because i like to plan ahead...like...i want to know where ill be and how much that ll costs me 1-2 months earlier...to turn things worse im pretty much undecided ( i needed to quit WoW because i couldn't decide which class to play after having all lv 90)...i just want to know already what will be my needs in 2 months from now, but unexpected things keeps happening in this country...for now i know that i need a phone....and just that...but idk if ill need the tablet...or the iphone+mac will fill my needs...like....i wake up thinking that the iphone will be the best choice than when i go to sleep i already changed my opinion...and it keeps happening everyday....

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered a 6+ and its 5.5" screen to be enough to allow you to forego the need for a phone 'and' a tablet? If so, would it fall in the price range you are working with?

JAStark27

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Really depends on the features you want. If you want to have your texts and calls to go to your Mac and have that kind of seamless stuff between the devices I'd go apple. If you want the option to expand your storage and have that control go galaxy. Although 64gb is going to take a lot to fill. Also if your considering a smart watch in the future that may also factor in as well. I know how you feel though. I'm switching a lot of my stuff personally to apple. I have never owned a Mac but will be getting one with income tax money I get in February. I pre-ordered the iPhone 6 64gb and I may get an iPad in November or whenever the new one comes. Plus I'll be getting the apple watch as well. It comes down to what you want though. Maybe you should wait till you can handle both devices and decide what one you enjoy more.

Posted via iMore App

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
ok i have a question...last week i brought a macbook 13' pro with retina, that was my first apple product and im really enjoying the macOS, that totally changed my view towards apple products....but i still think that some products are way overpriced.....so, ill be direct...im an engineering student and i have 1000 ? to spend on personal electronics for study and im stuck between buying an 64gb iphone 6 for 800? or buying a galaxy s5 for 479? on amazon and a refurbished ipad air for 410?....which choice would be better for me? and why? to be truth im leaning towards the galaxy with the water proof technology and expansion possibilities....but someway i think that would be a waste to have an android phone while i use a mac...or should it be good to have a part of booth worlds?

I've tied similar scenarios. First used a blackberry and iPad. Then android and iPod touch. I take the train to work and then commute is about an hour so I figured this would work. Well in the end I get annoyed with having to carry around 2 devices erg me always. I'd go with a ip6 plus so you have the size closer to an android or iPad and still all the perks of an iPhone. Even if you have to wait to save a little more cash.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a S4 and a MacBook Pro and iPad I don't have any problems with my S4 syncing to my MacBook if that's what you're worried about. The reason I'm getting a 6+ us because I want seamless integration between my devices and it makes my life easier. I wouldn't find myself having to carry around so many things because they all do something different.